Terror strikes Mumbai: 3 Blasts, 21 killed, 141 injured

Country flag
If this is the case then LF kuch nahi hona. Tom we all go to work then after 3 yrs another blast then again will go for work.
when you have poor to no intelligence about your neighbor who happens to be the biggest terrorist nation on the planet, something needs to be reexamined.

Anonymous

After Zaveri Bazaar Blast

[YT]ILipdCRST6U[/YT]

I don't want to jump to any conclusions. It is best to have restraint in times like this, but if LeT is behind this (and Pakistan behind LeT), than something needs to be done. After the Mumbai attacks India showed a lot of restraint and many countries like the U.S. urged India to keep calm as the facts were revealed. Well the facts arose and LeT was the culprit. The attackers hailed from Pakistan and funding came from Pakistan.

Even to this day Pakistan has not extradited any of the terrorists on the list that India has sent to Pakistan (a double digit list of terrorists). Pakistan has done nothing to claim responsibility and take action against terrorists operating within their country against India. I don't know what India should do, and I am all against war, or anything of that nature. I have nothing but best wishes for the Pakistani people, but India needs to do something. There needs to be international action. Pakistan's government is out of control.

Energon

DFI stars
Ambassador
Country flag
If there was an action that I could do to reduce this government's term in power other than voting, I would do that. Sometimes I feel that if only our armed forces could temporarily intervene, overthrow this shit government of alien mistresses and toothless lapdogs, and announce a fresh election with new faces and new commitments.

Turkey's military has done that numerous times; overthrown corrupt anti-national governments and handed power to true democratic parties and continued the democratic constitution of the country. If only we could do that. Anything is better than these de-ranged sick anti-national spineless creeps. They give all the warriors in India's history who fought the invaders, a terrible low blow.
How are terrorist attacks such as these connected to the government or "secularism" or Sonia Gandhi's hidden identity as a supposed "alien mistress"? (not sure what that means). The lack of adequate intelligence, trained anti terrorism units and disaster management teams is a core structural problem that transcends political parties. No political party in India has shown the ability or real desire to change this or been able to deter terrorist attacks for that matter. Furthermore in a country as diverse, populated and porous as India it is impossible to prevent terrorist attacks.

The only plausible solution (albeit nothing will be 100% foolproof) is to fill the said structural gaps and build a country wide and genuinely comprehensive state of the art anti terrorism apparatus. However there are numerous hurdles (genuine and self imposed) that are likely to prevent this from happening. Here too the problem seems to be beyond the scope of any political party. The entire culture of governance in India (granted it's a de facto dilapidated third world country) is still far too immature, amateur, inadequate, inept, indifferent, disorganized, uncoordinated, sloppy and foolishly arrogant to take the appropriate steps.

In the mean time wasting time on canards such as secularism, inconsequential political matters and other such misgivings is counterproductive.

P.S. I have no political allegiances in India's politics, nor have I ever had the right to vote.

Parthy

Air Warrior
Whatever we discuss here, nothing is going to happen.. All ministers will condemn the attack and the next day they'll think about looting the money from their newly allocated portfolios.... And after a month our Dr.Singh will send Madam Rao to kick start the peace talks and call Mr.Zardari for friendly tea.. :mad2: :mad2:

GOD save INDIA... :rolleyes:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Does Indian govt have GUTS for that?? At one time Israel wanted to destroy Pak's nuke reactors and wanted India's help , and we did not do it.

http://asian-defence.blogspot.com/2010/12/story-of-israels-threat-to-pakistans.html

A Story of Israel's Threat to Pakistan's Nuclear Arsenal
The US supplied F-16s to Pak and that was their only potent platform then and their biggest. They immediately threatened India with strikes on BARC if India unilaterally or in collaboration with anyone struck it's nuke plants. Blame America for that as well.

aragorn

Mumbai ATS led by Rakesh Maria arrested two IM operatives on July 6th... May be this is in connection to this..

RIP all deceased :(

Our intellectual Home Minister will coin new words from his vocabulary to condemn the attack! but wont say a maa bhen ki to intelligence failure :mad:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
TO counter such treads we not only need to increase our efficiency in surveillance, counter strikes, Intel but also Infrastructure...

Mumbai city is a vast and unorganised, 10b people are living inside..

We need to modifiy our infrastrucher so that civillians can be observe properly and in time of panic they can be divert to a safe place..

We need a infrastructure modification so that we can control crowed and can pin out unusually or unexpected elements..

In simple words, Compare metro station complex to a vegetable market, we need to change into metro station..

aragorn

TO counter such treads we not only need to increase our efficiency in surveillance, counter strikes, Intel but also Infrastructure...

We need to modifiy our infrastrucher so that civillians can be observe properly and in time of panic they can be divert to a safe place..

We need a infrastructure modification so that we can control crowed and can pin out unusually or unexpected elements..

In simple words, Compare metro station complex to a vegetable market, we need to change into metro station..
right! They did some CCTV camera and other things after 2006 blasts. On first day at churchgate people had no information metal detectors have been installed! and i saw the largest crowd in my life till date outside the churchgate station waiting to get inside the station. It was pure chaos.

They are taking decisions haphazardly. Ideas are there but poor implementation. and after one-two months more than 50% the CCTV cameras were not working :rolleyes:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Agree with Energon. The system is bad. True governance is one which keeps it's people safe from terror attacks and not talk of attacking terror camps after Indian lives have been lost.

Like I said earlier, combat air patrol could be one of the ways to put pressure. Apart from that really good intelligence both internal and external. A government is no good if it cannot prevent attacks. No matter which party is or was in power, terror attacks have happened in India. Not even a Narendra Modi (as he is often looked at as the saviour) can prevent that as he too will be facing the same systemic problems. No intel = no prevention. India has to learn from the US which has faced no terror on it's soil since 9/11 and most recently averted one and arrested Faizal Shahzad before he did any damage. That is what we want. Attacking terror camps only after an incident in India is no good and not going to be effective. We need to make the costs of terror very high. Undertake covert actions to undermine terror networks against India which includes assassination of prominent terrorists. That is what will prevent attacks and that is what is the duty of the govt and not as someone said show "minimum" action. That is no good. Concerted and sustained action which will also mount the cost of waging terror for Pakistan is what we need. They don't have the money for that. How will they counter Su 30 MKI fully loaded fighters on 24x7 combat patrols? Ready to attack if there was any terror attack. They would not be afford to counter that.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

Kunal sir, video camera at good start, London has them in good number they are great help in identifying and tracking suspects and terrorists. we have to have such system in place and central control room where all the feeds are available and saved for month or so.

lot of companies in India make these.

Sikh_warrior

Professional
RIP to the innocents.

i have read all the 8 pages and the emotions are running all time high as its natural after an attack like this.

its very easy to write on internet forum and blame "italian memsahib and her black goras in congress" or external elements in pakistan.

surgical strikes are talked about across the border and other bold steps also suggested by fellow forum members.

i respect every one's sentiments and emotions at this moment and i like to share the grief with the families who lost their loved ones.

BUT.....

have we looked at internal elements who carry out such attacks?
have we looked at internal elements supporting external elements.....eg 26/11?
have we looked into the failures of intel agencies?
have we looked into the failures of the security agencies?
local intel is ZERO
local secruity is ZERO

why dont we talk about surgical strike in ghetos where these elements live and support anti indian activities?
why are ruling parties in various states of india are afraid to go after these internal elements, because they come from a minority group and would cost them votes in next elemenst?

Why bangladeshis still live in India, they have already changed the demography of Assam?

we are internally weak when it comes to take actions in the name of national security and nation's interest!

These blasts are the biggest failure right from the individual beat officer to the home minister of india.....PERIOD!

lets not talk about war with pakistan, lets clean up our own house first!

JAI HIND.

aragorn

It is convinient to talk about pakistan and blame them than take action against some of the elements from 'vote bank'

Sikh_warrior

Professional
it goes like this.....

Every time my house gets robbed, would i blame it on external reasons/elements or make my house more safer?

JAI HIND.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
do we even have a thing called government in this country for heaven's sake, and if it is somewhere, where the hell is it?!

take any damn thing and there's a no show.

a PM who for every thing he and his government has to do first looks for a consent from 10janpath and only then opens his mouth and acts. he is a tuheen in the name of sikhs.
UPA I was a disaster as far as internal security was concerned, UPA II seems to be headed in the very same direction.
the most corrupt government ever in this country's independent democratic history.
take economy and they are sleeping away.

the most important question, did these people even have some sort of intel on these attacks before hand? and if they had what the hell were they doing with it, and one wonders when is digvijay singh going to take center stage and blame it on the rss? where is the youth icon of india, rahul G? does he not think people getting killed in terror attacks in his party's ruled state is more important than the dramabazi he is upto in UP?

all we have are cheats and thugs running this country, bloody bunch of nincompoops, only good for their 3rd grade politics!

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
why dont we talk about surgical strike in ghetos where these elements live and support anti indian activities?

lets not talk about war with pakistan, lets clean up our own house first!

JAI HIND.

Point on........

shaka

To Sikh Warrior:
Are u sure???
This is illogical. I have a question. Lets say u make your more safer, what if the robber becomes more sophisticated and overcomes your safer house. then u can maybe make ur house even more safer. What if cycle repeats .

My friend why cant we cure the disease instead of going after the symptoms. Think of bacteria........

Last edited:

Param

To Sikh Warrior:
Are u sure???
This is illogical. I have a question. Lets say u make your more safer, what if the robber becomes more sophisticated and overcomes your safer house. then u can maybe make ur house even more safer. What if cycle repeats .

My friend why cant we cure the disease instead of going after the symptoms. Think of bacteria........
Because this Bacteria has dozens of Nukes.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles