The Atheism/Agnosticism Thread

Do you think God exists?

• Total voters

chetan chopade

Dude, stop being mental and randomly questioning about god. The definition of god varies. Your words seem to be more directed against Abrahamic concept of god rather than Dharmic concept of Brahmanda
justify "hunger, disease and crime" w.r.t. "Dharmic concept of Brahmanda"

chetan chopade

let me guess... "law of karma", right?

if thats true...where/when did original/first negative karma come from?

Advaidhya Tiwari

justify "hunger, disease and crime" w.r.t. "Dharmic concept of Brahmanda"
I have explained what is dharma in the same thread in an argument with @Indx TechStyle . Also, you are trying to look at your suffering as wrong. This is your problem. Unless you know why things are this way, what is the origin, source of creation and what is the driving force that created this universe you can't answer all the questions.

It is best to say 'I don't know' in cases where the knowledge of reality is not sufficient to explain. This is also a situation where I am not aware of the reason for the way reality is as it is now and hence I can't answer.

chetan chopade

I have explained what is dharma in the same thread in an argument with @Indx TechStyle . Also, you are trying to look at your suffering as wrong. This is your problem. Unless you know why things are this way, what is the origin, source of creation and what is the driving force that created this universe you can't answer all the questions.

It is best to say 'I don't know' in cases where the knowledge of reality is not sufficient to explain. This is also a situation where I am not aware of the reason for the way reality is as it is now and hence I can't answer.
no sir,
when i see suffering, i dont see 'how can we justify this?' but i see 'there is no way it can happen if there is a god who is all powerful'...

few weeks ago there was a news "newborn baby decapitated during birth when trainee doctors pulled his/her head too hard"...

how can this happen if there is any kind of god by any definition?

Advaidhya Tiwari

no sir,
when i see suffering, i dont see 'how can we justify this?' but i see 'there is no way it can happen if there is a god who is all powerful'...

few weeks ago there was a news "newborn baby decapitated during birth when trainee doctors pulled his/her head too hard"...

Why do you think God is kind? Also why do you think that god is separate from life forms? There may be a force which is beyond our sense but is omnipresent and links all materials with each other and that force may be god. There may be more than one force too.

You are mistaking god to be someone who exists to help you and ensure that you don't suffer. That is just your assumption. When people get desperate and find that the situation is against them despite no fault of their own, they tend to expect some higher power to help them. But this is just their imagination.

You don't even know what is god and what is god's jurisdiction, intention etc. By your definition, lions which eat its prey sometimes alive, must nit have been created at all. It is just your cowardice or desire to not suffer which makes you imagine these concepts. There is no evidence to suggest that this is the case with god/higher powers

chetan chopade

Why do you think God is kind? Also why do you think that god is separate from life forms? There may be a force which is beyond our sense but is omnipresent and links all materials with each other and that force may be god. There may be more than one force too.

You are mistaking god to be someone who exists to help you and ensure that you don't suffer. That is just your assumption. When people get desperate and find that the situation is against them despite no fault of their own, they tend to expect some higher power to help them. But this is just their imagination.

You don't even know what is god and what is god's jurisdiction, intention etc. By your definition, lions which eat its prey sometimes alive, must nit have been created at all. It is just your cowardice or desire to not suffer which makes you imagine these concepts. There is no evidence to suggest that this is the case with god/higher powers
sir, you are only playing with words...please educate me plain and simple...that baby i mentioned- does he/she deserved to die in such a horrible way? if yes then why? is there nothing god could do about it? if nothing could be done and god is not a person but some kind of force then that is similar to quantum physics...

it exists...we cant see or understand QP completely- QP does not punishes or rewards-QP "governs" everything...why do we need the concept of god anyway?

i believe "It is just your cowardice or desire to have father figure like god"

Advaidhya Tiwari

sir, you are only playing with words...please educate me plain and simple...that baby i mentioned- does he/she deserved to die in such a horrible way? if yes then why? is there nothing god could do about it? if nothing could be done and god is not a person but some kind of force then that is similar to quantum physics...

it exists...we cant see or understand QP completely- QP does not punishes or rewards-QP "governs" everything...why do we need the concept of god anyway?

i believe "It is just your cowardice or desire to have father figure like god"
Why are you differentiating god from science? Who told you that gid has to be something different? You have misconception.

About why the baby had to die, I can't know. What makes a person deserving or not is something I don't know. Do you know who killed USA president JF Kennedy? Just like that we may never be able to know why the baby didn't deserve to live

chetan chopade

Why are you differentiating god from science? Who told you that gid has to be something different? You have misconception.

About why the baby had to die, I can't know. What makes a person deserving or not is something I don't know. Do you know who killed USA president JF Kennedy? Just like that we may never be able to know why the baby didn't deserve to live
"we may never be able to know why the baby didn't deserve to live"?

thats sick bro...this is what religion does to sane people...become insane!

Advaidhya Tiwari

"we may never be able to know why the baby didn't deserve to live"?

thats sick bro...this is what religion does to sane people...become insane!
Who is insane? You are, who thinks that you can answer all questions. If you think you are so sane then tell me about how the universe was created. Who or what created it? From where did the raw material of creation or energy to create come from?

Your idea that you know everything is what is sickening. You don't even know why you are born or why you live. But you want to know why the baby deserved to die?

chetan chopade

universe was not "created"! it came into existence with the "big bang". since there was nothing before "big bang" the very question like "what happened before BB" or "who created the BB?" is not logical. but many such questions exist (universe or multiverse?+ why universe expands etc.) and science is "trying" to solve that question with experiments and proofs...faith teaches you to remain happy with only stories without proof!

religion claims to know everything, not science! why you are born/live is a simple biological Q but the purpose of life is not a science Q but philosophical question which is open for debate and answers could be different as per different human nature.

none of it...absolutely none... points to "necessity of God's concept". it is hard to swallow but there is nothing before birth and after death...so cherish your life while it is still there.

and please at least feel sorry for the parents of that baby if not for the poor baby who could not see this world...dont be such a cruel religion-man!

Advaidhya Tiwari

what happened before BB" or "who created the BB?
Actually that itself the most important question. From where did the energy come?

religion claims to know everything, not science! why you are born/live is a simple biological Q but the purpose of life is not a science Q but philosophical question which is open for debate and answers could be different as per different human nature
Again that is your religion. Dharma is science itself. No, why i live is not biology as the origin of biology and universe itself is for a purpose. That purpose has to be fulfilled. What is the purpose has to be found out. That is dharma teaching - to learn the truth.
The mental problem of know-it-all is based on Abrahamic cults which is based on revelation

none of it...absolutely none... points to "necessity of God's concept". it is hard to swallow but there is nothing before birth and after death...so cherish your life while it is still there.
How do you know that there is nothing or something before or after birth? What is there to be cherished? If you live only to die, why don't you commit suicide as that is the most efficient method?

The very will lacking in you to learn about things and find out about truth sows that you are a fanatic or a low IQ person who wants convenient answers

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Contemporary God whose idea is from Abrahamic civilization says that he should be an intelligent and alive being.
Eastern civilization doesn't necessitate that and rational philosophy invalidates his existence.
There are only particles are only particles and natural forces/phenomena which exist and responsible for everything in universe.

You can assign them with the name of "God" is your choice. The style of God we are told about, doesn't seem to have existence.

A large fraction of Indians is atheistic technically therefore.

Advaidhya Tiwari

Contemporary God whose idea is from Abrahamic civilization says that he should be an intelligent and alive being.
Eastern civilization doesn't necessitate that and rational philosophy invalidates his existence.
There are only particles are only particles and natural forces/phenomena which exist and responsible for everything in universe.

You can assign them with the name of "God" is your choice. The style of God we are told about, doesn't seem to have existence.

A large fraction of Indians is atheistic technically therefore.
Atheist is a wrong word. Pantheist may be the more appropriate.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Atheist is a wrong word. Pantheist may be the more appropriate.
There is no proper word for western philosophies in our culture and vice versa when we don't even have same definition of religion.

An atheist means irreligious in Europe or Middle East but same isn't true with India, China, Japan & Southeast Asia.

For them, religion is set of beliefs. For us, it's set of principles. Their understanding of life is governed by books while our lives are governed by our understandings.

Belief system vs Philosophy, mind the gap.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Personally I don't believe in Big Bang, it's a flawed theory.

Sourav Kumar

no sir,

Dear Seeker, I am the local self-appointed expert of R K Mission Views & Wisdom here :). Please find the answer from an all-renouncing monk of R K Mission:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
geoBR Atheism and Orthodoxy in Modern Russia General Multimedia 1
The3Amigos China auto thread China 332
JaguarWarrior Russian civil aviation thread Europe and Russia 44
JaguarWarrior Russia auto thread Europe and Russia 926