The Atheism/Agnosticism Thread

Do you think God exists?

• Total voters

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag
The anthropic principle states that the fundamental constants of physics are finetuned to provide suitable conditions for intelligent life. Any changes in constants like speed of light, planck s length etc lead to universes where no matter as we know can exist. Is it a mere coincidence or some higher body has specifically designed these parameters for intelligent life to appear. May be that higher being can be called God.

Last edited:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I have already explained the difference between Dharma and Adharma. If you are retarded enough to not understand, no one can help

You are calling Dharma stupidity? Do you have reasoning to say this? Also, you had clearly mentioned that the claim of dharma is - "Abrahamism is bad and hence one must follow dharma".
You buds' claim who keep bringing Abrahamic sh*t to justify ongoing here.
And how many times should I tell that Dharma is itself reasoning? Are you being that retard who says that wheel has to be reinvented every generation instead of simply copying the previous generation's idea?

Moron, this is the meaning of dharma in Sanskrit. The word Dharma comes from "Dhri" meaning preserve and that Dharma is the set of principles that maintain balance in the world. If you did not know thi basic thing and yet you were speaking of dharma, it is your own stupidity.
Bloody bastard, no one is asking you to marry within sirname. I have told this once - Caste is not Varna. I can't repeat this again. If you ever even speak of caste as being part of dharma, then I will consider the conversation to be cyclic and hence end it there
Okay, let me use word

Opinions are enforced by logic from reasonable people? This is the definition of opinion? Are you mentally unsound?
Ask any scientist about origin or universe vs babaji.
Feelings are more inclined towards emotions, they don't necessarily affect anyone's thought process.
Who told you that humans are most efficient? Humans are just more efficient than other species on this planet. The world has universe of stars and corresponding planet system.

Do you even know the proper definition of "Random"? Random means those things which are unpredictable by Humans. Humans are not centre of the universe to say that randomness is absolute. What may appear random to a gorilla may appear completely predictable to humans simply due to better intelligence. When you can't even define random as independent from human, what is the point of relying on randomness?
Stop mixing the two or you are killing your own argument of respecting God.
People have tendency to believe in an intelligent creator because they find things doctored deliberately which they aren't actually.
Everything we humans call organized is actually a set of repeated unorganized phenomena.
In turn, if a creature can create or manipulate things, he should also be inferior to something. Simple is that.
Who gives excuses? It is you who gives excuses, not Jyotishis. Highly learned Jyotishis don't fail or fail too less (1-2%). Jyotishya does not give away all information. Only partial information about a person is available and that can differ from people to people. Also, certain things in horoscope are conditional upon certain other things which may not be available to jyotishis. But many people tend to due over demanding and ask for specific answers which may not be available in their horoscope. This may force Jyotishis to tell something just to satisfy the client. But if the client is very reasonable one and the Jyotishi is a highly learned person, the right prediction of available data is done.
I won't even comment on that now.:rofl:
Similarly, I left few earlier lines.
A Jyotish can't predict when I'm born, he can't predict when I die, what's point of asking him about in between?

You better define the set of things a Jyotish can predict otherwise you are just repeating same cliché lines which I never seen being realized.
Happiness is just hormonal pleasure. It is best obtained by consuming drugs. One who seeks happiness in life is just a barbarian.
Wrong, that's joy!
Happiness is permanent, Joy is momentary. So, happiness can be achieved of some irreversible favorable thing that is achievement.
So, any idea which can't contribute anything to society may or may not be relating to joy but not happiness at all.

It includes drugs, movies, dramas & believe in God etc.
If you live to die anyways, why not commit suicide?
It's better if I haven't posted a meme instead of writing but.
FB_IMG_1539098746218.jpg

You are starting to get extremely childish in your views. You recommend that every generation must be made to start from scratch and reinvent everything instead of simply be taught about basic remises and provide them with methods of critical thinking and ask them to find more?
No one's asking to re invent the cycle but advocating for trimming everything that is not needed or thwarting us.
Who even speak of dating, anti-dating etc? These are religions, not dharma. Dharma does not have rigid rules but depends on context. Nothing should be considered in isolation to other events.

Ethics is your made up things and not based on calculation. If the ethics is based on consistent calculation, that itself becomes dharma. Also, sometimes some people have to be harmed because their existence will cause harm to others due to their choice of doing inconsistent (adharmic) things or affiliation with people who do adharmic things.
Basically, if Dharma in society's context can refer to set of rules can tag both a conservative and liberalist as Dharmic and both will keep calling each other savages.

Second, just because I have my own set of schemes which differ from Dharma defined by society, you are not authorized to call me Abrahamic either.
God in the form of Abrahmic superman, heavenly entity etc is human creation. Just like a Gorilla can't fathom Quantum Mechanics, God is something that a human can't imagine or understand fully. It is too complex for human mind. Even defining God properly is impossible. All one can say about God is that it is a supernatural power that is omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent. Anyone who says more than this is mostly making up things
In that case, most powerful species of Universe which has conquered time & space can be tagged as Gods.

If not a species is supposed to be God but anything comprised by Universe, why do you even need to classify & respect it?

Advaidhya Tiwari

If not a species is supposed to be God but anything comprised by Universe, why do you even need to classify & respect it?
Most important aspect here is that you need not worship or respect god. The worshipping practice came here after buddhist followers started worshipping buddha's relics. There is no need to respect or worship god.
Basically, if Dharma in society's context can refer to set of rules can tag both a conservative and liberalist as Dharmic and both will keep calling each other savages.

Second, just because I have my own set of schemes which differ from Dharma defined by society, you are not authorized to call me Abrahamic either.
Dharma is what maintains consistency over several generations. If it means you have to sacrifice some people every generation who can't control themselves to be consistent, so be it. People are not born with consistent thought or instinct. So, instead of adjusting with anything available, the net result over generation must be sought.

If you are inconsistent, you will result in problems to society in present or to future generations. So, you will be similar to Abrahamics.
No one's asking to re invent the cycle but advocating for trimming everything that is not needed or thwarting us.
That is all about changing according to time. Our life has many reactions to situations. We have to keep changing or refining our reactions as situation and time changes. This is essence of dharma - to act in context. In sanskrit, the ancient people used to call it 2 things - Yama and Niyama. It was always said that those who follow Niyamas without respect to Yama is a "Neecha". Dharma is about totality, not just about what one person does. So, if others are doing something else, a person has to refine accordingly

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Dharma is about totality, not just about what one person does. So, if others are doing something else, a person has to refine accordingly
Source rather than scheme? If an individual can do a job other than he is assigned with then masses will be wrong, not him.
If you are inconsistent, you will result in problems to society in present or to future generations. So, you will be similar to Abrahamics.
Society isn't composed of only one sort of people at first place.

Haldiram

Country flag
If u say higher body exist like that then as universe,u and me too.
That's right.

I don't think @indus is contesting that part either.

That's why Hindus say "Aham Brahmasmi" (roughly translates to "I am the cosmos"). That is why Hindus do "Namaste" to each other, because we consider each person to be a part of the same cosmic ecosystem which we call god (as a metaphor). That's also why Hindus pray to trees and animals. All the living and non-living things are considered part of the cosmos in non-dual philosophy (Advaita Vedanta).

This is different from the concept of the Abrahamic "God" (with a capital "G"). The God in Abrahamic religions is a proper noun, meaning, "THE God". There is strict separation between the "creator" and his "creation". According to them there is a sky daddy who makes a creation.

In Hinduism, there is no separate god. The whole of existence is considered one big organism. The non-living and living are in a constant state of transition. When you eat a banana, it goes in your body and becomes a part of you. When a cow eats a banana it goes in its body and becomes part of the cow, that's why a body is called an "Anna-Kosh" (a storehouse of food). When we die, it gets returned back to the universe. That's why we pray to everything. It's a metaphorical way to represent our belief system. It's perfectly fine to have many gods, and in as many forms as you want. We have animal gods, tree gods, ocean gods. People pick their gods based as a reflection of who they are.

Abrahamics believe that God and the universe are separate and therefore nothing in the universe can be used to represent "THE God", so they are against pictorial representation of their divine. Basically, a "sky daddy" concept of god. This is the reason there is so much strife in the Abrahamic world.

Last edited:

Advaidhya Tiwari

Source rather than scheme? If an individual can do a job other than he is assigned with then masses will be wrong, not him.
No one has the absolute authority to assign any task to anyone. The division of labour is based on certain trade-off and is not absolute

Society isn't composed of only one sort of people at first place.
That is why we seek division of labour. Then there are other kind who are Rakshasas who are destructive by nature, either by direct destruction or subtle inconsistency acting as long term poison. Such people have to be destroyed

This is how people are CHEATED by frauds ....

then the next question WHO CREATED SO-CALLED HIGHER BODY/God?

The fundamental essence of life is that we know only limited things, not everything. So, there is lot to learn. But, from things like Jyotishya whereby planet motion can determine certain aspects of life, the ancient ancestors have concluded that the Universe as an entirety itself is god. Each and every aspect of the universe is interconnected and acts as a whole. That is also called "Tat Tvam Asi" which means you are a part of the whole. God comprises of everyone and everything. Just like cells, molecules in a human body, God is the human body and people, animals etc are like cells. Non living entities are like molecules such as proteins
That's why Hindus say "Aham Brahmasmi" (roughly translates to "I am the cosmos").
This is a corruption of "Tat Tvam Asi". But you are not god by yourself. So, Aham Brahmasmi is a bit of exaggeration. The more correct form is "Aham Brahmangasmi" - I am part of god.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
No one has the absolute authority to assign any task to anyone. The division of labour is based on certain trade-off and is not absolute

That is why we seek division of labour. Then there are other kind who are Rakshasas who are destructive by nature, either by direct destruction or subtle inconsistency acting as long term poison. Such people have to be destroyed
Division has not to be inherited at all, sh*t happened when they started passing it through varna just for keeping their successors rich.

Advaidhya Tiwari

Division has not to be inherited at all, sh*t happened when they started passing it through varna just for keeping their successors rich.
Only mentally unsound people like you think Varna was hereditary. Things became hereditary due to arrival of Buddhism which resulted in disruption and also due to Islamic invasion in which the warfare caused disruptions and regular deaths. If these kind of corruption was not allowed, there would have been no heredity in occupation.

Heredity was done to provide stability during unstable times, not due to greed. Moreover, the top most Varna- Brahmans were always poor till about 1850 after which the importance of education in the industrial world made Brahmans become rich. Prior to industrial revolution, Brahmans had very little stable occupation and it was better to be a farmer than be a brahman for wealth.

Your retarded inheritance theory does not hold ground. As I said, you are a Sudra in nature but unfortunately born in upper caste. So, you just twist any knowledge you get to satisfy your own imaginations. You are incapable of being objective.

Abhijat

Country flag
@Haldiram ji , please enunciate about Sankhya philosophy. Also , any relation w.r.t Higgs field .

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Tapatalk

Abhijat

Country flag
am allergic to the term GOD= ONE bas** sit in the sky and controls everything : Abrahamics theory or they call it as Monotheism.

Hindus pray New Cars,Weapons and Computers too that doesn't mean they all are so-called Gods, it is just show respect.The problem we are facing is 'we describe our way also in Abrahamic lense'.

We/everything is made-up by Atoms ....we may never ever know about it HOW and WHY.That doesn't mean i accept one idiot made it all with his own hands. [emoji38]
Just to interject , this theory of everything made of atom , was first propagated by Kaṇāda Kashyapa of Vaisheshika school of Hindu philosophy . He called it paramāṇu , also if we trace etymology of word 'Atom' , it ultimatly derives from "ṇ". I am attaching screenshot to substantiate my post.

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Tapatalk

Advaidhya Tiwari

am allergic to the term GOD= ONE bas** sit in the sky and controls everything : Abrahamics theory or they call it as Monotheism.

Hindus pray New Cars,Weapons and Computers too that doesn't mean they all are so-called Gods, it is just show respect.The problem we are facing is 'we describe our way also in Abrahamic lense'.

We/everything is made-up by Atoms ....we may never ever know about it HOW and WHY.That doesn't mean i accept one idiot made it all with his own hands. :lol:
You must first understand that the god in the form of separate entity than man or other things is Abrahamic. Dharmic view is a form of pantheism whereby the entirety itself is viewed as a single unit which is god in totality.

The idea of superman god is in Abrahmism whereby people are seduced by reward and punishment in the after life

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag
This is how people are CHEATED by frauds ....
then the next question WHO CREATED SO-CALLED HIGHER BODY/God?
Yes. That is the whole point of discussion whether God exists or not. Why does Universe wants itself to be observed? From where does consciousness come in. In my opinion Hinduism worships consciousness. Coz we worship every form of nature and and its manifestations. Consciousness provides reasoning and Hindus were always a culture that promoted reasoning. Rather than blindly following one God. The path that respects the consciousness of every being is what righteousness means. And being righteous is what is Dharma which @Kshithij keeps harping upon.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Only mentally unsound people like you think Varna was hereditary.
We started with what's going on Varna is followed on inheritance. Which form has been applied to utilize the particular system if not mentioned in written code?
Your retarded inheritance theory does not hold ground.
Mind your language, you are the one calling Jyotishis right handling zero credibility.

I'm shortening posts now cuz I'm getting tired of writing. I think we started with Xenophobia and using war with Pakistan as a symbol of motivation.

Advaidhya Tiwari

We started with what's going on Varna is followed on inheritance. Which form has been applied to utilize the particular system if not mentioned in written code?
Only non hereditary form was used when Dharma exised. Once other corruption like Buddhism and Islam came, only them it became hereditary.

Mind your language, you are the one calling Jyotishis right handling zero credibility.

I'm shortening posts now cuz I'm getting tired of writing. I think we started with Xenophobia and using war with Pakistan as a symbol of motivation.
You were the one to start ranting about caste system without having any knowledge of reality or history. You forced me to change the direction.

Again, about Pakistan, yes, war with Pakistan is important to motivate people who are generally short sighted and seek immediate results. It is an easy war with Pakistan which India is guaranteed to win but at the same time, keeps people motivated for the greater cause without having to campaign directly

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Only non hereditary form was used when Dharma exised. Once other corruption like Buddhism and Islam came, only them it became hereditary.
I know that muzzies are scrooges but could there be a source that Budhhists started hereditary in caste?
You were the one to start ranting about caste system without having any knowledge of reality or history. You forced me to change the direction.
I didn't my point is still valid that just using others' failure as excuse, what Indians had made of themselves.
Again, about Pakistan, yes, war with Pakistan is important to motivate people who are generally short sighted and seek immediate results. It is an easy war with Pakistan which India is guaranteed to win but at the same time, keeps people motivated for the greater cause without having to campaign directly
As told before, every year gap between India & Pakistan is elevating. So, Pakistan won't be able to do much. If a war has to occur, they will go for it jn next 10 years. After it, it won't even affect India.

Sentiment against Pakistan is actually the celebration of an almost assured victory.
Celebration isn't going to improve you.

Things to be concerned of are issues like trade war.
Things which are motivating that India's going to join upper middle income countries in living standards and major powers in international scenario soon.

It will be much more motivating (and not just infatuating) for short sighted people as soon as they will realize that India has weight in international politics too and not only in regional issues. Inferiority complex of being poor has to be rooted out of their minds.
Ever since independence, India & Pakistan both have been corrupted countries whose people see no future for their nationalism & position against west. Lately, India has been driving itself out jinx since 90s.

So, dehyphenation of India & Pakistan and making India hyphenated with better economies, is so dire to motivate Indians to do better things. Being a little more honest, more dedicated to state, lower brain drain.

If they are told they just won against Pak again & again, it won't get you anything except few celebrating hoots. Killing a dead snake again & again, isn't a motivation but just ego satisfaction.

Last edited:

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag
This may not be the only reason why Varna system got hereditary. Its human nature to ape/ copy their near ones. Children do it all the time. In its primitive form a Kshatriya son would feel easier to learn warfare from his father and become a warrior rather than choosing an entire different profession. Similar for any other profession. Hence over time the professions became hereditary. The next generation found easier to carry on the profession of their parents as a system is in place and that skill is easier to learn. Thus the Varnas condensed into castes. As many forms of industry were not present. Loosely there were four types of professions. Brahmins who carried out research, education. Kshatriyas or the warriors whose job was to protect the society. Vaishyas or merchants/traders and Shudras or the workmen/ artisans. Its not Dharma always at fault as is the case with all of your posts.

Advaidhya Tiwari

Things to be concerned of are issues like trade war.
Things which are motivating that India's going to join upper middle income countries in living standards and major powers in international scenario soon.
Do you lack common sense? Why are you even speaking of economy as if it is something given? Economy is based on energy resource consumption which in turn started as a means for war preparation and operational readiness. Everyone knows that energy resource is finite but it is all about who lasts longest and is a long term waiting game. At the end of the day, the final result is victory in war, not economy.

Acting like retards, speaking of middle income economy does not make sense. First learn the reality instead living in day dreams. This economy is temporary and is only a means of war preparation by improving on the industrial might.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
geoBR Atheism and Orthodoxy in Modern Russia General Multimedia 1
The3Amigos China auto thread China 332
JaguarWarrior Russian civil aviation thread Europe and Russia 44
JaguarWarrior Russia auto thread Europe and Russia 926