The Atheism/Agnosticism Thread

Do you think God exists?

• Total voters

Bharat Ek Khoj

most of them havnt read any scripture and will talk like professor of the subject. ya many dont agree RAMA as god or krishna as god.. its ok for me ,dnt bellieve ,call it unscientific whatever but people should not look away or undermine the MORAl,Social values embedded in the stories.they can atleast praise that..
Actually most of them find random translation from internet and try to prove how hinduism is bad.
Some have set up some kind of scenario, on how to start talking to prove what they have is best. They always start with some universe and space thing. I laughed so hard when I confused a 3rd guy who came with the same scenario.

TheSeeker

It's not about a Hindu/Christian/Muslim God.

Just ask yourself who are you?

Are you a body. Definitly No

A mind? No cannot be just a body and mind.

If yoy say you are a body-mind-intellect conplex, that's not the truth either.

Why?

When you are in deep sleep , neither you are aware of your body, nor mind, in fact you don't even have any idea whether you exist or not.

Yet when you wake up YOU are sure you either slept well/bad

If your body/mind/intellect vanished during deep sleep , WHO is it that knows you slept well/bad???

Akask kumar

The Sikh/Hindu God I believe exists but the Islamic benevolent dictator God definitely does not.
the god islamist refers to is lifted from veda. they lifted advaita philosophy of god that has no shape ,gender,beyond senses ,the only one etc. which is Parmatman/Brahman.. but didnt understood the subject properly and codified their religion on rules ,became narrow..

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
the god islamist refers to is lifted from veda. they lifted advaita philosophy of god that has no shape ,gender,beyond senses ,the only one etc. which is Parmatman/Brahman.. but didnt understood the subject properly and codified their religion on rules ,became narrow..
Can the following quotes be ascribed to Parmatman or Brahman?

1. “And well you know there were those among you [Jews] that transgressed the Sabbath, and We said to them, ‘Be you apes, miserably slinking!’

2. “And slay them wherever you come upon them, and expel them from where they expelled you; persecution is more grievous than slaying. But fight them not by the Holy Mosque until they should fight you there; then, if they fight you, slay them — such is the recompense of unbelievers, but if they give over, surely Allah is All-forgiving, All-compassionate. Fight them, till there is no persecution and the religion is Allah’s; then if they give over, there shall be no enmity save for evildoers.”

3. “Let not the believers take the unbelievers for friends, rather than the believers — for whoso does that belongs not to Allah in anything — unless you have a fear of them. Allah warns you that You beware of Him, and unto Allah is the homecoming.”

4. “This is the recompense of those who fight against Allah and His Messenger, and hasten about the earth, to do corruption there: they shall be slaughtered, or crucified, or their hands and feet shall alternately be struck off; or they shall be banished from the land. That is a degradation for them in this world; and in the world to come awaits them a mighty chastisement.”

OrangeFlorian

Anon Supreme
I was an atheist when I was 10. I'm more of an agnostic now because I can't see the impossibility of an Omnipotent being existing.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
I was an atheist when I was 10. I'm more of an agnostic now because I can't see the impossibility of an Omnipotent being existing.
It definitely cannot exist if you follow a holy book which is supposed to be interpreted as the literal word of God. Then semantically you can poke as many holes as you want in the concept.

Example: Can God make round squares?

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Basically most of the Indian atheist are Anti national by default.
Basically commies and left wingers, who just wanna do opposite of RW, so they even fall to such lows.:biggrin2:
I have my reasons, not just mentality of challenging GOI and being rebel in everything like Kanhaiya.:rolleyes:
WTF ?? :pound::pound:Just keep your faith in Sanatan Dharma. Even if you are nāstic.
Jhanhjat hai bada, :D

OrangeFlorian

Anon Supreme
I've never considered telling people that all animals are supposedly equal but then me turning into a monkey when I die if I murder a bunch of people in my previous life makes sense.

The Last Stand

Country flag
It definitely cannot exist if you follow a holy book which is supposed to be interpreted as the literal word of God. Then semantically you can poke as many holes as you want in the concept.

Example: Can God make round squares?
Is there any reason to think these "perfect" religious books were written by a God? Not really.

We make up most of it, from legends of the time (A fanciful recollection/retelling)

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Is there any reason to think these "perfect" religious books were written by a God? Not really.

We make up most of it, from legends of the time (A fanciful recollection/retelling)
I mean sure that's true in the case of Hinduism. In the case of my religion (Sikhism), they were dictated by the Sikh Gurus and they are the Guru's interpretation of how to live a pious life and be spiritual. However, in the case of Muslims, they believe that the Quran is the LITERAL word of God dictated to Mohammad through his visions and most Muslims frown upon trying to attach symbolism to the words in there. Therefore it makes sense to take the book literally.

republic_roi97

Country flag
I've never considered telling people that all animals are supposedly equal but then me turning into a monkey when I die if I murder a bunch of people in my previous life makes sense.
Nope, you won't turn into monkey or anything else :lol::lol:, if reincarnation is true, you'd come back in a different human body. But you'd be a human.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
After years of worshipping and prayers, finally God gave me a sign:D

And hence I became an athiest.
:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:
@Akask kumar @republic_roi97 @Bornubus
God if any did the same to me :lol: after getting tired you finally learn the ways to cope.

Theists have tendency to leave anything up to God. While atheists try to solve it on their own, hence they have higher chances of success.

Bharat Ek Khoj

God if any did the same to me :lol: after getting tired you finally learn the ways to cope.

Theists have tendency to leave anything up to God. While atheists try to solve it on their own, hence they have higher chances of success.
Sometimes theists also try God other than leaving operation just on Doctor :tongue:

A chauhan

Country flag
@Sakal Gharelu Ustad
After a long 12 years, my Ex. contacted me day before yesterday, we have talked for 6-8 hours so far ! :D she has two kids, but wants to continue friendship with me...on whatsapp...!

I could have posted it in "Chut Chat Thread" but decided to put it here.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
@Sakal Gharelu Ustad
After a long 12 years, my Ex. contacted me day before yesterday, we have talked for 6-8 hours so far ! :D she has two kids, but wants to continue friendship with me...on whatsapp...!

Dude, don't screw up your current life for her!

A chauhan

Country flag
@Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Epic mistake :rofl: "Chit Chat Thread" :pound:

Dude, don't screw up your current life for her!
Yeah ! girls are selfish , I will screw her.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
By what logic?:D
Leave the task itself to be done will cause epic failure, atheists at least try it till last.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
geoBR Atheism and Orthodoxy in Modern Russia General Multimedia 1
The3Amigos China auto thread China 332
JaguarWarrior Russian civil aviation thread Europe and Russia 44
JaguarWarrior Russia auto thread Europe and Russia 926