The Coming Collapse of China

Bhartiya

Tihar Jail
Banned
It certainly would. But it would be India's opportunity to take the helm in Asia, don't you think?
India already has, so does china... the problem is we didnt have enough chance for expansion (which is happening now, better late than never)

Blackwater

Don't say that yaar. In Pakistaniyo ka kya hoga? unka in chiniyo ke elawa koi aur nahi ha is zalim duniya me:sad::sad::sad::lol::lol:

cir

Gordan Chang again?

After so many years, the guy still can't let it go and bears a grudge against a tiny incident that was no one's fault but all his own making?

Funny bloke.

China will grow between 8.5-9.0% in 2012, with nominal dollar GDP up by about 18% to $9.2 trillion using year-end market exchange rates.

Including HK, Macau and Taiwan, the greater China area will reap a combined GDP in 2012 of $10 trillion.

Wishing everyone a happy and prosperous New Year!!!

Bhartiya

Tihar Jail
Banned
It's none of our business if China rises or collapses, its better if we focus on our own development... Even of China rises/falls it would Not make much difference to our own country:namaste:

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
When China falls, it will be everyone's business.

Tianshan

Who is this Cassandra?
greek mythology.

she was cursed by the gods so that she could see the future, but that no one would ever believe her. her predictions always came true.

which is the opposite of gordon chang. his predictions are always wrong without fail (2006/2008/2011 etc), and a lot of people do believe him.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
China will not collapse.

Only a pack of cards collapses.

mylegend

Another thing worth mentioning, according to Boston Consulting Group's report Made in America, Again, "Although China accounted for 19.8 percent of Global manufacturing value added in 2010, the U.S. still accounted for 19.4 percent-a share that has decline only slightly over the past three decades."

The report also mentions that the annual increase of 10% productivity in China cannot compensate the pace of wage increases. See exhibit B in the report. I post a link of the report below, it is actually a very interesting research report. Search the wordproductivity in the PDF document, you will find the data I mentioned. This PDF does not allow copy and paste, so apparently they do not want me to copy and paste passages. So I will not copy the passage and reposted here.

You can read it yourself, very interesting article that indicate China is losing competitive advantage in manufacturing sectors.

However, does it make sense for a nation that have more than triple of the India industrial output to fail?

http://www.bcg.com/documents/file84471.pdf

Last edited:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Regardless of Mr. Chang's predictions I don't think China will collapse. Even Argentina did not collapse when it defaulted. But I believe China's growth will significantly slow down bringing confusion to the carefully laid out plans of the CCP.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I don't think one should take these predictions seriously.

Most like to make them to be sensational and hence get attention.

The way China is going, it sure would not be as comfortable as before, when it was a free run and a soar.

But collapse?

That borders fantasy!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles