The Atheism/Agnosticism Thread

Discussion in 'Religion & Culture' started by The Messiah, Oct 10, 2011.

?

Do you think God exists?

1. Yes,Absolutely.

38.4%
  2. No,it's a human creation

31.6%
  3. 'May' be or 'May' be not

22.1%
  4. I am not concerned with the existence/non-existence of God'

7.9%
  1. Advaidhya Tiwari

Advaidhya Tiwari Senior Member Senior Member

Wah, excellent logic. You ask questions and you yourself answer it like a retard! The name of the Brahman astrologer who predicted exactly about Siddhartha becoming buddha without second option of becoming a great king is Kaundinya

You can however read Horashastras in search of your hoors. And then describe how Jyotishya has Greek romance instead of talking to the point

2. S.A.T.A

S.A.T.A Senior Member Senior Member

So now we have a new character called 'kaundinya', this is better than sitcom. I suppose it would be too bothersome to as you to provide the source of this information (I'm still waiting for source for the first one). Who says history is boring when it is embellished with so much vivid imagination...

3. Advaidhya Tiwari

New character as demanded by you. Maybe you are too retarded to know the difference between something you demanded vs something I am telling on my own? If you were really interested in Kaundinya, probably you would have googled it by now and obtained the information. Or are you asking me to paste some copyrighted content of source book on this website?

Anyways, it is indeed too tiresome as you seem to be a person with low IQ and don't seen to have basic common sense to have a logical conversation with. Comparing a sitcom with history shows your level of degeneracy and hence it doesn't make sense to discuss anything with you.

4. S.A.T.A

S.A.T.A Senior Member Senior Member

So you won't be Indulging us with any proof then?.... I really was hoping to be enlightened...

5. Advaidhya Tiwari

I can't give proofs for your sitcom entertainment. You might as well watch some BIG BANG theory instead of wasting time here. Your level is suited only for that

6. Vijyes

Vijyes Senior Member Senior Member

Read about Vedangas. Jyotishya is a Vedanga. Horoscope is a written document that has the time of birth and the relevant celestial positions. There is hardly anything special about horoscope other than that it is written document

7. Vijyes

Even Muhammad has said his followers to not worship him. Even his image or photo was banned by himself. That is why there ia no image of Muhammad anywhere. But still it is a cult. Muhammad stated that God is something that is unthinkable, beyond vision and other senses of man. Buddhism, comparing to this standard, is very similar. Hence, Buddhism is a cult. Buddhism is non-violent and not a death cult, but it is a cult nevertheless.

Gurukulas had one teacher but he gave primary education to the students about all the basics of life, how yo talk, how to fight, how to stitch clothes, how to choose between choices of life etc. It was comprehensive basic education in Gurukulas.

After Gurukulas, children could go to higher education in Takshashila, temples etc. India, sice ancient times, had temples of Shiva and Sun temples where universities existed. The Gurukulas would prepare children for further studies by strengthening foundational basics. Many who were not interested in studies would end their studies after Gurukulas but those interested and capable would continue into Universities.

Takshashila was not buddhist by any means. Takshashila existed for 5000 years whereas Buddhism only came after 500BC as Buddha himself was born in 570-580 BC. Buddhists only had viharas and not universities. All universities were founded by Brahmans, though some eventually also included Buddhist studies. Nalanda, for example, was founded by Brahmans under Gupta empire but eventually became hub of Buddhism as demand for Buddhist studies increased.

Overall, in buddhism, there is no education as it is just following Buddha's words. Just saying the same thing again and again is not helpful in education. Hence, Buddhism resulted in decline of education, not improvement of education

8. Chatrapathi

Chatrapathi Regular Member

:rofl:
    Pedophile poppet was UN-EDUCATED looter,terrorist,rapist,murderer and so on.Where as Gauthama was HIGHLY EDUCATED BORN PRINCE, who left his kingdom to seek the truth.

There is talk that quran is written after 400 years poppet died.... what ever, he claims 'GOD TOLD HIM THROUGH GABRIEL'.. fake cock&bull story

More than 90% universities were started by Buddhist kings/monasteries .... Brahmins r doing the same thing from 5000 years ''chanting Sanskrit mantras in-front of idols'', nothing else.

Don't gloat about 'one teacher house' it is just a dummy play school nothing else.

9. Vijyes

Talking of Buddhist kings opening schools is a joke as school existed before 500BC, which is before buddha. There has been Ayurveda (Charaka, Sushrutha), astrology (Buddha's future was predicted by asttologers) even before Buddha.

Brahmans were after knowledge. There was never idol worshipping. Did you hear dronacharya, Parashuram worshipping idols? Idols were started by buddhist people who started getting Buddha's artifacts as souvenir. This turned into idol worshipping.

Brahmans were scientists whereas Buddhist monks simply follow one man's words. How can entire world run by one man's words?

I agree that buddha didn't intend to make a religion. But the Buddhists became fanatical and started it themselves like a chain reaction. So, Buddha was completely different from Muhammad. Nevertheless, buddhism is still a cult,not logical way of life.