The Beginning of the End of CCP?

trackwhack

Wukan protest village goes to polls - Telegraph

Remember the fishing village that protested last month? Well, here is the consequence

For the thousands who gathered on a warm sunny day in Wukan it was the first time they had ever seen a ballot paper.
Until now, this southern Chinese fishing village has chosen its leaders behind closed doors, allowing a small elite to rule for decades, and, the villagers complained, hugely enrich themselves.
Then, last month, the village rose up, threw out the local Communist party and withstood a police siege.
Now Wukan is being held up as a model for how China can reform the often corrupt village governance that has been a major cause of unrest in recent years.
The local Communist party may even be using Wukan as a pilot case: the village's leaders said it had footed "most of" a 300,000 yuan (£30,000) bill to hold three sets of elections.
The first poll took place on Wednesday, in the village school, and, despite a small scuffle at the beginning over access for Hong Kong journalists, unfolded smoothly.
Orderly queues formed as villagers negotiated a complicated three-step voting procedure, designed to lend an air of gravitas to the proceedings.
The vote was to elect an eleven-man committee to organise the main election in March, but for most of the participants it was the symbolism of the event, rather than its purpose, that counted.
"We had to make a big thing, a big show, out of it to underline its importance and to guarantee that it was all fair and transparent," said Yang Semao, one of the chief organisers.
"Wukan has been in the dark for so many years; its elections always manipulated. It is the first time we have done this so we want to do a good job," he added. In the past few days, several academics and students have also arrived in Wukan, partly to observe the proceedings, and partly to offer advice to the villagers.
Large numbers of officials from the local government, including a contingent of police and a team of plain-clothes security officers, were on site and Mr Yang diplomatically praised them for helping to organise the event. While the village was excited about its day of democracy, it remains firmly loyal to the leadership of the Party.
"This is very meaningful," said Chen Liangshan, 61, who used to work in one of the village's temples. "I have already got the list of people I will vote for in my mind. I am glad to get the chance to choose people who will actually do something. This is the first time we have ever seen a ballot and we are excited about it."
Mr Chen filled in his ballot, a sheet of A4 paper, at a table covered by a bright red tablecloth and deposited it in one of seven shiny aluminium ballot boxes. According to an official press release, he was one of 7688 eligible voters, with 1043 voting by proxy.
Another voter, 32-year-old Wang Huibing, said he hoped the new village administration would pay him the disability benefit that he has never yet been able to claim and would improve the village's medical facilities. "We do not ask for much, and I am not sure what the outcome of this election will be, but I suppose it will be more fair and open."
Meanwhile, Zhang Shuimei, 55, one of the 35 candidates in Wednesday's vote, said he would work hard, if elected, to keep Wukan on a path to transparency and fairness.
"I have never seen a ballot until now, only government officials have had a say and they could appoint anyone they wanted without listening to anyone," he said.
But, he warned, there was still much uncertainty in the village. "We do not know what benefits the elections will bring because the previous regime is still making great efforts to win over villagers to its side and that could be trouble."
The village leaders said the results of the poll would be announced on Thursday, but that no celebration has yet been planned.

Im calling time on CCP. 2015-16 will see the end.

Last edited:

nimo_cn

Country flag
The collapse of CPC shall come when it does good to China. Anyway, no one really wishes CPC to be immortal except CPC itself.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
These things happen in China.

But then, it does not mean the end of the Chinese Communist hold over China!

trackwhack

Do you want a bet?
Would love to sir. But a friendly one as I am not sure there will be any way we can exchange material benefit.

To other Chinese friends - I dont hate the Chinese, I only hate the CCP, not for some moral high stand like an American in terms of human rights and all that. But simply because of CCP foreign policy.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
Even if it comes to end they will revive their organization on the same line as Russia has done. Power is an addiction and being humans it is impossible that they will fade into oblivion. What matters most how the regime reforms her attitude towards her neighbouring countries? Whether it remains as a communism or grows into a democratic nation remains to be seen. I personally do not see China turning into a democratic nation in the near future. Besides the communism there is x-factor of triad gangs who control large portion of economic activity. Let us assume for the argument sake that CCP will roll over in the next two to three years, Do you rethink the Triad Gangs will give up the grip on their revenues from illegal activities? It is too early to write off the CCP.

Reactions: Ray

cir

The CCP will remain in power at least till China's GDP is twice as large as the US'.

A democratically elected government will then be compelled to take back the lands that are currently occupied by India.

I for one will vote for whoever who promises to regain what is rightfully ours. :thumb:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
CCP, to my mind, will not roll over and play dead.

As SADAKHUSH has said it will resurrect in a new avatar and it will be business as usual.

So, why bother wishing that the CCP collapses?

It won't!

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
The CCP will remain in power at least till China's GDP is twice as large as the US'.

A democratically elected government will then be compelled to take back the lands that are currently occupied by India.

I for one will vote for whoever who promises to regain what is rightfully ours. :thumb:
Why only vote you should try your luck being elected so that you can implement the worst nightmare for your citizens. Can you help me understand how long and what kind of medicine is required to debrief individuals like you that world has moved on and it is about time that instead of expansion by force, we are thinking of forcing you out of all the occupied lands which was never your, is not and will not be your in the future.

no smoking

Country flag
Would love to sir. But a friendly one as I am not sure there will be any way we can exchange material benefit.

I am just kidding. The reason that I don't think CCP won't collapse very soon is that it sill enjoys the support of majority of chineses, domestically. What may confirm this is that its popularity amongh overseas chineses is growing dramatically.

To other Chinese friends - I dont hate the Chinese, I only hate the CCP, not for some moral high stand like an American in terms of human rights and all that. But simply because of CCP foreign policy.
Here, my friend, is where you get things wrong. It is not CCP's foreign policy, it is China's foreign policy which reflects China's national interest. If you have a further look, you will find that another China on taiwan - ROC have an exactly same stance as PRC: the dispute area between China and india should belong to CHINA. So, no matter CCP collapse or not, this foreign policy will be carried on.

I am not saying you are wrong and we are right. The point is: each side looks at the issue from their own perspective.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Are you trying to suggest that when, hypothetically speaking, KMT takes over Communist China, they will wage war and take over all lands everywhere which China thinks are theirs?

The CCP won't try it because they are peaceloving and all that?

What exactly is rightfully yours?

Which part of China does your ancestors come from?

Maybe we can tell you if you are a genuine Chinese or one of those assimilated barbarians whose land the Hans took by force?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I am just kidding. The reason that I don't think CCP won't collapse very soon is that it sill enjoys the support of majority of chineses, domestically. What may confirm this is that its popularity amongh overseas chineses is growing dramatically.
You maybe right that the overseas Chinese are getting fond of China.

However, the dichotomy that arises is that if that be so, then why are the Chinese, who have made it good in China, leaving China for foreign lands?

This is a genuine question since the two ideas do not add up!

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag

The richer Chinese get the more freedom they want. CCP couldn't last a 30 trillion GDP. Good news for Chicom lovers is GDP will never surpass USA in nominal terms, not until CCP is gone anyway. It is already 25% overcapacity in every sector so much of its current GDP is faked.

no smoking

Country flag
You maybe right that the overseas Chinese are getting fond of China.

However, the dichotomy that arises is that if that be so, then why are the Chinese, who have made it good in China, leaving China for foreign lands?

This is a genuine question since the two ideas do not add up!
Well, Sir, comparing to the competition in china, the work experience in Western is like a long holiday.

In China, in order to move yourselves up the career ladder, you have to do the following thing:

preparing for long time overtime work at any time and don't expect much compensation for that;
learn new skills and knowledge as much as you can in your spare time, although you may not need it now, but you may need it in the future;
you must be ready for packing up and leaving your office as your boss may just think your position need a better candicate: both you and him know there are thousands people out there waiting for your position;
If you have a family, then congratulations, you find yourselves a second job: you have to plan a best future for your kid which means you have to send him or her to at least 4 courses every week, from music to sports, math, english, etc;

Sir, as an indian, you may not understand what a tremendous pressure can be brought to everyone when the whole chinese society is chasing a single target: more money! It is not something that CCP imposes on us, it is the desire from the bottom of our mind.

When a friend came to me consulting the life in Australia, his only concern is:"Do i need to do a lot overtime work over there?"

So, in most of case, the immigration is not about politics, it is always about pressure or money.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
I think a fully democratic country is in everyone's interest. Its because democracies rarely(if at all) go to war with each others:). There is actually a theory regarding this. Just go search for "Democratic Peace Theory" in google or wiki. One of the main reasons will be that the cost of such misadventures is usually very high to justify them, since the democracies(fully established) are inherently strong by themselves:). So if it falls under a fully democratic regime, who knows I(just like many indians) wont have to hate china or chinese anymore. Feel free to disagree.
Take the western europe for instance:). France and britain or france and germany had been historical enemies for centuries he not millenia. But now they are strong allies:):). Feel free to disagree:).

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
The disintegration of China is in the interest of the world. If a third world war indeed occurs, am sure the capitalists, would not spare the communists and use the opportunity to annihilate communism from the face of the earth.

Param

The disintegration of China is in the interest of the world. If a third world war indeed occurs, am sure the capitalists, would not spare the communists and use the opportunity to annihilate communism from the face of the earth.
The problem is global capitalists are in bed with Communists in China.

no smoking

Country flag
Don't need to worry that far. After a third world war, probably the whole world doesn't exist any more.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles