The first Aegis is on Vayag

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
yes,yes...china couldn't has this or that,coz this is such a failed country...

but I have to correct something simple:

the ancient looking antenna in the fore-aft position, that is the long range search radar--Type 517A for EW
A long range search radar is for EW. If it was truly an AEGIS type system, your 4 phased arrays would act as both EW and target engagement radars. First clue you know it isn't AEGIS.

the two encased radars that are underneath it, those are tracking/engagement radars for port and starboard positions--not radar but for satellite communications
ROFLs! Satellite antennas aren't that big silly.

See #4, those little things are broadcast/receive SATCOMM antennas. Infact, none of the communication signals antennas are that big. Definitely housing radars.

you miss 2 other radars(maybe you know nothing) Type 347G(for main gun) and SR64(target acquisition radar of CIWS).
CIWS has its own target acquisition radar mount, see the conical thing on top, that is what they are.

the main tracking radar is the large globe above the bridge which covers the frontal hemisphere--guide radar for long range ASM YJ62
Large dome on top used for ASMs. That is not the dome over the bridge.

Again, if it was AEGIS it wouldn't need a separate surface search radar. The search and FC would be tied into the phased arrays.

those propaganda--Type 346 or H/LJG346 (AESA) target acquisition and missile guide for SAM HHQ9.--google it you might get to know...
The evidence is in front of your face...

Last edited:

pyromaniac

Founding Member
The Chinese probably managed to hack/steal some data on the AEGIS system. As it stands, they already have tanks that are very close clones of the early version of the M-1 Abrams, and planes that are very similar to the F-16 falcon. So its not entirely unrealistic to assume that the Chinese may have a lot more American technologies in the "bag"

However, the thing in the picture is probably just a very cleverly shaped water slide or something....

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
The Chinese probably managed to hack/steal some data on the AEGIS system. As it stands, they already have tanks that are very close clones of the early version of the M-1 Abrams, and planes that are very similar to the F-16 falcon. So its not entirely unrealistic to assume that the Chinese may have a lot more American technologies in the "bag"

However, the thing in the picture is probably just a very cleverly shaped water slide or something....
I think you mean naval systems close to Soviet Rif, tanks close to Soviet T-72, and planes similar to Soviet Flankers. Chinese don't have access to these American technologies, what they do have access to is the last Soviet equipment and they try copying it to its maximum.

shiphone

Country flag
A long range search radar is for EW. If it was truly an AEGIS type system, your 4 phased arrays would act as both EW and target engagement radars. First clue you know it isn't AEGIS.
I don't think and never said the System on 052C was AEGIS type...and AEGIS is not the only type of shipborne air defence sys.at first I'm just trying tell you the phased arrays radar is AESA not PESA. and Type 346's Power Consumption and heat are huge. that's why an old style Tpye 517A was there.

ROFLs! Satellite antennas aren't that big silly.

See #4, those little things are broadcast/receive SATCOMM antennas. Infact, none of the communication signals antennas are that big. Definitely housing radars.
sorry, I have to say china is not as advanced as USA...we couldn't made everything that fine.

CIWS has its own target acquisition radar mount, see the conical thing on top, that is what they are.

Large dome on top used for ASMs. That is not the dome over the bridge.

the 2 'ears' of Rabbit 730 are fire control and Optical Monitoring mounts.

what you show is SR64 radar. part of CIWS 730 system . this pic is 054A which has 730s too.

the dome over the bridge is for the long range surface search and ASM guide.

Again, if it was AEGIS it wouldn't need a separate surface search radar. The search and FC would be tied into the phased arrays.

The evidence is in front of your face...
I have to admit that I know native vesseles much better than foreign ones. and I think it might be same to you. and I know the first poster might use the word 'chinese Divine Shield' instead of ' AEGIS' which was translated from the chinese nickrname.

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I don't think and never said the System on 052C was AEGIS type...and AEGIS is not the only type of shipborne air defence sys.at first I'm just trying tell you the phased arrays radar is AESA not PESA. and Type 346's Power Consumption and heat are huge. that's why an old style Tpye 517A was there.
You never agreed until now that it wasn't AEGIS which is what this whole discussion is about. I can guarantee you that if there really are phased arrays in those panels they are not AESA. The 052C SAM system is based on the HQ-9 which uses PESA radars. They would be PESA arrays if anything. Based on the old 2D radar mast on the fore-aft position and the several target acquisition radars located across the ship, I dare say those arrays would be redundant which is why it can be concluded they are empty.

sorry, I have to say china is not as advanced as USA...we couldn't made everything that fine.
Those little antennas are SATCOMM antennas from the mid-ninties on an old Halifax ship. Surely China has reached that level of outdated technology.

the 2 'ears' of Rabbit 730 are fire control and Optical Monitoring mounts.
Fire control is a radar guy, a target radar to be exact. Its the same on the Thales Goalkeeper, considering it is an exact ripoff of our system.

what you show is SR64 radar. part of CIWS 730 system . this pic is 054A which has 730s too.

the dome over the bridge is for the long range surface search and ASM guide.
The top dome is the SR-64. Its placed on top so it can get the highest elevation to run its search pattern to detect incoming ASMs and surface vessels over the horizon. The piece over the bridge is a target acquisition radar, a much larger version of the 730 if you scroll up the picture I posted of that conical piece over it. You will find this mounted on the back of Slava cruisers but here it is mounted over the bridge. If you look at the 051C you will notice this piece over the bridge is missing, that is because the phased array on the back of that ship acts as the tracking radar.

I have to admit that I know native vesseles much better than foreign ones. and I think it might be same to you. and I know the first poster might not use the word 'chinese Divine Shell ' instead of ' AEGIS' which was translated from the chinese nickrname.
I know Western vessels but I also know Russian systems as well. China emulates whatever it can get it hands on so I know what to look for.

shiphone

Country flag
Those little antennas are SATCOMM antennas from the mid-ninties on an old Halifax ship. Surely China has reached that level of outdated technology.
sorry , chinese failed you as you said it's a failure country ... and you may try to find the origin on a british ship. not the new T45, the older ones...

dear chinese military expert,tell me what is this? and this one, not the Goalkeeper, might be the origin of H/PJ12 730CIWS(by the way ,730 means the H/PJ12 CIWS, not the radar--please stop using what I told you to persuade me ),
and my correction : on the top of 730 are fire control radar and Optical Monitoring mount.

the changing of 730. first two are prototype . it seem the copy is not that easy.
The top dome is the SR-64. Its placed on top so it can get the highest elevation to run its search pattern to detect incoming ASMs and surface vessels over the horizon. The piece over the bridge is a target acquisition radar, a much larger version of the 730 if you scroll up the picture I posted of that conical piece over it. You will find this mounted on the back of Slava cruisers but here it is mounted over the bridge. If you look at the 051C you will notice this piece over the bridge is missing, that is because the phased array on the back of that ship acts as the tracking radar.
it seems that you can tell something like Model or Type of chinese things now. but SR64 is a model for export, normally we called it Type 364 on chinese navy ship. why not google SR64 , you may find what it is for and the pics of poster on exhibition.

this is what it looks like nside the dome on the top. it is a small radar, short range and for detecting incoming ASMs, but not over the horizon as you announced . by the way you can find the downgrade version SR60 on F22P Frigate. when you have a look where it is on that ship, you may understand what it is for.

051c? so which dome is missing?
-------------------
One have to learn to walk before run...I won't deny many copycat actions in chinsese weapon development,but not everything. it is more fair to accept this view.

HQ9 is not totally the same as HHQ9, and Type 346 and the radar on KJ2000 are AESA or not. let the time to tell. by that time I might be able to show more detail here.Actually putting a large size AESA on a ship or big plane is not that big deal now...but developing a small fine one for a fighter is really challenging...

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Lets see, what is worth my time replying to...

You can post all the pictures of the 730 you want, it doesn't change the fact it is target acquisition radar. The conical dome placed over it is to protect it from the sea elements, just as the large domes are placed over the other antennas. Underneath the large domes are more radar antennas.

As far the SR-64, it is irrelevant what you call it for export or not. Its purpose will have it placed at the upper most elevation for its intended use, simple logic.

If you look at the picture of the 052C that you posted and look above the dome on the bridge you will find your target acquisition radar for the HHQ-9. You will also notice that on the 051C that carries the Russian Rif that this antenna is not present.

How many times do I have to explain it? Depends on how stubborn you are to the truth.

Last edited:

shiphone

Country flag
after I mentioned some term of the radar of weapon systerm of 052c destroy, you would begin to use it in your reply to pretend that you know chinese system so well . but actually you don't know what this term stands for...

here is right a good example: when I mentioned 730(nickname of ciws,30 mm, seven-barrel Gatling-type rotary canno),in your next reply you would say:
The piece over the bridge is a target acquisition radar, a much larger version of the 730 if you scroll up the picture I posted of that conical piece over it. You will find this mounted on the back of Slava cruisers but here it is mounted over the bridge.
large version of '730'? what's that? LOL

I told you the SR64 radar ,and quickly in your reply you show me a pic of the back mast of 054A frigate which is the first pic in google imagine with the key word 'SR64'.

it seems that my time is wasted.
-------------------------------------------
ing. Based on the old 2D radar mast on the fore-aft position and the several target acquisition radars located across the ship, I dare say those arrays would be redundant which is why it can be concluded they are empty.
sorry, chinese disappointed you again.

Last edited:

badguy2000

Respected Member
after I mentioned some term of the radar of weapon systerm of 052c destroy, you would begin to use it in your reply to pretend that you know chinese system so well . but actually you don't know what this term stands for...

here is right a good example: when I mentioned 730(nickname of ciws,30 mm, seven-barrel Gatling-type rotary canno),in your next reply you would say:

large version of '730'? what's that? LOL

I told you the SR64 radar ,and quickly in your reply you show me a pic of the back mast of 054A frigate which is the first pic in google imagine with the key word 'SR64'.

it seems that my time is wasted.
-------------------------------------------

you are wasting your time to persude MR. Armand,who is the chief bearish officer against China here. His duty is to bearish China . Once , there was a MR Vilamidir who always bearished CHina. After MR. Vlamdier vanished, MR. Armand appeared strangely and took the place of MR. Vlamdir soon. ahaha.

Country flag
Many people are not convinced because after China conducted it's moon walk,mid course interception and other things they hyped all over the world when proof was asked for China could not provide it.

badguy2000

Respected Member
Many people are not convinced because after China conducted it's moon walk,mid course interception and other things they hyped all over the world when proof was asked for China could not provide it.
well, it is that many people here are still not used to world conducted by CHina

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Wow, thats great. It looks nothing like the CPMIEC HT-233 which is what HHQ-9 would have installed.

How many fakes are you Chinese going to keep posting? It was bad enough when you faked the spacewalk...

Last edited:

shiphone

Country flag
why not show your professional knowledge? dear expert... the FC radar of HQ9 was upgrated. Quoting a outdated pic with a long name of model from an indian blog doesn't mean you know it... in some sort of pretentious again...

the real radar in service.

--------------------
faked space walk? long time not hearing this rubbish...but I also know many were suspecting the Moon landing as well. that's ok...I do hope you were right this time...as I know,chinese would make another 3 faked TV shows in space (not space walk) within the next two years if no delay. those would be great chance for you to find out how shameless chinese are by making fakes one after one... I totally aglee with you, dear french man

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
why not show your professional knowledge? dear expert... the FC radar of HQ9 was upgrated. Quoting a outdated pic with a long name of model from an indian blog doesn't mean you know it... pretending again...

the real radar in service.

You never cease to amase me. Thats the same radar I posted in a different camo scheme with the arrays covered on a different truck bed.

Same radars from APA, same place you got those pictures.

http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-PLA-IADS-Radars.html#mozTocId64472

nimo_cn

Country flag
We hyped all over the world?

There is only one one-sentence report about the mid course interception test from CCP. CCP doesn't bother convincing you to believe China has conducted a mid coursece interceptioon test. On the contrary, CCP would rather keep it silent and no one knows it has done that, if it is possible.

How many pages of report will there be if there is a similar test conducted by India? I bet there will be more than 1000 pages just before the test being conducted, 1000 pages when it is being conducted and another 1000 pages after it fails.

shiphone

Country flag
Thats the same radar I posted in a different camo scheme with the arrays covered on a different truck bed.
would you pleas have a look at both pics again? camo scheme and truck bed are not the point

redar was changing in development ,so did the hq9 system..from Hq9 to Hhq9,or hhq9 to hq9, many things had been or had to be changed.

so things could change...but not your mind... that's obviouse...

1.satellite communication antenna
2. the relation between Tpye 364(SR64) radar and 730 guns and what are those two on the 730 guns. the origin of this Ciws system.
3.long range surface searching and ASM guide radar( missing domes on 051C? )
4.large version of 730?
5.empty and missing type 346 radar under cooling shields.

I won't deny your rcih knowledge about western and russian military tech as you said,but I'm afraid you have a lot to learn about chinese...I'm not going to prove how great or advanced these things are(actually they are not, many chinese military fans would accept this view) but tell what they are and what they are for. I don't think one could make a correct comment even before he knows what it is...

Last edited:

sandeepdg

Instead of just ranting and complaining in your posts, try posting something useful enough for everyone to read and discuss, Timmyboy !!!

sandeepdg

We hyped all over the world?

There is only one one-sentence report about the mid course interception test from CCP. CCP doesn't bother convincing you to believe China has conducted a mid coursece interceptioon test. On the contrary, CCP would rather keep it silent and no one knows it has done that, if it is possible.

How many pages of report will there be if there is a similar test conducted by India? I bet there will be more than 1000 pages just before the test being conducted, 1000 pages when it is being conducted and another 1000 pages after it fails.
Obviously there will be many pages of report, as being a free society, we share news about our achievements and failures with our people and the world unlike your country !!! Anyway, we haven't embarked on our second moon mission i.e. CHANDRAYAAN -2 as yet, its due in 2011, whether it fails or not can't be speculated by your comments !! Chandrayaan 1 was a success as it achieved 95% of the mission parameters and it was certified by all international agencies like NASA and ESA unlike your programs which are closed to international scrutiny and hence there's no way of knowing if you are just bull-shitting about achievements, pal !!

Global Defence

New threads

Articles