The Glorious Army of Hind: The Indian Army in Pictures

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Last edited:

Unknowncommando 2

Country flag

Becoming One Team

1-2 Stryker Brigade Combat Team and Indian Army Soldiers move as one fireteam storming Leschi Town, a training ground outside of Joint Base Lewis–McChord during the #YudhAbhyas19 exercise. Over 700 Soldiers are training across various military disciplines to build a cohesive team that can respond to threats in the Pacific.

Follow the link below to see more images from the exercise
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ghostbrigade/

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
Am I the only one to think those orange furniture INSASes look utter shit in the hands of our boys?

And it will be loads of fun to see them the next time around with AK203s in hand.
Indian soldiers in training with Muricans with AK203s. The irony.
Honest question???

Why do we even have that orange paint on any gun?
Especially AK's in the army.
Paramilitary don't seem to have such a stupid paint on their AKs.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Honest question???

Why do we even have that orange paint on any gun?
Especially AK's in the army.
Paramilitary don't seem to have such a stupid paint on their AKs.
Paramilitaries mostly use Bulgarian AKs & Indian Ghatak... Both come with black furniture.
Am I the only one to think those orange furniture INSASes look utter shit in the hands of our boys?
Ok you were in the INA, right?

Did nobody in the forces bother to even ask for that plastic to be camouflage painted & even the basicest of modernisation features like p-rails, ergonomic grip, adjustable buttstock etc. be added to Insas? Why???
These things are being commonly used for a more than a decade!!!

Last edited:

Waanar

Country flag
Paramilitaries mostly use Bulgarian AKs & Indian Ghatak... Both come with black furniture.

Did nobody in the forces bother to even ask for that plastic to be camouflage painted & even the basicest of modernisation features like p-rails, ergonomic grip, adjustable buttstock etc. be added to Insas? Why???
Correct me if I'm wrong but this IS an INSAS, right? pretty well camo'd (and worn out). Although it's CoBRAs, not the Army.

binayak95

Country flag

The Navy is hardly going to bother with INSAS when its stuck with the 9mm Sterling !
Yeah, VBSS teams still use the 9mm Sterling, though recently have seen X95s in use as well.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Correct me if I'm wrong but this IS an INSAS, right? pretty well camo'd (and worn out). Although it's CoBRAs, not the Army.
Yes, but I don't think that it was issued like that... They/he did the painting on the stock orange (& did a pretty good job).
IMG_20190914_204515_458.jpg
The CRPF Cobra have the best standard issued uniform in India today... There are slight variations in the pattern but they don't look like mercenary/militia soldiers as from Kashmir.
Their widely-used pattern is like a digicamo version of Indian Army's one, & a perfect next step that they should adopt too.
IMG_20190914_205925_576.jpg

The Navy is hardly going to bother with INSAS when its stuck with the 9mm Sterling !
Yeah, VBSS teams still use the 9mm Sterling, though recently have seen X95s in use as well.
Not just Navy, I meant the forces in general... Army should have bothered?
I seriously doubt that they actually asked for those easily incorporated upgrades but were shown the finger. Did they just bitch about the quality of Insas for 20 fucking years, or actually tried working with OFB to fix the issues instead of going on ordering & accepting low quality crap?

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles