The Glorious Army of Hind: The Indian Army in Pictures

rkhanna

Country flag
I have seen similar SOP in NE. Here too, instead of going for room intervention, the first thing soldiers gets trained for is to lob grenade inside room thru any possible vent to flush out terrorist.

Room intervention is something which is off course there in the curriculum, but a normal infantry man would be the last to employ it.

As far as invading Pakistan is concerned, I'd better keep my thoughts to myself.
Yes sir. Sorry for saying JK only. Basically COIN COIN. Conventional war is different.

Every time troops are inducted into a COIN area they have to go through reorientation training and re do another training when they go back to parent unit.

Again refer to the AARs in kargil.

Imagine you are mech infantry taking a small border town. You have to deal with dug in Armour and Snipers interspersed amongst the civilian population. To flank the armour your troops have to take and secure the surrounding structures secure the civilians , neutralize the light jnfantry before you can take out the armour. Now in such a senarior the soldiers will be infantry armed with INSAS. There eis no time to wait for specialized troops to come. And too much ground to cover just for ghataks to do the jobs

nongaddarliberal

Country flag

Ujjain

Country flag
Sure,whenever i get a layover next in Mumbai i will ping you if you are free we can have a beer.

The 90s Kashmir RR ops is my favourite part of history of the Indian Army. Those were the times when we were ruthless.. as it was needed or we would have lost territory.

My old man has been personally responsible for killing a afghan terrorist in hand to hand combat and recovering arms which were unheard of like cyanide tip arrows, solar activated missiles and modified Aks back in the mid 90s.

However,you and i cant buy him beer as he is resting with his comrades in peace.

Regarding the PLA..i would like to talk about it when we meet.Here you never know who gets offended how if i state some facts.I like to respect my opponent as thats my attitude but here people take that for being a traitor.
So you know some stories of those times?
Hope you won't share them.

Ujjain

Country flag
He is from my father's unit. A brilliant and really ground to earth officer and an even
better commander for his troops.

prcachia

In the last two photos, the Israeli Orlite helmets can be easily distinguished by their shape and outline. What about the other helmets? Take for example the helmet to the right of the soldier shaking hands with the high ranking officer. Is the helmet refurbished Model 1974s or a new helmet model? I have seen photos of those same helmets with black cushioned liners and black three-point chinstraps, with the same helmet cover as seen in the pictures and as used on the Orlites. Is it made of fibreglass too and when did it enter service?

prcachia

In the last two photos, the Israeli Orlite helmets can be easily distinguished by their shape and outline. What about the other helmets? Take for example the helmet to the right of the soldier shaking hands with the high ranking officer. Is the helmet refurbished Model 1974s or a new helmet model? I have seen photos of those same helmets with black cushioned liners and black three-point chinstraps, with the same helmet cover as seen in the pictures and as used on the Orlites. Is it made of fibreglass too and when did it enter service?
. I am talking about this helmet:
001.jpg
002.jpg

Global Defence

New threads

Articles