The Glorious Army of Hind: The Indian Army in Pictures

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
Operation Sadbhavana (Goodwill) is an unique humane initiative undertaken by Indian Army in the State of Jammu & Kashmir to address aspirations of people affected by scrooge of terrorism, sponsored and abetted by Pakistan. The unique operation has provided succor to a large section of population of the State. As part of a grand design an insidious attempt was made by terrorist ‘tanzeems’ to systematically subvert Government officials, target property, public services and symbols of State authority in order to inflict hardship and alienate local population from the national fabric. It was in these challenging operational environment that the Indian Army as part of the overall Counter Terrorism strategy decided to use its footprint to wrest the initiative back from the terrorists, re-integrate the ‘Awaam’ (Locals) with the national mainstream and blunt the proxy war abetted by Pakistan.
Indian Army's initiative to provide healing touches to terror affected population of Jammu and Kashmir. Check out the FB page for more updates:

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
What kind of modern combat attire ?
I guess he meant night vision goggles plus proper bjp and headgear,knee pads,good enough assault rifle.and of course an encrypted communication gear.
Just a wild guess.

I believe it should not cost more than 7000-10000 use.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
40-70k per soldier without the night vision or PNS ..

I like combat clothing which have in-build knee pad or elbow pad ..

I guess he meant night vision goggles plus proper bjp and headgear,knee pads,good enough assault rifle.and of course an encrypted communication gear.
Just a wild guess.

I believe it should not cost more than 7000-10000 use.

hammer head

Country flag
1. Para Wings - A Paratrooper wing is earned after successful completion of Parachute basic course and worn on right Brest pocket above nameplate

2. Anti Tank Guided Missile (ATGM) course Qualified - Earned during Battalion support weapon (BSW) course after successfully hitting the target thus he is trained to knock out Armored vehicles and Tanks from range.

3. Diving Badge - It depicts a Diver fully geared with combat load and ready to undertake specialized underwater ops. As a diver having endurance, strength and stamina he is also skilled in various weapons, explosives and equipment for specialized underwater ops and as saboteur.

4. Combat Free fall - Earned after combat free fall course, 50 jumps from 30,000 ~ ft learning both HAHO (High altitude high opening) and HALO (High altitude low opening) jumps.

5. Balidan Badge - 1st proposed by Col Megh Singh, it's earned by select few after grueling probation period 1st successful op

6. Qualification wing - indicating 25, 50, 100 jumps by star, worn below left breast pocket.

7. 1st ribbion- SHAURYA CHAKRA

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
That "खतरा" sign in the last pic......is that a minefield?
Yep! Mine fields are always marked with red triangles with 'Danger' or 'खतरा' painted on them. These are hung at various points on the wire fencing of the minefields for safety of own troops.

HarshBardhan

Casper
4 Sikh soldiers in action during Indo-Pak War of 1965 against Pakistani forces in Barki village

The ‘Battle of Barki’ was fought between September 6 and 11 in 1965 by 65 Infantry Brigade which had captured Barki village on the Ichhogil Canal, around 14 km from Lahore. The battle resulted in an Indian victory after they were able to capture the town on 11 September 1965.

The Battle Honour of ‘Barki’ and theatre Honour of Punjab, 1965, was conferred on 16 Punjab, 4 Sikh and 9 Madras regiments of 65 Infantry Brigade.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles