The Football thread

Rushil51

Country flag
Crazy game just finished between Liverpool FC and Middlesbrough F.C in the Capital One Cup.

Game ended 2-2 in normal and extra time and Liverpool FC won after winning penalty shoot-out 14-13!. 30 penalties were taken in the penalty shoot-out.

anupamsurey

Country flag
http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/repor...ng-ahead-of-world-cup-qualifier-match-2093604

Indian footballers Jeje Lalpekhlua and Jackichand Singh today said the army training which the players underwent here as a new concept in team building exercise has inspired and taught them a lesson to remain united while taking on the opponents.

"It was unique for us. The sacrifices made by the Army inspired us," Jackichand told reporters here.

"It was a wonderful experience. We saw our Jawans doing it with ease. That motivated us and we completed the 21-barrier course. We are well a big happy family," Jeje added.

Indian footballers underwent army training as a new concept in team building exercise as the part of preparations for the 2018 World Cup Preliminary Joint Qualification match against Oman on June 11.

The training exercise took place at the Army Service Corps Centre here where the Indian players were put through obstacle courses consisting of 21 different barriers and also team building recreational games.
Talking about the tough battle ahead, Jackichand said it will be a very difficult match against Oman, but the team was ready.

"It will be a very difficult match. But we are ready. It has been an eventful year for me and I aim to carry on the momentum," he said.
Jackichand also said that head Coach Stephen Constantine has set specific responsibilities on the players and they will give their best on the field.
"We are training very hard. The coach has set up specific responsibilities and we need to stick to it. We will give our best on the field," he said.
Jeje said though there were big names in Oman squad, the home players were ready to execute coach Stephen Constantine's instructions.
"Yeah, there are big names in the Oman squad and they may be experienced. But we are there to execute our instructions," Jeje said.

"It's pertinent to have the right guidance. I'm lucky to be coached by someone like Stephen Constantine. His support is helping me come into my groove faster. I need to thank him for all the confidence he has shown in me. I need to pay him back," he said.

J.A.

Militants
Ronaldo - Rivaldo

Kaka

Zidane - Seedorf - Keane

Maldini - Pallister - Stam - Thuram

Schmeichel

My dream team last 20 years.

J.A.

Militants
One Real Madrid.

One Barcelona

Two Juventus

Three Milan

Four Man United

In my dream team.

:laugh: :cool3:

J.A.

Militants
About 1990-2005 this eleven. Thuram all time best defensive right-back. He can play offensive also like Neville and Cafu but best in defensive. World Cup championz 1998 with France and Euro glory 2000 with France with the gold medalj. Maldini was great 1994-2006 with Italy.

J.A.

Militants
1c945e39ebe046634ef3897188ff0d39.png

Formation is no correkt. Maybe Rooney - Martial in topp then Depay and Valencia or C.Ronaldo at flank then central midfielder is right and defensive line up will be Shaw, Blind, Smalling, Darmian and De Gea goalkeeper.

Four englismen in eleven like 1994-1999 with Pallister, Scholes, Sheringham and Beckham.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
In a first, Mumbai's Andheri Sports Complex to host international football match between India, Puerto Rico

For the first-time ever an international football match is set to take stage in Mumbai in the coming days. The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) is organising the city's maiden soccer match featuring the national football team and a South American team at the Shahaji Raje Krida Sankul— Andheri Sports Complex.

According to officials, the match will be played at the newly decked up football stadium at the civic-run complex. It will feature the Indian football team pitted against the national soccer team of Puerto Rico.

"Preparations are in full swing for the match, which is been scheduled to be held on September 3 or 5. The final date is yet to be decided," a senior BMC official told dna.

He added that the international football is been organised by the civic body along with the Mumbai district football association, which has spearheaded the entire planning of the mega sports event.

The idea of holding the match came up in January when BMC sent a report to the Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA), the international governing body of association football, futsal and beach soccer.

"In November of last year, a FIFA representative had inspected the football stadium at the sports complex. Post the visit of their official, FIFA had tendered a list of necessities which were a must for the stadium," the official said, while adding that the civic body had swung into action based on the list.

In a matter of six months the BMC installed improved floodlights, renovated dressing rooms, decked up the tunnel for players' entry and organised their accommodation. "We (BMC) also laid new grass on the playing field, which was especially imported from Indonesia," informed the officer. The civic body is also revamping the audience seating gallery with plans to construct special sections and enclosures for VIPs.

The civic body, which used to rent out the stadium for various socio-cultural event including Mumbai Police functions, religious events and even marriages, has now decided to reserve the stadium premise only for sports. The new and much-needed attitude of the civic body towards the utilisation of sports ground has also ensured a new revenue model.

The decked up stadium and premises has caught the eye of the Indian Super League, which has also shown interest in staging matches.

"There is also talk of organising the FIFA under-17 World Cup at the stadium. However, the decision on that note is still pending with FIFA, which has given its approval for the India versus Puerto Rico match," said the officer.

On Wednesday, a meeting on the scheduled football match and a review of the work done at the stadium was held in the chambers of Additional Municipal Commissioner Sanjay Deshmukh, who remained unavailable to comment on the subject, even after repeated attempts to contact.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Watching it live sitting in my balcony with pair of binoculars and enjoying cool breeze.

Syd

Country flag
Hi Everyone,

I saw recently that India (the land of my forefathers) beat Kenya (the land of my birth) by 3-0. I am surprised that there is so little comment on the forthcoming 2018 World cup in Russia where England (the land I live in) will be represented.

As you can see, I have divided loyalties but the first two teams mentioned are not represented at the World Cup, I am supporting England though the expectation is that they are not going to win the tournament. Who will? My guss is that it will be one of Germany, France, Brazil or Argentina.

Anyway, India has risen in the FIFA rankings to something like 93rd. Three years ago, they were about 130, so the football authorities in India are doing something right. Russia and Saudi Arabia are currently the lowest rated (by FIFA) teams in the World Cup, currently in the 70s, so it is conceivable that India could qualify next time. I am told that India qualified for the first World Cup but did not partake for financial reasons (in the 1930s).

Anyway I would be happy to hear about the state of football in India and the views of fans on the upcoming World Cup.

Syd

bhramos

Country flag
Mexico hitting Germany like

captscooby81

Country flag
So for WC2018 is going just normal nothing spectacular apart from the Poor trashing of Saudis by Russian in first match and the 3-3 draw between Real Madrid Vs Athletico Madrid and the stunning 1-0 Win of Mexico over German ..Rest all games are not adrenaline pumping ones ..But the team to watch is this little snow capped volcano filled island nation called Iceland

iceland.jpg

bhramos

Country flag
The most beautiful Russian soccer fan girls
Post Pagination

That's why I love the World Cup

bhramos

Country flag
2018 FIFA World Cup Russia - HOT Sexy beautiful girls football Fans u will see

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads