The Coming Collapse of China

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Vietnam is not world
That is true.

But Vietnam, though a small nation, is a very gutsy nation that can take on the world!

They have proved repeatedly in the past and I am sure they will do so in the future too!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Vietnam is not world
That is true.

But Vietnam, though a small nation, is a very gutsy nation that can take on the world!

They have proved repeatedly in the past and I am sure they will do so in the future too!

redragon

Country flag
That is true.

Always supported by larger powers, USA, USSR and China. Yes, very gutsy

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
China isn't going to collapse, but it will fall back to reality with a major banking crisis and large unemployment. If CCP can hold it together through the social unrest is the million dollar question. It isn't a country like Argentina that can transition so easy.

redragon

Country flag
Like in the China Vietnam War?
Sure, it was USSR. And the whole war was fought in Vietnam.

When Vietnam beat up France, It was China

When Vietnam beat up USA, It was China and USSR

All these war fought only within Vietnam's border

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Sure, it was USSR. And the whole war was fought in Vietnam.

When Vietnam beat up France, It was China

When Vietnam beat up USA, It was China and USSR

All these war fought only within Vietnam's border
You seem to have convenient amnesia.

The Sino–Vietnamese War (Vietnamese: Chiến tranh biên giá»›i Việt-Trung), also known as the Third Indochina War, known in the PRC as Chinese: 对越自卫反击战; pinyin: duì yuè zìwèi fÇŽnjÄ« zhàn; literally "Defensive Counterattack against Vietnam" and in Vietnam as Chiến tranh chống bành trÆ°á»›ng Trung Hoa (War against Chinese expansionism).

The war was fought in 1979,

Which big power was involved?

redragon

Country flag
You seem to have convenient amnesia.

The Sino–Vietnamese War (Vietnamese: Chiến tranh biên giá»›i Việt-Trung), also known as the Third Indochina War, known in the PRC as Chinese: 对越自卫反击战; pinyin: duì yuè zìwèi fÇŽnjÄ« zhàn; literally "Defensive Counterattack against Vietnam" and in Vietnam as Chiến tranh chống bành trÆ°á»›ng Trung Hoa (War against Chinese expansionism).

The war was fought in 1979,

Which big power was involved?
USSR, check the weapon and other hardwares they used, even the foods they ate
And the fact that all these wars fought in Vietnam, showed the price regulare vietnamese paid for their government trying to use larger power to promote it's own agenda. Hopfully, the gov won't make the people suffered again

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
China: Banking crisis looms

Government debt soars to 'European' levels following massive stimulus programme

China Worker

kickok1975

If 2 recessions in last 10 years seem not enough to you, then let China collapse, or maybe let Euro collapse as well which is at much higher possibility. When everyone is in recession or depression, the world might be more "peaceful" like it did in 1914 and 1939.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
And the fact that all these wars fought in Vietnam, showed the price regulare vietnamese paid for their government trying to use larger power to promote it's own agenda. Hopfully, the gov won't make the people suffered again
Another falsehood to cover up!

Any Russians around?

Why be disingenuous?

Christ! That way you will say that India fought wars with others help since we have weapons that we do not manufacture ourselves!

Read about the Viet Cong to realise that Vietnamese can exist on their own produce and in fact, Russian food would make them sick!

Go tell your fairy tales elsewhere!

If you go back in history, they also kicked the Chinese out!

And the Chinese are trying to say that a large part of the Vietnamese population is Chinese when in fact, a large part of the South China population is Vietnamese forcibly told to call themselves as Hans!

Last edited:

ice berg

Any Russians around?

Read about the Viet Cong to realise that Vietnamese can exist on their own produce and in fact, Russian food would make them sick!

And the Chinese are trying to say that a large part of the Vietnamese population is Chinese when in fact, a large part of the South China population is Vietnamese forcibly told to call themselves as Hans!
Eh, close to two million chinese soldiers were stationed near the soviet border in case of their involvment. In comparison how many did they send to Vietnam? You missed this little detail. The war was never about Vietnam, but about USSR and US. Try to educate yourself first.

What weapons did they produce exactly?

Source?

redragon

Country flag
Another falsehood to cover up!

Any Russians around?

Why be disingenuous?

Christ! That way you will say that India fought wars with others help since we have weapons that we do not manufacture ourselves!

Go tell your fairy tales elsewhere!

If you go back in history, they also kicked the Chinese out!

You purchased weapons and in most cases in high price, VS Vietnam was subsidized by larger power.
China retreated by itself, just like what it did after 1962, and more important, the war was fought on vietnam land, go ask vietnamese what is that mean to them.
Your last claim is a straight lie, I am not going to discuss on that.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
lol

Infact usa gave china military hardware to help them against vietnam and they still lost :rofl:

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
No they are not. The Yue Chinese (Cantonese) of South China are more ethnically and culturally related to the Han Chinese of North China than the Vietnamese. Since the fall of Kaifeng in the 12th century to the Jin and the subsequent relocation of the Song capital to Hangzhou, South China has been the main center of Chinese civilization. It was also since this time that mass migrations of Han from North to South began and I believe most Chinese in South China cannot trace their family history farther back than the 12th century due to this.

Vietnam was under the Chinese cultural sphere for a very long time. In fact the the present name "Vietnam" derives itself from "Nan-Yue" or "Nam-Viet", which was a South Chinese kingdom established by a Qin dynasty general in the 3rd century B.C.E.

The modern Vietnamese identity developed after the collapse of the Tang Dynasty and the assertion of Vietnamese independence by the Ngo dynasty in the 10th century. Vietnam's geographic distance from the main Chinese political centers in North China helped in this respect. Over the next eight centuries the Vietnamese would slowly expand their nation to their current boundaries while at the same time forging a distinct ethno-cultural identity due to their political separateness from China proper and their intermingling with the Cham peoples (Malays) of South Vietnam. During the entire time from the 10th to the 18th centuries Vietnam was an independent entity, except for a brief period of Ming dominance in the 15th century. By the 19th century there were very clear differences between the Vietnamese and the South Chinese.

mylegend

No they are not. The Yue Chinese (Cantonese) of South China are more ethnically and culturally related to the Han Chinese of North China than the Vietnamese. Since the fall of Kaifeng in the 12th century to the Jin and the subsequent relocation of the Song capital to Hangzhou, South China has been the main center of Chinese civilization. It was also since this time that mass migrations of Han from North to South began and I believe most Chinese in South China cannot trace their family history farther back than the 12th century due to this.

Vietnam was under the Chinese cultural sphere for a very long time. In fact the the present name "Vietnam" derives itself from "Nan-Yue" or "Nam-Viet", which was a South Chinese kingdom established by a Qin dynasty general in the 3rd century B.C.E.

The modern Vietnamese identity developed after the collapse of the Tang Dynasty and the assertion of Vietnamese independence by the Ngo dynasty in the 10th century. Vietnam's geographic distance from the main Chinese political centers in North China helped in this respect. Over the next eight centuries the Vietnamese would slowly expand their nation to their current boundaries while at the same time forging a distinct ethno-cultural identity due to their political separateness from China proper and their intermingling with the Cham peoples (Malays) of South Vietnam. During the entire time from the 10th to the 18th centuries Vietnam was an independent entity, except for a brief period of Ming dominance in the 15th century. By the 19th century there were very clear differences between the Vietnamese and the South Chinese.
My family is from the Chauzhou region of Guangdong province, according to the family tree book from villiage's family temple(build by main families of villiage). The family tree book detaily account the main tree of family up to 10-12th century(I don't remember exact century, but is some where near it). It shows our extended family(thousands of people...) was all orginated from families moved from Henan province in the North China. My ancestor move to Guangdong in 12-14th century(I don't remember exact century, but is some where near it). The reason maybe multiple, maybe they are political prisoner exile to the south, maybe they tries to escape from famine or war.

Last edited:

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Many Hakkas (K'ochia) in Guangdong, Taiwan, and southern Fujian are originally from Henan province. They say that their dialect is the closest to the Old Chinese language, but I don't know if this claim is accurate or not.

Both Sun Yat-sen and Deng Xiaoping were Hakkas, I believe.

no smoking

Country flag
Many Hakkas (K'ochia) in Guangdong, Taiwan, and southern Fujian are originally from Henan province. They say that their dialect is the closest to the Old Chinese language, but I don't know if this claim is accurate or not.

Both Sun Yat-sen and Deng Xiaoping were Hakkas, I believe.
No, Deng was not. He was from Cichuan.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles