The China vs. India News War

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
The China vs. India News War | The Diplomat

The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) is campaigning against Indian newspapers – which form the world's largest newspaper market outside China, and combine with hundreds of hypercompetitive news channels. The campaign is driven by the belief in Beijing that it is the media that has emerged as the segment of Indian civil society most hostile towards China.
May explain Chinese campaign against India here on DFI.

Yes, I believe it is an organized campaign.

aerokan

Country flag
The China vs. India News War | The Diplomat

May explain Chinese campaign against India here on DFI.

Yes, I believe it is an organized campaign.
In a country with free press, news will eventually have to reflect the ground realities. If China wants to end the negative news against China, it simply has to stop the bullying and cunning practices it follow. Everything will fall in place automatically. But then again, expecting China to be rational and on the good side is too much to expect. It blames West for everything that happens in the day and then does the same if not worse by the night. They got so accustomed to this game of lies that they actually start believing they are on the right side!!

ice berg

In a country with free press, news will eventually have to reflect the ground realities. If China wants to end the negative news against China, it simply has to stop the bullying and cunning practices it follow. Everything will fall in place automatically. But then again, expecting China to be rational and on the good side is too much to expect. It blames West for everything that happens in the day and then does the same if not worse by the night. They got so accustomed to this game of lies that they actually start believing they are on the right side!!
You are a naive chap, aint you. The News outlets are responsible to the stakeholders, mainly the owners and readers. "Ground realities" are only a matter of perception. A story can be spinned in many ways. One will think someone who daily been bombed with sensational news in India will know this.

ice berg

P.S I tend to stay away from such sensational/conspiracy titles. But know DFIs fondness for such things, I will leave this to your chaps, Have fun!

kseeker

Retired
P.S I tend to stay away from such sensational/conspiracy titles. But know DFIs fondness for such things, I will leave this to your chaps, Have fun!
You shouldn't have replied on this thread at the first place :taunt:

drkrn

You are a naive chap, aint you. The News outlets are responsible to the stakeholders, mainly the owners and readers. "Ground realities" are only a matter of perception. A story can be spinned in many ways. One will think someone who daily been bombed with sensational news in India will know this.
you deserve a chinese counterfeited putlizer prize for this....

ground reality is amatter of perception!!! oh god.its more or less how one expresses it.

aerokan

Country flag
Read what i wrote again. "In a country with free press, news will eventually have to reflect the ground realities". I was referring to India for this statement if you didn't get it.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Please enlighten me as to how China could hurt India via a (comparatively tiny) online forum.

Also - organized?
My point is rather that several Chinese posters attempt to disrupt DFI, not that doing so hurts India. I would hope that DFI is a useful resource to Indian military people, and will continue to be so.

If Chinese posters are not actually organized, most have an extremely monolithic point of view, i.e "The Party Line."

aerokan

Country flag
Please enlighten me as to how China could hurt India via a (comparatively tiny) online forum.

Also - organized?
It's like asking "How would a single gun cripple the mighty Indian army?" while supplying guns to Pakis.
Or saying "How would one comparatively tiny policy document made of paper can create a war?"

Do you understand the fallacy/guise of your logic now?

In an information war-fare, you attack all source of information. Can China unblock one single site like google/gmail from it's firewall because "What can one site do to the great down-from-heaven CCP firewall?"

One error can be called a mistake made out of ignorance, twice it is coincidence but repeated use of similar logic can be considered as "enemy action".
The Chinese members use similar logic to twist and manipulate the arguments again and again in a repeatable fashion in a uniformed fashion. Even a supposedly rational member like you is no exception to this policy of dirty tricks. You just proved what Ewald said in the opening statements.

Impluseblade

Your argument is absurd. This is the China sub-forum in DFI, a place full of China bashing articles and has nothing to do with India military news. You can just go to other sub forums and simply skip the China forum.

But you are not doing that. You started to recycle old China bashing articles and try to provoke other Chinese members. What's your purpose actually? Instead of accusing others being a part of organized activity, what is your motivation?

My point is rather that several Chinese posters attempt to disrupt DFI, not that doing so hurts India. I would hope that DFI is a useful resource to Indian military people, and will continue to be so.

If Chinese posters are not actually organized, most have an extremely monolithic point of view, i.e "The Party Line."

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Your argument is absurd. This is the China sub-forum in DFI, a place full of China bashing articles and has nothing to do with India military news. You can just go to other sub forums and simply skip the China forum.

But you are not doing that. You started to recycle old China bashing articles and try to provoke other Chinese members. What's your purpose actually? Instead of accusing others being a part of organized activity, what is your motivation?
My comments are meant to apply to you guys in whatever sub-forum you post in.

My motivation is to speak against the advocates of a totalitarian society which is what China is.

In a forum administered by private Indian persons, you can speak out. If India was like China, you could not.

None of my posts on China are recycled articles, although the issues discussed may be well established .. the issues you wish to deny.

aerokan

Country flag

The article is dated Sept 29, 2013. I leave the rest to your wisdom.

t_co

My comments are meant to apply to you guys in whatever sub-forum you post in.
Ad hominem at its utmost.

My motivation is to speak against the advocates of a totalitarian society which is what China is.

You can't argue everyone who refuses to subscribe to an anti-China is an advocate of totalitarianism, since a) not subscribing to an anti-China viewpoint does not mean wholeheartedly endorsing China's current system of governance and b) China is not a totalitarian society

Totalitarianism or totalitarian state is a term used by some political scientists to describe a political system in which the state holds total authority over the society and seeks to control all aspects of public and private life wherever possible.
In a forum administered by private Indian persons, you can speak out. If India was like China, you could not.
On the contrary, in China, you could. You should check out the posts on CJDBY sometime - you might be surprised.

None of my posts on China are recycled articles, although the issues discussed may be well established .. the issues you wish to deny.
Nobody is trying to deny the issues you bring up. Instead, what we've all observed is that you have a tendency to only bring up one side of whatever China-centric issue is at hand.

t_co

Are you so short sighted? Why don't you check the dates of the other articles he posted recently?
What's more, the topics he brings up are all topics that have been published again and again - and yet he wants to keep them front and center, forever.

It's almost as if W.G.Ewald is terrified that Indians, god forbid, would ever start thinking of China as something other than an eternal threat and fundamentally despotic, evil country that must be subdued for their own safety.

He's the real Goebbels on this site.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Ad hominem at its utmost.

You can't argue everyone who refuses to subscribe to an anti-China is an advocate of totalitarianism, since a) not subscribing to an anti-China viewpoint does not mean wholeheartedly endorsing China's current system of governance and b) China is not a totalitarian society

On the contrary, in China, you could. You should check out the posts on CJDBY sometime - you might be surprised.

Nobody is trying to deny the issues you bring up. Instead, what we've all observed is that you have a tendency to only bring up one side of whatever China-centric issue is at hand.
Shall we return to the subject?

More from the article:

Sino-Indian relations have been strained since a 21-day face-off in April-May, after a unit of the People's Liberation Army (PLA) camped 10-km across the Line of Actual Control in a disputed stretch of Ladakh. Now Chinese officials and diplomats tasked with spinning Indian media are sweating. Unable to come to grips with the role of a free, market-driven press, they have turned to some of the tactics used to gag their own Party-run media with suggestions that Indian media outlets report positive news and reject the example of Western media. As Indian news channels now regularly feature border reports with headlines such as "China's soft invasion," the CCP reaction is noteworthy for what it says about Chinese diplomacy toward India.

Chinese demands that India regulate media coverage of the bilateral relationship are not new. Srikanth Kondapalli, a New Delhi-based professor of Chinese studies traces them as far back as 1976 during talks to normalize Sino-Indian relations, and again after India's nuclear test in 1998. However, Beijing's media strategy, which combines soft power outreach and aggressive editorials against the Indian news industry, has become more evident since a worsening of bilateral ties from 2008.

It's effectiveness is questionable. As many as 83 percent of Indians in a 2013 Lowy Institute poll named China as a security threat second only to Pakistan. The Pew Research Center last year found "only a third of urban Indians have a favorable view of China," compared to about a quarter of Chinese with favorable views of India. Anti-China distrust is on the rise in India for reasons that include a growing 40 per cent bilateral trade deficit, widespread and mutual unawareness and the unpredictability of Chinese actions. New Delhi and Beijing have sparred in the last five years over new disputes from Tibet to Pakistan to Kashmir, from remote mountain paths to busy sea lanes, but perhaps the single largest source of Indian public distrust comes from a surge in reports of Chinese border incursions and aggressive patrols.
As for CJDBY, I am ignorant of Chinese writing.

超级大本营军事论坛-最具影响力军事论坛 -

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles