The forbidden public toilets of Beijing

rockdog

Country flag
Typical Chinese hypocrisy and double talk!

While you are brandishing the 'Nobel Prize' as the last word for propriety, how come you did not display the same for Liu Xiaobo, the Chinese literary critic, writer, professor, and human rights activist who called for political reforms and the end of communist single-party rule in China?

You may not recall since your Communist party must have re-written history, he was formally arrested on 23 June 2009 on suspicion of "inciting subversion of state power." He was tried on the same charges on 23 December 2009, and sentenced to eleven years' imprisonment and two years' deprivation of political rights on 25 December 2009.

On 8 October 2010, the Nobel Committee awarded Liu the Nobel Peace Prize "for his long and non-violent struggle for fundamental human rights in China,"[saying that Liu had long been front-runner as the recipient of the prize.

Selective amnesia and trotting out to suit the scriptures?

Did you read the book from him? if not, it's a pit you lost such funny scene!
U know what? i support him (Liu Xiaobo), and i read lots of his book and poem, just like i read Naipaul's. I take both "seriously"!
Not like you as selective blind...

I
They could not even crush the unarmed Tibetans!
Yeah, PLA can't crush the unarmed Tibetans, and PLA crushed AI in 1962, dose it mean Unarmed Tibetans can crush AI?

rockdog

Country flag
:lol:

on a serious note : WHO | Fast facts

593 million in China and 251 million in India gained access to improved sanitation since 1990. at same scale of 100 person India will show more people added in absolute term when compared.
(2011)
Population growth rate in India = 1.37%
Population growth rate of China = 0.47%
for every 100 capita India produces ~ 0.9 child extra than China.
This means India added X 1.9 the population as China did @same scale during 2001-2011.

(2001)
Population growth rate in India = 1.64%
Population growth rate of China = 0.73%
for every 100 capita India added ~ 0.9 child extra than China.
This means India added X 1.9 (double) the population as China did @same scale during 1991-2001.

so , assuming approx. values @same scale India Added double the China added to its population (1991-2011)

you can't simple say India is not sanitizing its people. our govt. is more efficient that China if you take the Economic Scale into the account and the BOP crisis of 1991. The way India is moving forward will show its effects in one or two decades. The growth rate will drop in next decade and it will show better result. The population growth rate will be a big factor.It nullifies the sanitation success. :pound:

World Development Indicators and Global Development Finance - Google Public Data Explorer
Why only compare it from 1991? Why some many those calculation as excuse? Can we just use the absolute date to compare on per capital?

Not only the "sanitation" issue, but from all the index of human development, the Gap between India & China is getting wider, if you compare the "modern" India from 1947 and China from 1949. The China almost fully damaged during WWII, and India was almost kept away from the war.

Again, in 21century, 35%of your people can't even read and write, 60% of your people simple can't have a single toilet, that's way you called our govt. is more efficient that China ? I still have to say. the literacy and the "defecation" is very very shameful when you pointing the finger to China!

Life expectancy at birth:
67.14 years (India)
74.84 years (China)

Children under the age of 5 years underweight:
43.5% (India)
8.7% (China)

*BTW, this is the No.1 ranking in the world!
(https://www.cia.gov/library/publica...India&countryCode=in&regionCode=sas&rank=1#in)
Even worse than some African nations... why? because of "our govt. is more efficient that China" for making your children more slim?

Literacy:
61% (India)
92% (China)

GDP - per capita (PPP):
$3,700 (2011 est.) (India)
$8500 (China)

Maternal mortality rate:
200 deaths/100,000 live births (India)
37 deaths/100,000 live births (China)

Source:
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/in.html
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ch.html

-------------------------

WHO | Fast facts

- India with 626 million people who practice open defecation, has more than twice the number of the next 18 countries combined;

- Countries that account for almost three-quarters of the people who practice open defecation:
India (626 million)
Indonesia (63 million)
Pakistan (40 million)
Ethiopia (38 million)
Nigeria (34 million)
Sudan (19 million)
Nepal (15 million)
China (14 million)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
You should. You claimed to know about China even though you have not been to China; but questioned another one's article about India because he wasn't in India.

So what? One doesnt have to be in China to understand China, but has to be in India to understand India.

By the way, you asked if I have visited Chinese rural area before I asked you. May I ask why did you ask that question?

Sent from my T8830 using Tapatalk 2
As usual.

Going around the mulberry bush to obfuscate and go tangential.

Understandable.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
U know what? i support him (Liu Xiaobo), and i read lots of his book and poem, just like i read Naipaul's. I take both "seriously"!
Not like you as selective blind...
OMG, you support Liu!

A wonder of the world that you do?

Where were you when your Govt went out of the way not only to arrest him for four times and also not allow him to collect the Nobel Prize.

How much of bogus stuff can you pander to?

Yeah, PLA can't crush the unarmed Tibetans, and PLA crushed AI in 1962, dose it mean Unarmed Tibetans can crush AI?
Did they?

Do you understand military tactics.

Guess they quit what was known as NEFA?

blank_quest

Country flag
Why only compare it from 1991? Why some many those calculation as excuse? Can we just use the absolute date to compare on per capital?

Not only the "sanitation" issue, but from all the index of human development, the Gap between India & China is getting wider, if you compare the "modern" India from 1947 and China from 1949. The China almost fully damaged during WWII, and India was almost kept away from the war.

Again, in 21century, 35%of your people can't even read and write, 60% of your people simple can't have a single toilet, that's way you called our govt. is more efficient that China ? I still have to say. the literacy and the "defecation" is very very shameful when you pointing the finger to China!

Life expectancy at birth:
67.14 years (India)
74.84 years (China)

Children under the age of 5 years underweight:
43.5% (India)
8.7% (China)

(https://www.cia.gov/library/publica...e=India&countryCode=in®ionCode=sas&rank=1#in)
Even worse than some African nations... why? because of "our govt. is more efficient that China" for making your children more slim?

Literacy:
61% (India)
92% (China)

GDP - per capita (PPP):
$3,700 (2011 est.) (India)
$8500 (China)

Maternal mortality rate:
200 deaths/100,000 live births (India)
37 deaths/100,000 live births (China)

Source:
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/in.html
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ch.html

-------------------------

WHO | Fast facts

- India with 626 million people who practice open defecation, has more than twice the number of the next 18 countries combined;

- Countries that account for almost three-quarters of the people who practice open defecation:
India (626 million)
Indonesia (63 million)
Pakistan (40 million)
Ethiopia (38 million)
Nigeria (34 million)
Sudan (19 million)
Nepal (15 million)
China (14 million)
DECADAL GROWTH ( Addition in Population )
2011-2001
China: 65 million (64,86,80,15), India: 181 million ( 18,14,55,986 ) -- ==> 181~65=116 million. extra added in India.
2001-1991
China: 121 million (12,10,70,00), India 166 million ( 16,59,43,000 ) -- ==>166-121=45 million extra added in India.

1991-2011
so total extra added population in India is (116+45) million = 161 million. This means India has added 161 million more population that has to be sanitized during same period.
India can't follow coercive Child Planning like China. www.nchla.org/datasource/ifactsheets/unfpa011805.pdf

Get Clear with the Date and Facts and wait for next Next Post on How Efficient China is!

Population in
2001-1991 (Reference date)
China 1,277.6 million (01.02.2000), India 1,027.0 million (01.03.2001)
2001-2012
China 1,341.0 million (01-03-2011), India 1210.19 million (01.03.2011)
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2011-03/01/content_12091922.htm
NationMaster - Time Series > People > Population > China
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/
http://censusindia.gov.in/Data_Products/Library/Provisional_Population_Total_link/PDF_Links/chapter3.pdf
NationMaster - Time Series > People > Population > India

nimo_cn

Country flag
As usual.

Going around the mulberry bush to obfuscate and go tangential.

Understandable.
As usual, dodging my questions blaming me when yourself has no answers.

I asked two simple questions, you answered none. How about decreasing the questions to just one, why did you ask me if I had visited Chinese rural area?

rockdog

Country flag
DECADAL GROWTH ( Addition in Population )
2011-2001
China: 65 million (64,86,80,15), India: 181 million ( 18,14,55,986 ) -- ==> 181~65=116 million. extra added in India.
2001-1991
China: 121 million (12,10,70,00), India 166 million ( 16,59,43,000 ) -- ==>166-121=45 million extra added in India.

1991-2011
so total extra added population in India is (116+45) million = 161 million. This means India has added 161 million more population that has to be sanitized during same period.
India can't follow coercive Child Planning like China. www.nchla.org/datasource/ifactsheets/unfpa011805.pdf

Get Clear with the Date and Facts and wait for next Next Post on How Efficient China is!

Population now stands at 1.341 billion
NationMaster - Time Series > People > Population > China
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/
http://censusindia.gov.in/Data_Products/Library/Provisional_Population_Total_link/PDF_Links/chapter3.pdf
NationMaster - Time Series > People > Population > India
1. I really don't have interest to follow the way of your calculation, it makes no sense, from 1947 till now, most of your data even worse than African nations, and stay in the bottom of human being. You called this as " Efficient"?

Check a famous definition of "Efficient" here: Hindu rate of growth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2.Why no international organization use your way of calculation to prize India and bashing China?

2. Do you accept that, those data for India are shameful? Especially about the literacy, defecation, Children under the age of 5 years underweight...
Please just let me know your answer: SHAMEFUL or NOT?

nimo_cn

Country flag
1. I really don't have interest to follow the way of your calculation, it makes no sense, from 1947 till now, most of your data even worse than African nations, and stay in the bottom of human being. You called this as " Efficient"?

Check a famous definition of "Efficient" here: Hindu rate of growth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2.Why no international organization use your way of calculation to prize India and bashing China?

2. Do you accept that, those data for India are shameful? Especially about the literacy, defecation, Children under the age of 5 years underweight...
My answer is a big NO!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
As usual, dodging my questions blaming me when yourself has no answers.

I asked two simple questions, you answered none. How about decreasing the questions to just one, why did you ask me if I had visited Chinese rural area?

You are the established Chinese head of the 50 cent people.

Need we say more?

We enjoy your irrelevance.

Adds to the zest of the forum!

blank_quest

Country flag

I don't blame you ~ You are not ready to read between the lines~
If YOU CAN'T Digest that India is FAR MORE Productive and Efficient than China.
Our calculations suggest that over the period 1980 to 2000, most of the growth of GDP
per capita in China and India was due to increased productivity within sectors (5.3 of the 8.1
percentage points in China, and 3.0 of the 3.6 percentage points in India).
Per capita Increment in GDP
==> India (3/3.6) X 100 % i.e. 83.33%
==> China (5.3/8.1) X 100% i.e 65.43%

Now about life expectancy
The World Bank data used for the regressions indicate a more rapid rise in life expectancy in China
over the period than is seen in U.N. data, because the World Bank data for Chinese life expectancy in
1960 are much lower. There are other notable differences between the two sources regarding health in
China. Most prominent among them is what appears to be an error in the World Bank (2005) data, which
report a total fertility rate of 3.4 for China in 1960 (versus 5.7 in United Nations 2004)
. By contrast, the
two sources are in reasonably close agreement about the total fertility rate in China beginning in 1965
(World Bank records 6.4; UN records 6.1), although there is a momentary difference in 1970 (this time
with the World Bank giving the higher figure of 5.8, compared with 4.9 from the UN).
http://isites.harvard.edu/fs/docs/icb.topic626482.files/Bloom_Canning_China_India.pdf

I can also sort the examples that you will never digest. If You are not ready for a Healthy Debate <I DON"T GIVE A DAMN>

nimo_cn

Country flag
You are the established Chinese head of the 50 cent people.

Need we say more?

We enjoy your irrelevance.

Adds to the zest of the forum!
I am?

That is a big compliment. Being a 50 cent only means I am hitting a nerve.

Still dodging my questions? How about me taking the liberty of answering them for you?

Ray asked me if i have visited Chinese rural area and if i need his education on Chinese only because he wanted to tell me i wasn't qualified to comment on Chinese rural area if i hadn't experienced it. But he miscalculated and didnt expect me to be from a peasant family.

When i asked if someone has to be in China and India to understand both, Ray was kept in a dilemma.

He could not say yes because that would make Ray the last qualified people to comment on China. Ray has never been to China, cant read any Chinese, knows no Chinese people in his real life.

Neither could he say no, because Ray tried to dispute the authentity of an India-related article, arguing that the author wasn't in India. It is like slapping his own faces.

Smart as Ray, he cant let that happen.

So how did Ray respond? As usual, dodge my questions and tag me as 50 cent.

As we all agreed, Ray is the largest hypocrite at DFI

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
What a gas! :pound:

As we all agreed, Ray is the largest hypocrite at DFI
Proof that the 50 Cent politburo met and agreed to the diktat of Nimo, the CPC appointed 50 cent Head! ;) :rofl:

Truth cannot be hidden for long! ;)

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Poor little Nemo.

Survive the odds!

Last edited by a moderator:

rockdog

Country flag
I don't blame you ~ You are not ready to read between the lines~
If YOU CAN'T Digest that India is FAR MORE Productive and Efficient than China.

Per capita Increment in GDP
==> India (3/3.6) X 100 % i.e. 83.33%
==> China (5.3/8.1) X 100% i.e 65.43%

Now about life expectancy

http://isites.harvard.edu/fs/docs/icb.topic626482.files/Bloom_Canning_China_India.pdf

I can also sort the examples that you will never digest. If You are not ready for a Healthy Debate <I DON"T GIVE A DAMN>

All the data i cited are from CIA, World Bank, WHO, but u just gave a simple academic study paper and your ridiculous calculation, i do believe that my data is more authoritative than yours.

LOL, by this kind way of calculation, you would even determine that US, Brazil, Canada are all not as "Productive and Efficient" as India government. And if you insist, let it be and enjoy yourself.

All i have to say is: it's 2012, 10 yrs plus after new century, and half of your people just sh**ting outside, 40% of your children lack of enough food, 1/3 of your people just can't read and write, this is a BIG SHAMLE and also so called "Productive and Efficient" defined by you! This data is even wore than the lots African nations!

Let me list the data again here, to bring the "Productive and Efficient" glory to you and make you happy, OK?

- Children under the age of 5 years underweight:
43.5% (India)
(https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...=sas&rank=1#in)

- Literacy:
61% (India)

Last edited:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
^^ Are you pulling out these statistics from your ass? I didn't bother to read the rest of your "statistics". Even a cursory Google search will show India's literacy as 74% and youth literacy as 82%. Silly fellow.

rockdog

Country flag
^^ Are you pulling out these statistics from your ass? I didn't bother to read the rest of your "statistics". Even a cursory Google search will show India's literacy as 74% and youth literacy as 82%. Silly fellow.
"statistics from your ass" "Silly fellow"
Please do not get personal, i won't fight it back but not going to debate if you insult me, thanks.

winton

such literacy hasn't really done the indians any good. Still far to may literates still take a dump on the streets and in open sewers. Haven't they heard of a toilet?

There is no doubt that chinese public toilets are lower in standards to say singapore, but they do exist, whereas in india, they exist, but not in western definition. in india a public toilet is rather public. It is anywhere and everywhere. It does make the statistics about literacy not so credible. but I guess if you gotta go do it, you gotta go!

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
such literacy hasn't really done the indians any good. Still far to may literates still take a dump on the streets and in open sewers. Haven't they heard of a toilet?

There is no doubt that chinese public toilets are lower in standards to say singapore, but they do exist, whereas in india, they exist, but not in western definition. in india a public toilet is rather public. It is anywhere and everywhere. It does make the statistics about literacy not so credible. but I guess if you gotta go do it, you gotta go!
What you are talking about has absolutely nothing to do with what you are saying.

How does toilets or the lack of it make the literacy statistics "not so credible"? Don't make idiotic statements. That way, one can question any statistic based on one's personal prejudices.

India's literacy rate is 74%, and not 61% like he was claiming. That is the truth, and that's what I was speaking about.

winton

What you are talking about has absolutely nothing to do with what you are saying.

How does toilets or the lack of it make the literacy statistics "not so credible"? Don't make idiotic statements. That way, one can question any statistic based on one's personal prejudices.

India's literacy rate is 74%, and not 61% like he was claiming. That is the truth, and that's what I was speaking about.
You are correct literacy rates in india is 74%. He is incorrect, but my point is, more literates ought to know where to go when nature calls.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles