Terrorists open fire at Army convoy

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
We already have armoured vehicles in service, but IA seems to prefer Maruti Gypsy. Perhaps they were travelling in bulletproof vehicles and RPG was fired. It wouldn't surprise me.

RIP
May be Scorpio or Safari in Future ..Why not our Military convoys are Bullet Proof ...

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
The point is why are we still waiting to get some sort of armoured vehicle or BPJ or something else?

Why don't we strike and bring an end by attacking the root of this cause (the terror camps in PoK)

We have been too defensive for a long time and people are thinking that we are cowards.....

arya

Country flag
RIP to the dead and condolences to their families. Prayers for the injured to recover soon.

I am sorry it will be business as usual tomorrow. We fail to avenge our Jawans lives
dont be sorry thats showing how weak we are .

we cant safe our solider life on our ground , where is CM , he want to remove

DivineHeretic

Country flag
The soldiers killed were in trucks, unarmored vehicles, not in Gypsies or Scorpios.

The casualty figure officially stands at 6, but news is emerging that tye number has climbed to 8.

ladder

Country flag

Indian Army has armored 4x4

Redirect Notice

and also MRAP

But please see this picture

http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=i&rc...SrYpsrc3BDVJwWqBIxeRzyrQ&ust=1372170404740395
The open rear door reduces the protection level substantially but increases the situation-al awareness.
This is a trade-off is done accordingly to requirements.

I am not contesting with anybody specifying that our army has the requisite number MRAPs or BPJ or other requirements, yes our procurement is slow but there is no lack of money.

Yesterday's incident, today's incident and the killing of CRPF jawans in a school field is due to political decision rather than un-availability of the above.

During the CRPF jawans incident, they were un-armed and waiting for deployment for traffic duty.
The orders were passed by J&K home department.( Police on traffic duty must be un-armed)

Yesterday incident where two J&K policemen were killed, the were on traffic control duty and shot in the head from close quarters.

And today's incident, it was carried out in the out-skirts of Sri-Nagar.
This area is probably under the Police and Para-military control.
As, Army has handed over the operational control to Police in cities.

Also, an Army the size of our Army cannot be entirely moved by MRAP, but the convoy route has to be sensitized and the grids maintained.
So, this brings us to a question whether the Police is slipping in doing the same?
and how much political influence has it's affect on this activity.

The J&K govt.'s dicktat for thinning the visual presence of army and police,from cities and urban is the culprit.
Not, because the idea or want of it is flawed, but because its implementation is flawed because it is carried out by babus and police bosses who are always in the habit of telling 'yes sir' to their political bosses.

Last edited:

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Now this is too much :angry: :angry: how long Indian impotent govt will tolerate this?

DivineHeretic

Country flag
@Mods, @Singh, @Kunal, @Yusuf

I'd like to draw the attention of every member of this forum to this incredibly disturbing trend.
Please follow the following comments.

I too heard some gun shots from Hyderpora side. And I thought these were crackers bursting in a marraiage ceremony!@Parul-this is uptown Srinagar.

Should I laugh at Indian Pathetic media or cry? Encounter is going on in Hyderpora and Headlines today is showing video of Bemina encounter

Tomorrow is Kashmir Bandh!! Call given by Hurriyat G,M, JKLF, Doctors and Lawyers

Can see Residents of Mehrajpora busy providing drinks to those caught in the traffic jam due to the shoot out going on. Love you my Kashmir

You are very late. Watch Times Now
Not Airport area but airport road Barzulla Srinagar. Just 2 km from Hyderpora

Can See Black-Gray cloured army helicopter doing rounds over here in Hyderpora Srinagar

Hahaha... Mujahideen gave a clean chit to Indian Army in Hyderpora!! Now another encounter broke out in Karanager srinagar

These comments were made by a gentleman from Kashmir (as per his claims) going by the name Danish_Mir in a certain Pak forum, revealing army presence and assets while the encounter was going on.

I cannot be certain he is/is not a Pakistani false flag, but even in the remote chance that he does belong to Kashmir, he is threatening the troops. I request someone to identify his IP, and report him to relevant authorities if he is indeed in India.

He has obviously discarded Indian citizenship by flying the Pak flag, and as such is a dangerous person. Further more, he is supporting attacks on Indian troops.

Last edited by a moderator:

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Yesterday's incident, today's incident and the killing of CRPF jawans in a school field is due to political decision rather than un-availability of the above.

During the CRPF jawans incident, they were un-armed and waiting for deployment for traffic duty.
The orders were passed by J&K home department.( Police on traffic duty must be un-armed)

Yesterday incident where two J&K policemen were killed, the were on traffic control duty and shot in the head from close quarters.

And today's incident, it was carried out in the out-skirts of Sri-Nagar.
This area is probably under the Police and Para-military control.
As, Army has handed over the operational control to Police in cities.

The J&K govt.'s dicktat for thinning the visual presence of army and police,from cities and urban is the culprit.
Not, because the idea or want of it is flawed, but because its implementation is flawed because it is carried out by babus and police bosses who are always in the habit of telling 'yes sir' to their political bosses.
Not only the J & K Govt. has the blood of these soldiers on its hands, but the Army and CRPF have no reason whatsoever to continue standing unarmed on traffic lights, only to be shot at point blank. Disgusting !!

Waffen SS

:rip:

And now where are those "intellectuals" best sample perhaps Arundhati Roy?? As usual we will forget this tomorrow and our PM will say India is interested to make good relation with Pakistan or this incident will have no affect on Indo-Pak relations. :mad:

Until we have democrazy no matter how Pakistan does bad works against India, we can do nothing but only expressing our anger.

Five Pakistani Army Troops Killed By Militants Near Peshawar

Poseidon

Country flag
@Mods, @Singh, @Kunal, @Yusuf

I'd like to draw the attention of every member of this forum to this incredibly disturbing trend.
Please follow the following comments.

I too heard some gun shots from Hyderpora side. And I thought these were crackers bursting in a marraiage ceremony!@Parul-this is uptown Srinagar.

Should I laugh at Indian Pathetic media or cry? Encounter is going on in Hyderpora and Headlines today is showing video of Bemina encounter

Tomorrow is Kashmir Bandh!! Call given by Hurriyat G,M, JKLF, Doctors and Lawyers

Can see Residents of Mehrajpora busy providing drinks to those caught in the traffic jam due to the shoot out going on. Love you my Kashmir

You are very late. Watch Times Now
Not Airport area but airport road Barzulla Srinagar. Just 2 km from Hyderpora

Can See Black-Gray cloured army helicopter doing rounds over here in Hyderpora Srinagar

Hahaha... Mujahideen gave a clean chit to Indian Army in Hyderpora!! Now another encounter broke out in Karanager srinagar

These comments were made by a gentleman from Kashmir (as per his claims) going by the name Danish_Mir in a certain Pak forum, revealing army presence and assets while the encounter was going on.

I cannot be certain he is/is not a Pakistani false flag, but even in the remote chance that he does belong to Kashmir, he is threatening the troops. I request someone to identify his IP, and report him to relevant authorities if he is indeed in India.

He has obviously discarded Indian citizenship by flying the Pak flag, and as such is a dangerous person. Further more, he is supporting attacks on Indian troops.
He is indeed a resident of SriNagar a student of Islamic University of Science and Technology,the very same college from which a militant was killed last month.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
R.I.P to those brave jawans. these terrorist pigs must be hunted down and killed like rats.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
5 Paki subhumans should be taken out for every one Indian soldier martyred.

Poseidon

Country flag
The 8 Army jawans who were killed in yesterday's terror attack in Srinagar

@shiv Aroor

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
5 Paki subhumans should be taken out for every one Indian soldier martyred.
10 I would say since they claim 1 Paki=10 Indians. :tsk:

RIP to the soldiers.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles