Terror strikes France again: Over 73 dead in Terror Truck attack

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Do you have any reasons for why america and western world is not bringing democracy to Saudi?
Aramco is 50-50 share between America and Saudi government( in effect Saud family). If democracy comes in Saudi, it can be used by some other country to remove Americans from the picture.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
I am not so sure. The US is producing oil now and the Saudis are their competitors. But yes, I would like the West to intervene and finish off this Wahhabi menace.
I think the Saudi group works with the western elite to prevent the development of a strong united arab state. (Remeber that guy Gamal or something?)
One must remember that from Libya to sudan to egypt and iraq and most of the lands in between are sunnis speaking various arab dialects.
This region is geopolitically, right in the centre of the planet and controls the red sea passage which is so very important for trade/logistics. Also this region has the largest amount of energy resources on the planet (only russia and russian artic can compare.)
Additionally this region also has a gigantic underground aquifer (the largest in the world; underneath Egypt and Libya.)
Clean water is going to be scarce in the future and water from this aquifer can be used with considerably less processing than sea water.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Aramco is 50-50 share between America and Saudi government( in effect Saud family). If democracy comes in Saudi, it can be used by some other country to remove Americans from the picture.
Aramco which is now called (if I remember right) the Saudi Arabian Oil Company, is fully owned by the Saudi Government/Royal family.

pmaitra

I think the Saudi group works with the western elite to prevent the development of a strong united arab state.
One must remember that from Libya to sudan to egypt and iraq and most of the lands in between are sunnis speaking various arab dialects.
This region is geopolitically, right in the centre of the planet and controls the red sea passage which is so very important for trade/logistics. Also this region has the largest amount of energy resources on the planet (only russia and russian artic can compare.)
Additionally this region also has a gigantic underground aquifer (the largest in the world; underneath Egypt and Libya.)
Clean water is going to be scarce in the future and water from this aquifer can be used with considerably less processing than sea water.
Wow. That is a lot of information. Thanks for sharing.

pmaitra

Aramco which is now called (if I remember right) the Saudi Arabian Oil Company, is fully owned by the Saudi Government/Royal family.
Aramco is Arab American Oil Company. :D

Did not know it was fully owned by the Saudi Royal Family.

pmaitra

Do you have any reasons for why america and western world is not bringing democracy to Saudi?
I am wondering why not.

Earlier, the Saudi Oil was only available for US Dollars. So, although the Dollar was not backed by oil, oil was only available for Dollars, Thus, the petro-Dollar maintained the Dollar's hegemony.

Now, the Saudi oil competed with US oil. A glut in oil supply makes oil cheap, thus reducing demand for Dollars. So, Saudi over-production is hurting the US. So, the US might be making plans to slowly take out Saudi Arabia.

Anyway, others have responded. Those are worth looking into.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Aramco is Arab American Oil Company. :D

Did not know it was fully owned by the Saudi Royal Family.
Yup at that time when it was created the saudi needed american tech to exploit the resources.
Later they nationalized it.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Wow. That is a lot of information. Thanks for sharing.
OT: @pmaitra and others, in case you are interested.

That underground aquifer I talked about is called Nubian Sandstone Aquifer. Some water is currently being extracted, much less than its potential. The water is mostly fresh to slightly brackish. It contains an mind boggling approcimate of 150,000 km3 of water. That is 150 x 10^15 litres of water.

For comparison other super large aquifers are Great Artesian (AUS; 2nd largest,) Guarani (BRA,ARG etc). Both are not even half the size of the Nubian.

Additionally the most voluminous lake on the planet, Baikal Lake (RUS) is not even 1/6 the volume of the Nubian.
And the Caspian sea (technically not a lake) is about half the volume of the Nubian.
It is not talked about much but there is a large amount of water under the arab lands. :hmm:

Last edited:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
There you go, the cycle starts again...

BBC is reporting...
More than 20 people in Germany injured after a man with an axe went on the rampage on a train - German media

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
One thing must be said though, any body remember when was the last time the whole world was terrified of something across the board?

I remember conflicts since Ireland, Chechnya, Lebanon and some more in Africa. These were localised in nature. But never was one thing which has terrorised people across the world.

Last one with such a scale was anthrax attacks.

Anybody else remember anything else which has the same impact as the current Islamist threat post coldwar?

pmaitra

From what I am seeing about this incident, this guy was drug taking pork eating nominal Muslim who had no connection with terrorists, and it could be that he was frustrated and was driven to ISIS propaganda and all of a sudden turned into, as the Telegraph UK reported, "Soldier of Islam."

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
That is exactly what was going through my mind when I saw so many people accumulated in one place for a terrorist's funeral.

"If only I had a machine gun with unlimited ammo and a cyanide capsule with me....." but then it was late night and I was tired so I went to sleep.
upload_2016-7-19_11-16-21.jpeg

You mean this machine gun it costs only 47-50k $ means 33 lakhs in INR...In DFI we will form a money pool and will gift it to you........:shoot:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Nothing to worry guys. France has avenged the death of some 80 something people in Nice, by terrorist French resident of Tunisian citizenship, by killing 120 civilians in Syria.
That will certainly help solve the terrorism problem in France; I agree with French/NATO thinking.

www.russia-insider.com/en/france-avenges-nice-massacre-massacres-120-syrian-civilians/ri15729
Just days after Tunisian-born French resident Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel drove a truck into a crowded Bastille Day celebration in Nice, France, killing at least 84, a French-led bombing attack on the Syrian villages of Tokhar and Hoshariyeh today has reportedly killed more than 120 civilians.

Mainstream media and even the rebel-friendly Syrian Observatory for Human Rights have confirmed the killings and the civilian victims.

Shortly after the Nice attack, French president Hollande vowed to retaliate by stepping up bombing in Iraq and Syria.

True to his word, Hollande has today killed more than 120 civilians in Syria (warning graphic photos) in retaliation for the actions of a French resident of Tunisian origin (who is said to not even have been a practicing Muslim).

We may be left asking the obvious couple of questions. Why do 120 innocent Syrian civilians deserve to die because 84 innocent French civilians were killed in a terrorist attack? And how does France expect to avoid further blowback for its aggressive Middle East policy if it continues to provide endless recruiting narratives?
"Equalite, liberte, fraterntie" blah blah... Oh wait ? :notsure:

Last edited:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
From what I am seeing about this incident, this guy was drug taking pork eating nominal Muslim who had no connection with terrorists, and it could be that he was frustrated and was driven to ISIS propaganda and all of a sudden turned into, as the Telegraph UK reported, "Soldier of Islam."
From Various sources it seems that

wiki said:
According to French Prosecutor François Molins, information gathered by investigators suggests Lahouaiej-Bouhlel was a man who, until recently, did not seem to be religious; he did not attend a mosque, ate pork, drank alcohol, took drugs and had an unbridled sex life,[33] allegedly with both women and men.[34][35] Neighbors said he rarely spoke to them.[36] However—after interviewing associates and examining his computer—investigators said Lahouaiej-Bouhlel seems to have become radicalized shortly before the attack and the transformation happened quickly. Prosecutor François Molins said he had a "clear, recent interest in the radical jihadist movement".[37] Lahouaiej-Bouhlel began attending a mosque in April,[38] had sworn off alcohol,[37] and had recently grown a beard for religious reasons.[39] He also began expressing extreme Islamist views,[38] expressed support for Islamic State,[40] and visited jihadi websites.
You know what I'm thinking?
This guy looks like he had no value system, that is did not adhere strongly to anything, and then all of a sudden he seems to have been radicalized to Wahhabi islam/ISIS ideologies, in the span of a few months.
The method seems to be igniting compassion for the victims of the carnage the West commits/has commited in the ME and provoking the primal desire for violence in human beings wrapped in the legality of Islamic doctrines. Seems pretty effective/efficient.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
From Various sources it seems that

You know what I'm thinking?
This guy looks like he had no value system, that is did not adhere strongly to anything, and then all of a sudden he seems to have been radicalized to Wahhabi islam/ISIS ideologies, in the span of a few months.
The method seems to be igniting compassion for the victims of the carnage the West commits/has commited in the ME and provoking the primal desire for violence in human beings wrapped in the legality of Islamic doctrines. Seems pretty effective/efficient.
Aren't you putting it in too fancy words?

The Islam apologist taqiyabaz use similar words. Why is it only Muslims who fall to such victimhood and have extra-territorial loyalties?

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Aren't you putting it in too fancy words?
By "fancy words," you mean what exactly?

The Islam apologist taqiyabaz use similar words.
Not quite an islamic apologist, nor an apologist for any religion unless it is a religion that worships me.

Why is it only Muslims who fall to such victimhood and have extra-territorial loyalties?
A lot of christians and also (or especially) jews have extra-territorial "loyalities," so I guess the question (Q1) you are asking is why certain muslims are expressing their "extra-territorial loyalties" in violent ways.
Am I reading your post right, or did I get something wrong?
If right, then let me know the reasons for the Q1 situation, from your analysis.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
By "fancy words," you mean what exactly?
I meant blaming wahabbism for every act, while it is just simple Islam. Words keep changing over time

Not quite an islamic apologist, nor an apologist for any religion unless it is a religion that worships me.

A lot of christians and also (or especially) jews have extra-territorial "loyalities," so I guess the question (Q1) you are asking is why certain muslims are expressing their "extra-territorial loyalties" in violent ways.
Am I reading your post right, or did I get something wrong?
If right, then let me know the reasons for the Q1 situation, from your analysis.
Yes. You are right. Abrahamists have extra-territorial loyalties, but Muslims top the list there.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles