The Atheism/Agnosticism Thread

Do you think God exists?

• Total voters

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Swami Vivekananda could talk to goddess shakti.
:bs:
This is the man's most famous quote!
”আমি এত তপস্যা করে এই সার বুঝেছি যে, জীবে জীবে তার অধিষ্ঠান হয়ে আছেন; তাছাড়া ঈশ্বর-ফিশ্বর কিছুই আর নেই। জীবে প্রেম করে যেই জন সেই জন সেবিছে ঈশ্বর।"

NOT something who could "talk to goddess Shakti" would say...
I don't know where you got it, but even if he said something like that, he definitely didn't mean it literally!

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
And we still wonder why Britain or some other 'haughty, arrogant' country makes fun of us all the time?
I'm stil wondering.:lol:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Of_Pandas_and_People

May be to hide their retards. Like almighty dad created earth 6,000 years and many other bull$hits. Burning or burying people alive, witch hunting or lot things I could quote up here.
People living themselves in glass houses aren't supposed to throw stone at others.

It's enough.
Though, I posted an individual case to attack religion in India about that menstruation taboo, I will find 100 times more things to post about Abrahamic regions.
Britain or some other 'haughty, arrogant' country make fun of us
Others like?
Indian media isn't bothered about west and vice versa. UK's media is an exception and hence, has threads here for this good reason.
Irrelevant country lured by the past glory. The polluted every place with Christianity they went.

And keep UK out of this thread.
Let us put our own house in order first.
It should be applied to other side as well. In fact, we here only on DFI even bother about them. What happens there makes little difference on minds of India's people.

And I think you got me wrong. I'm not a secular, I'm an atheist. Not a western fanboy. All religions are bull$hit means all of them are.
I bash Hindus here coz they are getting moronic. That won't make muzzies & Christians any less moronic. Like women shouldn't drive cars coz their vagina vibrates (lol) or any christian's creationist garbage. Abrhams not only deceived people like Hindus to believe in magical creatures, they distorted science like no one.

Last edited:

Sourav Kumar

:bs:
This is the man's most famous quote!
”আমি এত তপস্যা করে এই সার বুঝেছি যে, জীবে জীবে তার অধিষ্ঠান হয়ে আছেন; তাছাড়া ঈশ্বর-ফিশ্বর কিছুই আর নেই। জীবে প্রেম করে যেই জন সেই জন সেবিছে ঈশ্বর।"

NOT something who could "talk to goddess Shakti" would say...
I don't know where you got it, but even if he said something like that, he definitely didn't mean it literally!
:nono:

Swami Vivekananda can not be understood from just one of his quotes. And his most famous quote btw is "Arise, Awake and Stop not till the goal is reached".

Swami Vivekananda could indeed talk to Mother Goddess. Even you and I can talk to Mother Goddess. The only difference is that in our case Mother Goddess might hear but not reply back. In Swamiji's case, Mother Goddess replied back! Please go through the Ramakrishna-Vivekananda literature on his pilgrimage to Amarnath-Kshirbhavani. There are youtube videos on the same but I do not remember if youtube videos covered everything. Once you cover those sources, you will get the reference.

Source:

Then Swamiji said that on the way back he returned to Srinagar by the common route by which the pilgrims return. A few days after returning to Srinagar, he went to visit Kshir Bhavani Devi and staying there for seven days worshipped the Devi and made Homa to her with offerings of Kshira (condensed milk). Every day he used to worship the Devi with a maund of Kshira as offering. One day, while worshipping, the thought arose in Swamiji's mind: "Mother Bhavani has been manifesting Her Presence here for untold years. The Mohammedans came and destroyed her temple, yet the people of the place did nothing to protect Her. Alas, if I were then living I could never have borne it silently." When, thinking in this strain, his mind was much oppressed with sorrow and anguish, he distinctly heard the voice of the Mother say - ing, "It was according to My desire that the Mohammedans destroyed this temple. It is My desire that I should live in a dilapidated temple, otherwise, can I not immediately erect a seven - storeyed temple of gold here if I like? What can you do? Shall I protect you or shall you protect me!" Swamiji said, "Since hearing that divine voice, I cherish no more plans. The idea of building Maths etc. I have given up; as Mother wills, so it will be." The disciple, speechless with wonder, began to think, "Did he not one day tell me that whatever I saw and heard was but the echo of the Atman within me, that there was nothing outside?"-- and fearlessly spoke it out also --"Sir, you used to say that Divine Voices are the echo of our inward thoughts and feelings." Swamiji gravely said, "Whether it be internal or external, if you actually hear with your ears such a disembodied voice, as I have done, can you deny it and call it false? Divine Voices are actually heard, just as you and I are talking."

https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/The_...nanda/Volume_7/Conversations_And_Dialogues/IV

Icarus

Country flag
I'm stil wondering.:lol:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Of_Pandas_and_People

May be to hide their retards. Like almighty dad created earth 6,000 years and many other bull$hits. Burning or burying people alive, witch hunting or lot things I could quote up here.
People living themselves in glass houses aren't supposed to throw stone at others.

It's enough.

Though, I posted an individual case to attack religion in India about that menstruation taboo, I will find 100 times more things to post about Abrahamic regions.

Others like?
Indian media isn't bothered about west and vice versa. UK's media is an exception and hence, has threads here for this good reason.
Irrelevant country lured by the past glory. The polluted every place with Christianity they went.

And keep UK out of this thread.

It should be applied to other side as well. In fact, we here only on DFI even bother about them. What happens there makes little difference on minds of India's people.

And I think you got me wrong. I'm not a secular, I'm an atheist. Not a western fanboy. All religions are bull$hit means all of them are.
I bash Hindus here coz they are getting moronic. That won't make muzzies & Christians any less moronic. Like women shouldn't drive cars coz their vagina vibrates (lol) or any christian's creationist garbage. Abrhams not only deceived people like Hindus to believe in magical creatures, they distorted science like no one.
We are talking about the 21st century, not the distant past. Forget about witch hunting and things that happened a long time ago. Today there are too many regressive elements in our society, whereas Britain has managed to become progressive. People say I want my city to be like London, no one ever says I want my city to be like Delhi. Maybe there is a lesson in this for us? You may laugh at their 'abrahamic' theology, but it doesn't change the fact that their society is progressing. Their theology says God is jealous, hateful etc., but still they are the ones with a great healthcare system. We may also praise our pluralistic culture, but again it doesn't change the fact that we are regressive. We say vasudaiva kutumbak (world is family), but we still discriminate based on caste. So what's the point in having great philosophy when society doesn't reflect that one bit?

Advaidhya Tiwari

We are talking about the 21st century, not the distant past. Forget about witch hunting and things that happened a long time ago. Today there are too many regressive elements in our society, whereas Britain has managed to become progressive. People say I want my city to be like London, no one ever says I want my city to be like Delhi. Maybe there is a lesson in this for us? You may laugh at their 'abrahamic' theology, but it doesn't change the fact that their society is progressing. Their theology says God is jealous, hateful etc., but still they are the ones with a great healthcare system. We may also praise our pluralistic culture, but again it doesn't change the fact that we are regressive. We say vasudaiva kutumbak (world is family), but we still discriminate based on caste. So what's the point in having great philosophy when society doesn't reflect that one bit?
That is all because europe was cullee by black death plague and caused Renaissance. Nevertheless, they are still running on deception and unsustainable process - by overexploiting natural resources. Only barbarians would want to be like the west

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
We are talking about the 21st century, not the distant past. Forget about witch hunting and things that happened a long time ago.
That's why I posted link Of Pandas and people. Ever mess up with a British Christian over atheism, you'll get me.
Today there are too many regressive elements in our society, whereas Britain has managed to become progressive. People say I want my city to be like London, no one ever says I want my city to be like Delhi. Maybe there is a lesson in this for us? You may laugh at their 'abrahamic' theology, but it doesn't change the fact that their society is progressing. We may also praise our pluralistic culture, but again it doesn't change the fact that we are regressive.
I'd better say their society has "progressed" (& declining now). European economies have stopped and African countries have got population growth rate more than GDP growth rate.

No one's denying that could impart one of best living standards in world to their citizens but that's because of liberalism not ideology.

And as far as Britain is concerned, its obsession with India isn't concerned with ideology. It's the issue of their hyper nationalism particularly due to their past glory which they have lost but still long for it.
They not only post nonsense news of even Indian weapons aimed at west (while Indians don't give a hoot about them) but always try to take credit of everyone's doing even by fake news.
England had its awesome era and no one's denying that but its more like a retired power now. Articles from their outlets trying to portray England at centre of world when its irrelevant (although I don't care) or now be it India bashing because India has been in news.

British media is interested in every single crime news not because its somehow concerned about India but because it still tries to actively run an agenda to feed their people.
There are far more worse places than India for human rights and towards religious fanaticism in developing world and when comes to crime rates, UK itself sucks.
So desperate that it even posts fake news, makes new narratives, always picks adversary's narratives & so on. Their media's highly biased and again, Indian media or don't care.
We only on DFI are here just talking about them.

British have developed an irrational & false ego by projection of their country in every issue while they aren't relevant. And that's the route cause of their problem.

Advaidhya Tiwari

No one's denying that could impart one of best living standards in world to their citizens but that's because of liberalism not ideology.
Was Britain Liberal in 1850? Britain is prospering because of technology progress and knowledge enhancement arising from Renaissance. But once others catch up, Britain will have nothing to offer and will collapse. Prospering in an unsustainable manner is called ponzi scheme, not prospering

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Was Britain Liberal in 1850? Britain is prospering because of technology progress and knowledge enhancement arising from Renaissance. But once others catch up, Britain will have nothing to offer and will collapse. Prospering in an unsustainable manner is called ponzi scheme, not prospering
Not everything but liberalism had a significant role in development and creation of soft image of west.
Liberalism is about assigning a high & equal degree of freedom to masses and as everyone can contribute, it secures more chances of economical & technological betterment. Providing basic freedom to citizens keeps them united too.

Today, a person living in India or Brazil is still better off than most caliphates.

Advaidhya Tiwari

Not everything but liberalism had a significant role in development and creation of soft image of west.
Liberalism is about assigning a high & equal degree of freedom to masses and as everyone can contribute, it secures more chances of economical & technological betterment. Providing basic freedom to citizens keeps them united too.
Liberalism is not the cause but renaissance is. When 50% of European population was wiped out by plague, european population got more rich and had surplus resources. This freed up time to think. Also, this caused anger against god for betrayal. This is not liberalism by any means. It is just natural resource surplus helping people spare time for useful activities.

Liberalism did not come till 1800. So, it is not correct to credit liberalism. Simply when there is surplus resource, workload reduces for everyone

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Liberalism is not the cause but renaissance is. When 50% of European population was wiped out by plague, european population got more rich and had surplus resources. This freed up time to think. Also, this caused anger against god for betrayal. This is not liberalism by any means. It is just natural resource surplus helping people spare time for useful activities.

Liberalism did not come till 1800. So, it is not correct to credit liberalism. Simply when there is surplus resource, workload reduces for everyone
Actually I wasn't talking about economic progress. But hardships which people are often subjected to in conservative societies.
Icarus defending Britain by attacking India for it.
Today, a person living in India or Brazil is still better off than most caliphates.
Better life than people in *RICH caliphates.

In Saudi Arbaia, a country with around 6-7 times GDP per capita of India, just imparting basic rights to women is considered a big achievement.

Advaidhya Tiwari

Better life than people in *RICH caliphates.

In Saudi Arbaia, a country with around 6-7 times GDP per capita of India, just imparting basic rights to women is considered a big achievement.
Women's right is never a real issue. It is the Islamic culture in general which is the problem. Women's rights is only a small part of it. We can't look at small parts in isolation without considering the whole.

Actually I wasn't talking about economic progress. But hardships which people are often subjected to in conservative societies.
Icarus defending Britain by attacking India for it.
The difference between rich muslim countries and UK is that muslim countries are not rich because of their own efforts or because of disasters. They just happened to have oil which was discovered as useful only recently. In fact, even till 1975, the muslim countries were rather poor and only recently did they gain richness.

Moreover, the resource of these countries is only oil and nothing else. They are extremely arid and hot place and lack water even today. They rely on imports for almost every aspect of life. even their oil drilling is done with help of foreign consultancy. It is just a temporary spike in demand for oil and its over concentration in Muslim countries which gives them a form of monopoly causing oil price to hike. This richness is only recent and is "artificial". So, it is not comparable to UK or other western countries

Willy3

Country flag
I think most of the aethist intellectual are selective and bias, if we started to set standard of aethism with Maoist then it's one of the most repressive and violent ideology on earth, but it's not true

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
geoBR Atheism and Orthodoxy in Modern Russia General Multimedia 1
The3Amigos China auto thread China 332
JaguarWarrior Russian civil aviation thread Europe and Russia 44
JaguarWarrior Russia auto thread Europe and Russia 926