The Football thread

A.V.

WELL I DIDNT WATCH THAT MATCH JUST CAME BACK HOME , will try to see the high lights

many indian moneybags are showing interest in the epl too i bet some other leagues will also be very good prospect for them

just to let all here know the russian national league is sponsored by some of the major indian diamond brand CHORON diamonds and they seem to be happy at the investment

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Is it true that Barclay Premiere League is bought by an Indian now?

plugwater

Noone can buy EPL.. Blackburn Rovers is the only club in EPL which has an Indian owner.

plugwater

What a great fvcking weekend !!!

United back to where it belongs :)

Chelsea got only 4 points in last 5 games i think.. lol

Liverpool season is getting worse, lost against spurs in last minute and FA cup first round against ManUtd at Old trafford :)

Today El Clasico.. Must watch !!

plugwater

Barcelona 5 - 0 Real Madrid..

Rape is a under statement for this scoreline. One of the best game i have ever seen in my lifetime.. I wish just once Manutd play like barca played yesterday before i die.

Special one and over paid twats were totally humiliated.

Current Barca team is the best team of the century..

A.V.

well barca showed real and their management who are the kings

cant imagine real could not even match up yellow cards and a red imagine that , the real captain was a sorry figure the expressions were so bad from them they were raped in every possible way

what a match , what a match i wish barca in the second half does that to real in their home that would be the crown

mayfair

Ha ha, all that big talk from Real and Maureen and they are thumped 5-0..El classico just become El tragico for the Madridistas (apart from the Ateleti fans that is).

But then I should not be the one to talk with my team continuing their downward spiral under the bumbling fool of a manager and players looking less than half interested..cry my beloved Liverpool.

plugwater

I wouldn't blame hodgson for your defeat against spurs.. It was the players fault to waste all those chances..

A.V.

real has to see why a player like kaka is still sidelined even though the current ones looked miserable yesterday

plugwater

Ozil was hailed as next zidane till yesterday.. So he was selected instead of kaka.. But i couldn't understand the logic of replacing him with diarra in half time... Real was 2 goals down and replacing an attacking midfielder with a defensive player is weird..

mayfair

I wouldn't blame hodgson for your defeat against spurs.. It was the players fault to waste all those chances..
We were dire in the second half. Konchesky has been leaking goals from the left in almost every game and yet he starts..Roy still thinks he's managing Fulham. Of course having highly paid underperformers like Joe Cole and Glen Johnson does not help.

mayfair

Ozil was hailed as next zidane till yesterday.. So he was selected instead of kaka.. But i couldn't understand the logic of replacing him with diarra in half time... Real was 2 goals down and replacing an attacking midfielder with a defensive player is weird..
The plan with getting Diarra was perhaps to man mark Xavi or Messi and stop Barca from playing their natural game. Mourinho did something very similar in the CL last year when he put markers on every Barca player. Hiddink did the same the year before.

plugwater

We were dire in the second half. Konchesky has been leaking goals from the left in almost every game and yet he starts..Roy still thinks he's managing Fulham. Of course having highly paid underperformers like Joe Cole and Glen Johnson does not help.
Still you could ve killed the game in the first half itself..

The plan with getting Diarra was perhaps to man mark Xavi or Messi and stop Barca from playing their natural game. Mourinho did something very similar in the CL last year when he put markers on every Barca player. Hiddink did the same the year before.
Last year was different, Inter was down to ten men and was leading in aggregate but against Real it wasn't the case. Mourinho had alonso and khedira in the pitch, he could ve used them to mark and they are good too, IMO it was a stupid substitution..

A.V.

yes diarra was sent out to mark messi he infact led to the challenge that got sergio ramos ousted and even before that collected a yellow for the same to keep messi on tabs but messi went a step further he went s notch back deep and pushed iniesta up front in the second half , yest messi managed two passes that led to the villa goals what real never understood was the midfield battle they were losing with khaderia and xavi alonso exposed to xavi , basquests and iniesta skills they were repeatedly made to look ordinary
the best solution would have been to take out benzema , play ozil upfront and keep diarra as sweeper behind the midfield to stop yet the quality of barcelona midfield was too heavy for them

people thought that barca needed the center attack and if they choke them they can hit back on counters like last year yeat in this match puyol was deep never crossed the half line , dani alves was passing long balls and pique was playing up and down that made the quick counter threat to a minimal and the midfield ruled all over xavi and iniesta were feeding pedro and villa like no other , although messi got frustrated a bit in the match , he wanted a goal to show to the pseudos who is the king tough luch for him but he made a master stroke when he dropped back and pulled diarra up with him that helped to move the real defence up a notch and those through balls to villa were getting the perfect space to run home , a master stroke from messi and barca

A.V.

yes diarra was sent out to mark messi he infact led to the challenge that got sergio ramos ousted and even before that collected a yellow for the same to keep messi on tabs but messi went a step further he went s notch back deep and pushed iniesta up front in the second half , yest messi managed two passes that led to the villa goals what real never understood was the midfield battle they were losing with khaderia and xavi alonso exposed to xavi , basquests and iniesta skills they were repeatedly made to look ordinary
the best solution would have been to take out benzema , play ozil upfront and keep diarra as sweeper behind the midfield to stop yet the quality of barcelona midfield was too heavy for them

people thought that barca needed the center attack and if they choke them they can hit back on counters like last year yeat in this match puyol was deep never crossed the half line , dani alves was passing long balls and pique was playing up and down that made the quick counter threat to a minimal and the midfield ruled all over xavi and iniesta were feeding pedro and villa like no other , although messi got frustrated a bit in the match , he wanted a goal to show to the pseudos who is the king tough luch for him but he made a master stroke when he dropped back and pulled diarra up with him that helped to move the real defence up a notch and those through balls to villa were getting the perfect space to run home , a master stroke from messi and barca

A.V.

about the diarra substitution it was a master stroke from barca see this this way :-

. ozil replaced means dimaria and benzema were falling deep and supply link in attack was broken , diarra comes on with job to mark messi -------- what messi does he goes back one step deep that pulls diarra up from his normal line that also made the real defenders up a notch-- what it does the through balls from messi found villa with lots of space to work and score - a master class

the effect on attack was that with ozil gone benzema was rendered useless , dimaria was passing long balls with little luck and the midfield with khedira and alonso were over done by iniesta , xavi and basquests , --- in the second half it was all tactical barca pumped real like no other puyol never crossed the half line , dani alves were playing in midline and pumping pedro with long balls or through xavi that kept out any counter attacks and ronaldo and co had that look o the face that was enough

A.V.

about the diarra substitution it was a master stroke from barca see this this way :-

. ozil replaced means dimaria and benzema were falling deep and supply link in attack was broken , diarra comes on with job to mark messi -------- what messi does he goes back one step deep that pulls diarra up from his normal line that also made the real defenders up a notch-- what it does the through balls from messi found villa with lots of space to work and score - a master class

the effect on attack was that with ozil gone benzema was rendered useless , dimaria was passing long balls with little luck and the midfield with khedira and alonso were over done by iniesta , xavi and basquests , --- in the second half it was all tactical barca pumped real like no other puyol never crossed the half line , dani alves were playing in midline and pumping pedro with long balls or through xavi that kept out any counter attacks and ronaldo and co had that look o the face that was enough

Global Defence

New threads

Articles