The Brave Warrior - Prithviraj Chauhan - 1149-1192 AD

shinoj

Tihar Jail
Banned
Really the Point is in Medivial History we neither had Videos or Photos or enough Reliable facts. Even Wikipedia is based on loose Assumptions and Historians rely on Foreign sources who will try to Write History with a Bias. I had enough of this so called- British Education system produced Historians.

As much as Those so called Historians should be relied upon Chand Bardoi should also be relied Upon. Its just which side of your Fence you are.

I find to reason to falsify PrithviRaso other than you think those Foreign Historians are superior than the Indian Ones. That again is a Propoganda.

shinoj

Tihar Jail
Banned
Capturing and sparing somebody when the Conquered is Begging for Mercy is a Khatriya Tradition. And Ghauri like a Dog begged for his Life and Prithvi Spared him. Prithvi was little bit unrealistic in sparing the Dog more than Once. Other than that He is as Brave as they come and one of the bravest and strongest Warriors we Had. I have no Doubt. The Foreign Historians can take a Hike.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Still no link to the book.I am waiting for it.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Really the Point is in Medivial History we neither had Videos or Photos or enough Reliable facts. Even Wikipedia is based on loose Assumptions and Historians rely on Foreign sources who will try to Write History with a Bias. I had enough of this so called- British Education system produced Historians.

As much as Those so called Historians should be relied upon Chand Bardoi should also be relied Upon. Its just which side of your Fence you are.

I find to reason to falsify PrithviRaso other than you think those Foreign Historians are superior than the Indian Ones. That again is a Propoganda.
I do belive in Prithviraj being a brave warrior but I dont believe he was foolish.

Last edited:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Too much personal attacks by you on me(or would I call that people`s elbows :laugh:).Well mate I am not falsifying history.Why dont you read a few decent history books?Also please do quote me a historical book where it says Prithviraj left Ghori alive 16 times.I would really like to read that book.(the wikipedia page has issues so please dont quote that)
Hope you give me a link to that book.:wave:
Now when you can't counter you are crying to the so called "personal attacks" which is not there but fabricated by yourself.You can go to the real rock aka Dwayne Johnson and ask for "peoples elbow" since you have asked for it many times.:lol:

Even if PC left Gauri alive even once is a BIG BLUNDER.Now all your rants of "show me links" is simply nullified. :lol: :wave:

This is the issue with Indians ie. always doing Gandhigiri and expecting same from the enemies like Moguls who were simply ruthless.Then they claim how brave those FOOLISH warriors were.

Read Post 63 at least 10 times since you do show lack of comprehension of the whole issue... and good luck with the "PC was so brave and India is so proud of him" :wave::wave:

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Now when you can't counter you are crying to the so called "personal attacks" which is not there but fabricated by yourself.You can go to the real rock aka Dwayne Johnson and ask for "peoples elbow" since you have asked for it many times.:lol:

Even if PC left Gauri alive even once is a BIG BLUNDER.Now all your rants of "show me links" is simply nullified. :lol: :wave:

This is the issue with Indians ie. always doing Gandhigiri and expecting same from the enemies like Moguls who were simply ruthless.Then they claim how brave those FOOLISH warriors were.

Read Post 63 at least 10 times since you do show lack of comprehension of the whole issue... and good luck with the "PC was so brave and India is so proud of him" :wave::wave:
Ok you can believe PC was foolish while I will believe PC was brave.Look mate cool down and do not get angry.What I was trying to say was since we have very few credible sources some historians have suggested that the coward Ghori had fled from the 1st battle of Tarain as he had been injured.Now it could be also that he had not fled but had been captured.Neither of us was watching a live stream of the battle on youtube so we do not know the real truth.If Prithviraj had indeed pardoned Ghori he was indeed foolish.Of course being foolish does not rule out Prithviraj was a brave warrior.The fact that he pardoned Ghori even ONCE is also disputed.However I will not go into that.Love or hate him he will remain an important figure in Indian history.Its up to you to judge him as a brave warrior or a foolish king.End of discussion.

Last edited:

Simple_Guy

You guys are discussing Prithviraj Raso, but have you heard of Bisaldev Raso?

Bisaldev was an ancestor of Prithviraj who fought against Mahmud of Ghazni.

Narapati Nalha, wrote a poem called Bisaldev Raso, in 2,000 verses. This poem narrates the life of the king but makes no mention of the mlechcha invasions of Mahmud Ghaznavi. While the inscription of Bisaldev claims victory over these mlechchas.

Would you believe the king's own inscription or the poem? In the poem Narpati claims to be the court poet of Bisaldev who ruled Ajmer in 1001 AD, but how could he not know about the invasions?? Obviously the poem was written much later.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Ok you can believe PC was foolish while I will believe PC was brave.Look mate cool down and do not get angry.What I was trying to say was since we have very few credible sources some historians have suggested that the coward Ghori had fled from the 1st battle of Tarain as he had been injured.Now it could be also that he had not fled but had been captured.Neither of us was watching a live stream of the battle on youtube so we do not know the real truth.If Prithviraj had indeed pardoned Ghori he was indeed foolish.Of course being foolish does not rule out Prithviraj was a brave warrior.The fact that he pardoned Ghori even ONCE is also disputed.However I will not go into that.Love or hate him he will remain an important figure in Indian history.Its up to you to judge him as a brave warrior or a foolish king.End of discussion.
Look you guys ... why blame Prithviraj Chauhan....

In Indian diplomacy ... there is something called Prithviraj syndrome....

India has been afflicted by that typical Hindu syndrome in dealing with the decedents (at least they claim that loudly) of Ghori and Gazani even in modern times..

In 1948, 1965, 1971 and even after Kargil Indians simply let go Pakistan.

Had Nehru allowed Army to take over entire Kashmir, we would not have had POK ??
Had Indira settled borders with Pakistan having 90,000 POW arrested in India, the problems of border with Pakistan would have been over.
Had India taken and captured POK in 1971 after liberation of Bangladesh (as some claim was the intention of Indira Gandhi who buckled under US pressure not to do so - as per CIA archives made public) - the problem would have been sorted out..

Had Bajpai allowed IA to cross over LC in J&K during Kargil, the Pakistani bluff of Nuclear strike would have been exposed.

Had Bajpai allowed Indian Army to cross over the borders during Parakram , the story of the subcontinent would be different ...

In this context why only curse Prithviraj ..... he did it long back..

your rulers are doing it even today...

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag

Simple_Guy

In this context why only curse Prithviraj ..... he did it long back..
He did not. He defeated and threw out the enemy.....and he was ruler of only Rajasthan,

Modern rulers control all of India, so they have no excuse.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
He did not. He defeated and threw out the enemy.....and he was ruler of only Rajasthan,

Modern rulers control all of India, so they have no excuse.
I agree...

in the context, it is important to know what the rulers used to do at that time....

What did Prithviraj do to others who attacked his territory..

What other rulers did to enemy in the battle or when enemies attacked their territory..

Hindu ideas on warfare, statecraft and ethics were vastly different than the Jihadist Tukish invaders..

The tactics and practice of mass murders, scorching the earth, killings, plunder, taking slaves and conversion is described only in respect of Ashoka during kalinga war and not other major rulers and kingdoms. Destruction of masses or their forced conversion never resulted as an aftermath of the wars.

Neither Mahabharat nor Ramayana describe it in any form. Chanyakya's Arthshastrs advocates all kinds of dubious methods to be adopted to win over the neighbouring kingdom but not trouble to the population. It does not advocate and describe anywhere the kind of military methods adopted by Turks and Muslim invaders ... strike terror by all means - the fundamental military strategy advocated by Quran against kafirs. (Still being followed by Pakistan)

Prithviraj Chauhan was fighting according to his understanding and Ghori according to his. Not understanding the enemy was his biggest mistake. The same mistakes were committed by Nehru in not understanding the Chinese. Unfortunately, the deceit and terrorism of Ghory prevailed opening up flood gates of two thousand years terror heaped upon India... and its masses. Two thousand years destruction of every thing.

Nehru also suffered from the same mistakes resulting in a national dishonour.

Last edited:

Simple_Guy

I don't agree. Prithviraj did not shirk from any battle, but the modern rulers do. And they have the best army.

So they suffer from "Ranjit Singh syndrome". Despite having a good army, Ranjit Singh chickened out from fighting the British and signed a treaty with them. Just like Nehru.

Simple_Guy

Just imagine if Prithviraj had signed treaty with Ghori, like Ranjit Singh did, agreeing to be his ally and giving up land upto Delhi.

Then just like Punjab was conquered by British, Rajasthan would have been conquered by the Muslims. But unlike Ranjit, Prithviraj fought like a lion, and his example was followed by his descendants so that Rajasthan remained free of Muslim rule.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Just imagine if Prithviraj had signed treaty with Ghori, like Ranjit Singh did, agreeing to be his ally and giving up land upto Delhi.

Then just like Punjab was conquered by British, Rajasthan would have been conquered by the Muslims. But unlike Ranjit, Prithviraj fought like a lion, and his example was followed by his descendants so that Rajasthan remained free of Muslim rule.

The duty of the ruler is ensure that hardship and miseries are not brought upon his subjects unnecessarily. That is the first principle of Rajdharma.

Fighting for the sake of fighting is not Rajdharma. Fighting for protection of dharma is Rajdharma.

Avoiding war at acceptable terms is raj dharma. Fighting war for the destruction of state is adharma.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag

Except for Rana Pratap of Mewar, (he also had at times) all rulers of Rajasthan had treaties with Muslim lords of Delhi and their states were as good as Mogul territories.

Simple_Guy

Nonsense. They fought battle after battle with them. (Ghori was not mogul. They came 400 years later)

Signing treaty means giving up land, forts, cities. There is nothing to show that any part of Rajasthan was ever given up in a treaty. The invaders only captured these places over the dead bodies of the brave......and even these were lost to newer generations of warriors. the never say die spirit of the Rajputs.

Last edited:

shinoj

Tihar Jail
Banned
The duty of the ruler is ensure that hardship and miseries are not brought upon his subjects unnecessarily. That is the first principle of Rajdharma.

Fighting for the sake of fighting is not Rajdharma. Fighting for protection of dharma is Rajdharma.

Avoiding war at acceptable terms is raj dharma. Fighting war for the destruction of state is adharma.

That is Loads of NonSense. The Duty of a Ruler is to protect his Kingdom from the enemies. Either he builds up his army so that it can fight formidably against any Army or he dies out Fighting. You cannot compromise with an Enemy.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
That is Loads of NonSense. The Duty of a Ruler is to protect his Kingdom from the enemies. Either he builds up his army so that it can fight formidably against any Army or he dies out Fighting. You cannot compromise with an Enemy.

That is close ended ruling style..

shinoj

Tihar Jail
Banned
Prithvi raj Chauhan made a deadly mistake
But even TODAY some Indians suffer from the Prithviraj Chauhan Syndrome

Withdrawal from Siachen – a manifestation of Prithviraj Chauhan syndrome! » Indian Defence Review

I quite agree with it. Can Anybody tell me when was the last time Pakis not Backstabbed Us, engaged in Foul Play,acted like Dogs and the list go on.

They are of that Gauri Breed and nothing but ruthlessness in dealing with them would suffice.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles