Terror Boat Incident: Parrikar caught in a controversy?

Khagesh

DIG Loshali is a great man. My respect for the ICG goes up knowing that DIG Loshali kind of people are there to protect us.

But still that comment by him, did cut the line. I have people in family who are into equally righteous stuff, though a little less glamorous as blowing up a ship or a terro-boat. But equally difficult. Still these people hide things even from a close relative and blood relations.

Probably for some reason Modi govt. wanted to redraw a line.

DIG Loshali ji, you are still our hero. Fir mauka milega to fir se udaa dena, janab.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
@Singh.

No matter who said what, I go by seeing evidence.

Last edited by a moderator:

DingDong

Country flag
Are you calling me a closet Khalistani ?
That was a sweeping statement (not necessarily true) in response to another sweeping statement. Was it delberately meant to hurt? YES, here is my confession. If I really believed that you are a Khalistani, I won't have called you a Khalistani to hurt you, I might have chosen a different word/phrase. I did not make a direct mention anyways ;-) .

"Scum" was not a good choice of word exactly to use against somebody who holds a different POV. The alleged "Bhakts" may not fit the definition of Bhakt because many are not blind followers and do not seek guidance from any higher authority (which includes the current PM). Here it was a simple choice to make: Support the version of our government and strengthen it's stand against a foreign entity even if our government is not telling the complete truth or send a message to the world that we cannot stand together united in face of adversity (this is how British conquered us).

Will we accept it if soldiers on border refuse to pull trigger just because they do not agree with Government's policy? Criticism of the elected government must be restrained to domestic situations, and it is a normal practice.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Parrikar claimed something. Various journalists, no doubt fed by their sources, punched some holes in Parrikar's narrative. Parrikar ended up contradicting himself several times.
@Singh,

Rememeber Shekhar Gupta's newspaper claiming that MMS Govt was being toppled by Gen VK Singh by moving two battalions? That was laughable for any military person since it was most ludicrous and stupid a suggestion that only a fool like Shekhar Gupta could spin.

Two Battalions with Small Arms to take over a country!

And that too, not using two Brigades stationed in Delhi and one Division in Meerut?

Yet the uninformed and the gullible swallowed the falsehood of Gupta hook, line and sinker and Gupta fulfilled his agenda at the behest of his controllers. I cannot say if they were domestic or foreign.

And insult to injury, no inquiry was done!!!!!! If there was an attempted coup, it was treason. But the MMS Govt did not do a sausage? Why? It would have been proved it was a maliciously planted news and many important collaborating heads would roll, much to the embarrassment of the Govt then.

So, don't believe everything Indian Express or others trot out.

I watched Walk the Talk of Gupta with Bloomberg. Shakher tried his best to get Bloomberg to criticise India, but totally failed and was crestfallen.

Gupta and his innumerable elitist ilk of the Delhi power broker drawing room, champagne swizzling, cheese nibbling, AC comfort chatterati class are not persons to trust. They are mere power mongers, who today are toothless entity and groaning, kicking and generally debilitated.

One need not praise the NDA Govt, but one should think of India. If the Govt is wrong, go hell for leather with facts that are provable and not speculative or those filled with mindless bile.

India cannot be trifled with.

If indeed Parrikar is wrong, it must be proved - with facts and scientific reasoning. But not by mere bile acting up or by being speculative in a mindless manner.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
@Ray sir

I cannot for the life of me fathom why a person such as you who believes in scientific evidence would disregard video evidence just because Shekhar Gupta the ex-IE editor published a story which purpotedly was false and risked sullying his fine reputation ?

Anyways,

I think our last few tete-a-tete 's have been increasingly marked by your invoking conspiracy theories and strawman arguments, so I would like to bow out by reiterating what I said :

1. Why was such a boastful fellow was allowed to rise through the ranks ? Remember he was addressing not his friends but his CG colleagues in an official capacity in an official function.
2. If what he has said is true ie if Parrikar's account is erroneous, then why should the DIG be forced to kowtow the diktats of RM ?

And no powerful politicians are ever found guilty of any wrongdoing, I just want that the insitutional damage if any is contained, and steps taken to ensure that Indian fishermen don't become collateral damage.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
That was a sweeping statement (not necessarily true) in response to another sweeping statement. Was it delberately meant to hurt? YES, here is my confession. If I really believed that you are a Khalistani, I won't have called you a Khalistani to hurt you, I might have chosen a different word/phrase. I did not make a direct mention anyways ;-) .

"Scum" was not a good choice of word exactly to use against somebody who holds a different POV. The alleged "Bhakts" may not fit the definition of Bhakt because many are not blind followers and do not seek guidance from any higher authority (which includes the current PM). Here it was a simple choice to make: Support the version of our government and strengthen it's stand against a foreign entity even if our government is not telling the complete truth or send a message to the world that we cannot stand together united in face of adversity (this is how British conquered us).

Will we accept it if soldiers on border refuse to pull trigger just because they do not agree with Government's policy? Criticism of the elected government must be restrained to domestic situations, and it is a normal practice.
Listen bihari labour class bhaiye, Do I believe you are a bihari labour class bhaiye who shits out in the open for all of Delhi to see ? No, Did I mean to hurt you ? Yes.

What kind of an asinine logic is that.

The response was delivered in kind to the OP who blamed "secular scum" for punching holes in Parrikar's narrative.

If you have any issues with any post, report them.

Trying to take name call or abuse one of the staff of this forum, which works free of cost to ensure this forum runs smoothly is something the staff frowns upon. Staff performs a most thankless job if you cannot appreciate that, atleast don't call the person who helped form a Forum for Patriotic Indians an Anti-National.

Take 2 days off so that next time you will learn to respect the rules.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
@Ray sir

I cannot for the life of me fathom why a person such as you who believes in scientific evidence would disregard video evidence just because Shekhar Gupta the ex-IE editor published a story which purpotedly was false and risked sullying his fine reputation ?

Anyways,

I think our last few tete-a-tete 's have been increasingly marked by your invoking conspiracy theories and strawman arguments, so I would like to bow out by reiterating what I said :

1. Why was such a boastful fellow was allowed to rise through the ranks ? Remember he was addressing not his friends but his CG colleagues in an official capacity in an official function.
2. If what he has said is true ie if Parrikar's account is erroneous, then why should the DIG be forced to kowtow the diktats of RM ?

And no powerful politicians are ever found guilty of any wrongdoing, I just want that the insitutional damage if any is contained, and steps taken to ensure that Indian fishermen don't become collateral damage.
I have seen the video evidence.

White smoke is one indicator.

If the boat was hit, then there would be no smoke. It would sink.

If the bullet hit the fuel tank, then it would be black smoke.

If Plastic explosives burnt, it would not detonate but merely burn without effect.

If there was smoke and burning, then it is obvious that the boat was not boarded by the Coast Guard.

However, if you got another explanation, I would surely be grateful to be educated.

mikhail

Country flag
I will start with your second part first :

I have been very tolerant of people abusing me but not anymore. I think me being tolerant to abuses directed at me, makes the members feel that we actually encourage such posts and this vitiates the atmosphere.

The said member @DingDong has to remedy this post before he is allowed to continue on this forum.

=

I am sure you are better explosives expert than all on this forum, but the issue at hand is this:

Parrikar claimed something. Various journalists, no doubt fed by their sources, punched some holes in Parrikar's narrative. Parrikar ended up contradicting himself several times.
And then came the DIG's shocker.
That the boat burnt for many hours is something we knew from day 1 but the issue is still murky.
DIG Loshali who was the Chief of Staff of NW Region of CG has today been removed by Def Min.

Now, is the aim of this controvery to help Pakistan, or keep a check on Parrikar, or done by a concerned patriot or some other power play at hand is a matter of speculation which I will not indulge in and we might never know.

As I have said I have no sympathies for the dead Pakistanis.

However, I feel that this whole episode could cause a massive Insitutional damage to the CG and also endanger the safety of our own fishermen trawling International waters.

If DIG lied then how was such an idiot allowed onto such a post, if he is telling the truth then he should be reinstated; we should not create an enviroment where promotions or demotions are given by licking the politicians feet.
Sir,don't you think that the Coast Guard should be given the benefit of doubt in this case as it's clearly evident that the Pakistani boat had violated the Indian territorial waters at the middle of the night!Plus if it was indeed a fishing trawler then they should have surrendered to the CG interceptor boat instead of trying to flee the scene at full speed.So it again proves that they had some ulterior motive behind infiltrating into India's maritime boundary.Now it's a completely different matter whether they were smugglers or tangos but i think the ICG only did what they were supposed to do in case of a foreign boat infiltrating inside the Indian maritime boundaries and hence they should rather be applauded for doing their jobs instead of drawing all those criticisms.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Sir,don't you think that the Coast Guard should be given the benefit of doubt in this case as it's clearly evident that the Pakistani boat had violated the Indian territorial waters at the middle of the night!Plus if it was indeed a fishing trawler then they should have surrendered to the CG interceptor boat instead of trying to flee the scene at full speed.So it again proves that they had some ulterior motive behind infiltrating into India's maritime boundary.Now it's a completely different matter whether they were smugglers or tangos but i think the ICG only did what they were supposed to do in case of a foreign boat infiltrating inside the Indian maritime boundaries and hence they should rather be applauded for doing their jobs instead of drawing all those criticisms.
Sir,

The issue now at hand is that of institutional damage. I don't think anyone of us is faulting CG.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I have seen the video evidence.

White smoke is one indicator.

If the boat was hit, then there would be no smoke. It would sink.

If the bullet hit the fuel tank, then it would be black smoke.

If Plastic explosives burnt, it would not detonate but merely burn without effect.

If there was smoke and burning, then it is obvious that the boat was not boarded by the Coast Guard.

However, if you got another explanation, I would surely be grateful to be educated.
Sir,

I think we are still not on the same page.

The issue is not what caused the explosion. I don't care if the CG guys stabbed those guys and lit their funeral pyre on that boat.

Problem is the whole fiasco has caused institutional damage to the CG.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Sir,

I think we are still not on the same page.

The issue is not what caused the explosion. I don't care if the CG guys stabbed those guys and lit their funeral pyre on that boat.

Problem is the whole fiasco has caused institutional damage to the CG.
What was the fiasco?

Parrikar, the video or the fool DIG?

Last edited:

DingDong

Country flag
Listen bihari labour class bhaiye, Do I believe you are a bihari labour class bhaiye who shits out in the open for all of Delhi to see ? No, Did I mean to hurt you ? Yes.

What kind of an asinine logic is that.

The response was delivered in kind to the OP who blamed "secular scum" for punching holes in Parrikar's narrative.

If you have any issues with any post, report them.

Trying to take name call or abuse one of the staff of this forum, which works free of cost to ensure this forum runs smoothly is something the staff frowns upon. Staff performs a most thankless job if you cannot appreciate that, atleast don't call the person who helped form a Forum for Patriotic Indians an Anti-National.

Take 2 days off so that next time you will learn to respect the rules.
I gave a lot of thought to this and I don't think that membership of this forum is so dear to me that I will change my way of doing things. Your time spent on managing this forum doesn't have any real-life benefit for the forum members whose contributions keep this forum alive. Hence, No Thanks to you.
BTW, if tomorrow our people get caught up and killed in response, blame the 3rd rate opposition politics and not the government. BTW, a Bihari Bhaiya insult is not a real insult (unless you look at people of Bihar with contempt), but yes, I do look at those Khalistani Singh Soorme (as they call themselves in those propaganda videos) with great contempt and will shit on their face for all Delhi to see.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
I have been member of this forum for last few years and seen the language of communication going down the drain. Let us rise above these personal attacks with abusive words and discuss the topic at hand. I do not have time to read each and every post to find the instigator of this abusive behaviour but the who fired the first shot should himself know.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles