The Chinese Are Coming - Americas

nimo_cn

Country flag
I didn't expect someone to post this, I have downloaded this documentary and watched it a month ago. I don't know how many of you finished this, but I do, and I have watched it for several times, especially the interview of the three times Puitzer Prize winner Thomas Friedman at the end of the second episode, where he explained why he thinks America should stay powerful.

Here I quote his exact words,

"if we go weak, your kids won't just grow up in a different America, they will grow up in a different world. And it is a world where somebody else will be setting a lot of the rules and dictating a lot of, you know, who does what, where and how. But I know what world I would want my kids to grow up in, and it is a world where there is a strong America counterbalancing a strong and thriving China, not one where you have a strong and rising China and an America that is at war with itself, uncertain, weak and really unable to project power, economically and militarily, the way it historically did".

And I am gonna rephrase his words to explain why I think China should grow powerful.

"if we don't go strong, your kids won't just grow up in a same China, they will grow up in a same world. And it is a world where somebody else will be setting a lot of the rules and dictating a lot of, you know, who does what, where and how, just like they are doing now. But I know what world I would want my kids to grow up in, and it is a world where there is a strong China counterbalancing a strong America, not one where you have a strong America and a weak China that is humiliated and bullied again and again, the way it used to be".

You can download the full HD version of "The Chinese are coming" here.

episode 1

ed2k://|file|BBC.中国人要来了.第一集.BBC.The.Chinese.Are.Coming.E01.Chi_Eng.HR-HDTV.AC3.1024X576.x264-YYeTs人人影视.mkv|617748845|FBD34B68240D1F4C955A406B67BDA169|/|/

episode 2

ed2k://|file|BBC.中国人要来了.第二集.BBC.The.Chinese.Are.Coming.E02.Chi_Eng.HR-HDTV.AC3.1024X576.x264-YYeTs人人影视V2.mkv|604942036|AB91A25F21F7A036D178DCAE77658070|/|/

Last edited:

BangersAndMash

^^^

Why didnt u expect someone to post this here? Anyways, have u seen the other one - "The Chinese are coming - Africa"?

And your links don't work!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Seconds out of the ring.....Boxers.....

Gong!

Box on!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
^^^

Why didnt u expect someone to post this here? Anyways, have u seen the other one - "The Chinese are coming - Africa"?

Must have posted from Inner Mongolia.

They have cut out the Internet, the riot police are out and Senior Communist leaders from Beijing have been sent to quell the riots and unrest.

BBC News - Inner Mongolia Under Heavy Security

BBC News - China's Inner Mongolia 'under heavy security'

BangersAndMash

They have cut out the Internet, the riot police are out and Senior Communist leaders from Beijing have been sent to quell the riots and unrest.

A thread should be opened on this! Article says - only 20% of the 25 million inner Mongolia population are Mongolians, 80% are Hans Chinese!

badguy2000

Respected Member
A thread should be opened on this! Article says - only 20% of the 25 million inner Mongolia population are Mongolians, 80% are Hans Chinese!
guy,
less than 5% population of Indiana are Native Indians.....
only less 5% population of Australia are native aboriginal Australia and 90% of them are offspring of Europeans.
you didn't know it until just now?

BangersAndMash

guy,
less than 5% population of Indiana are Native Indians.....
only less 5% population of Australia are native aboriginal Australia and 90% of them are offspring of Europeans.
you didn't know it until just now?
guy, provide some sources to back up your claims! I just did a quick google check & your figures are wrong! Anyways, 2 wrongs make a right?

nimo_cn

Country flag
^^^

I just didn't, but thanks for sharing it with us.

I have watched the episode 1 " The Chinese are coming - Africa", in which a business man who is from China Qingdao (the city I happen to be living in) and selling motorcycle in Africa is interviewed. BCC tried really hard to depict Chinese as the bad guy, though most of them are just doing legal business there.

You need to install an emule downloading software to make the links work.

nimo_cn

Country flag

If I was in Inner Mongolia where the internet was cut out as you suggested, how could I manage to post it in the first place?

And learn something about internet, old man, if the links I provided work or not has nothing to do with the location where I posted them.

nimo_cn

Country flag
People are free to move to any place in China, Mongolians are also living in regions outside Inner Mongolia.

badguy2000

Respected Member
guy, provide some sources to back up your claims! I just did a quick google check & your figures are wrong! Anyways, 2 wrongs make a right?
the more exact data is here......

As of 2010, there were 6,483,802 people residing in the state. The population density was 181.0 persons per square mile. The racial makeup of the state was 84.3% White, 9.1% African American, 1.6% Asian, 2.0% from a biracial or multiracial background and 0.3% Native American. Hispanic or Latino of any race made up 6.0% of the population.[59] The Hispanic population is Indiana's fastest growing minority.[60] In the state, 24.9% of the population are under the age of 18, 6.9% are under the age of five and 12.8% are 65 years of age or older.[59] The median age is 36.4 years.[60] In 2005, 77.7% of Indiana residents lived in metropolitan counties, 16.5% lived in micropolitan counties and 5.9% lived in non-core counties.[61]

Indiana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles