Terror Boat Incident: Parrikar caught in a controversy?

DingDong

Country flag
Then why did the Ultra Religious scum and his bhakts claim that the boat was blown up by the terrorists themselves ?
When it is us vs them (GOI vs a Foreign entity), it is our moral duty to stick with the Indian government version unless somebody is a closet Khalistani.

johnnyboy

Just claim that terror boat was occupied by "saffron" terrorists, and see how all this media criticism turn to praises. It will be accepted without any questions or proofs.

NSG_Blackcats

Member of The Month OCTOBER 2009
LeT planning infiltration, attacks on naval assets through sea route

Next time, MoD should take all media crew and few secularist on board so that we can see live telecast of any such operation in future. The reason - We have a BJP government so like Kargil there is high probability of secularist concluding any anti-terror related operation as BJP's operation :lol:

Remember!! They asked -Why Koteswar Roa was killed at point blank range? 1000 odd fake encounters took place in India in last decade as per NHRC. Only 8 odd probed that too in a particular state. Had CBI with them for 7 odd years, yet not able to prove anything.

They declared Batla house encounter as fake without waiting for any court verdict. When we had the court verdict, they want Judicial probe :p

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I was terribly amused at the ignorance that Pawan Verma and Manish Tiwari displayed in the discussion on the Coast Guard chap's, who was in an Administrative appointment, claim that he ordered the shooting of the Pakistani intrusive boat! It was obvious, even to the uniformed, that such a claim is but a misplaced and self aggrandising verbiage since a chap assigned for administration and welfare cannot under any circumstances take charge of an operation, which is the prerogative of the Operations people, who are accountable for operations.

And To imagine Pawan Verma, an ex IFS chap, would not know who calls the shot, the operations man or the administrative chap. It is like in the diplomatic milieu, a Cultural Attaché claiming that he manoeuvred a successful treaty with a foreign power and not the Ambassador. At best, the involvement of the Cultural Attaché would be to serve the tea.

And Manish Tiwari? He can be forgiven for all he can do is spout adjectives with little knowledge and substance. That is why he and Manu Singhvi, led to the defeat of the Congress Party hands down, since their crass stupid statements did not find resonance with the Nation at large being totally asinine, disjointed, puerile and ignorant, apart from deceitful aimed at pulling wool over the eyes.

NSG_Blackcats

Member of The Month OCTOBER 2009
I was terribly amused at the ignorance that Pawan Verma and Manish Tiwari displayed in the discussion on the Coast Guard chap's, who was in an Administrative appointment, claim that he ordered the shooting of the Pakistani intrusive boat! It was obvious, even to the uniformed, that such a claim is but a misplaced and self aggrandising verbiage since a chap assigned for administration and welfare cannot under any circumstances take charge of an operation, which is the prerogative of the Operations people, who are accountable for operations.

And To imagine Pawan Verma, an ex IFS chap, would not know who calls the shot, the operations man or the administrative chap. It is like in the diplomatic milieu, a Cultural Attaché claiming that he manoeuvred a successful treaty with a foreign power and not the Ambassador. At best, the involvement of the Cultural Attaché would be to serve the tea.

And Manish Tiwari? He can be forgiven for all he can do is spout adjectives with little knowledge and substance. That is why he and Manu Singhvi, led to the defeat of the Congress Party hands down, since their crass stupid statements did not find resonance with the Nation at large being totally asinine, disjointed, puerile and ignorant, apart from deceitful aimed at pulling wool over the eyes.
Sir, watched it on NDTV? What else you can expect apart from BJP/MODI bashing on this channel that too without any logic?

By the way both Manish Tiwari and Manu Singhvi are part of G-37 who are called on to every channel as experts. Basically these guys have expertise to speak on every dam thing on earth. I heard senior G-37 members are paid Rs 5000 as chai pani per episode.

sob

Mod
Country flag
I rarely agree with Arnab Goswami but he had a point which he lay across Mr.Manish Tiwari and this Pawan Verma joker, last night- Does the word of an administrative chappie carry more weight than the Chief of Cast Guard, The head of NSA and the RM.

Just because it suits the narrative laid down by section of the media and the loony left wing brigade, the words of a pompous officer boasting to his subordinates suddenly becomes the gospel truth.

Earlier it was the nincompoop Digvijay Singh in the case of 26/11 along with Antulay and now we have Manish Tiwaris and Pawan Vermas adding to the list.

In fact we there has been not even a whimper from the Pakistani establishment/non state actors following the operation. Their deafening silence proved that the boat and it's passengers were upto no good and were dealt a fitting reply by the ICG.

Compersion

Country flag
one can always have the boat blown off after it was set on fire by its own crew and who committed suicide because they were not able to face the kasab treatment (it was made into junk and useless fireband). it is a bit of ridicule if people think they can get the government to release what actually happened because they ask (without national security considerations). also why is this news keep on being relayed and replayed like their is problem in the chain of command.

but the guy in the video seems to be bit over enthusiastic. also he must be a little important if his wife is allowed such a ceremonial role. not sure if it might be procedural and done with other similar ranks also.

the curx and also the the message is clear that incoming vessels from pakis will be taken seriously and will be considered a threat and they do not respond and have other intelligent related signals and will be blown off if required (not sure if this is a new policy - since other states have used it also. also others have more stricter policy against the pakis). we do it when they cross the border anyway.

Last edited:

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
There are plenty of rats driven by their own selfish agenda, ready to sabotage even the national interest at any time.
They'll keep running its own narrative without an iota of evidence.

The DIG's 'I said this, I did that and kaboom; history was made" type of boasting over the incident didn't help either.

Well this serves as a good lesson to Services as well as Govt. Keep your mouth shut, eyes focussed and hands on deck.
If you start grandising or let things slip, there are too many people running their livelihood on chewing your flesh.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
When it is us vs them (GOI vs a Foreign entity), it is our moral duty to stick with the Indian government version unless somebody is a closet Khalistani.
I think many Hindus waste their time trying to win converts from anti national scum. Instead of doing that, they could use that time and energy to try spreading awareness among the Hindus and non anti nationals about these anti national scum.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Interesting.....Paki Neo and Singh are in sync here (you will find in house commies supporting Singh who is an erstwhile con-party supporter but chose to switch sides to AAP, when saw AAP giving a better challenge to 'Communal scums', he used to call IAC being infested by naxals during Anna movement when he was still supporting MMS' gory UPA govt., however to oppose Hindu scums he switched sides. Now he takes potshots at Raksha Mantry and Defense Ministry, closet anti-Hindu may be?)......In the end AAPtards, their secular / commie buddies and pakis are having a get together field day! Battle lines have been drawn way back, it's only when you can see through the filthy secular smoke screen you realize the gravity of the situation!

Last edited:

DingDong

Country flag
Interesting.....Paki Neo and Singh are in sync here (you will find in house commies supporting Singh who is an erstwhile con-party supporter but chose to switch sides to AAP, when saw AAP giving a better challenge to 'Communal scums', he used to call IAC being infested by naxals during Anna movement when he was still supporting MMS' gory UPA govt., however to oppose Hindu scums he switched sides. Now he takes potshots at Raksha Mantry and Defense Ministry, closet anti-Hindu may be?)......In the end AAPtards, their secular / commie buddies and pakis are having a get together field day! Battle lines have been drawn way back, it's only when you can see through the filthy secular smoke screen you realize the gravity of the situation!
They are greatly mistaken if they think that polarization like 2014 general election will never ever happen again. Going by the blogs and reports in foreign media, people were extremely angry with Obama after he preached us about "tolerance", even the less educated folks of India stand by the version of the Government when it boils down to "us vs them", only the "Global Citizens" and "Closet Separatists" tread a different path.

Under any circumstance, there is only one correct and true version in this case that is the GOI's version. Those media wh***s and the sickular liberals who have been peddling lies must be taught a good lesson.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Indian news agencies are worried if the Pakistanis were killed or did they die.

The first priority of defence ministry should be to ask PM Modi to get IB behind them and find out why are they so sensitive to the terrorists.

Once these channel's Chairmen/women are given a sound thrashing and go through 3rd degree interrogations, we will know the real picture.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Are you calling me a closet Khalistani ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
@hit&run my jibe
"Then why did the Ultra Religious scum and his bhakts claim that the boat was blown up by the terrorists themselves ? "

was squarely aimed at @Banglaroean who said this

"Was the boat a Paki boat? Did it refuse to heed warnings to stop?

If the answer to the above questions is yes, then good that it was blown up.

Secular scum are trying to gain mileage out of this."

==

My point is simple. Parrikar jumped the gun. His own guys leaked info to journalists and embarassed him. I have no sympathies for the dead Pakistanis, so there you go.

=
You are free to analyze why did I take a jab at @Bangalorean 's flame bait.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Then why did the Ultra Religious scum and his bhakts claim that the boat was blown up by the terrorists themselves ?
Are you sure that what was put out was bogus?

Are you aware how explosives get detonated?

Are you aware of the different shades of colour that each type of inflammable item give?

If not, I don't think one should speculate as if one is an authority.

I am not fully qualified in explosive, but I sure have a pretty good working knowledge.

Are you calling me a closet Khalistani ?
On your rhetorical question if you are closet Khalisthani, we are all well aware that you are not.

But without expertise, one should not comment and play into the hands of folks who are inimical to India and lap up negative comments with the hunger of a starving deprived soul.

Last edited:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Are you sure that what was put out was bogus?

Are you aware how explosives get detonated?

Are you aware of the different shades of colour that each type of inflammable item give?

If not, I don't think one should speculate as if one is an authority.

I am not fully qualified in explosive, but I sure have a pretty good working knowledge.

On your rhetorical question if you are closet Khalisthani, we are all well aware that you are not.

But without expertise, one should not comment and play into the hands of folks who are inimical to India and lap up negative comments with the hunger of a starving deprived soul.
I will start with your second part first :

I have been very tolerant of people abusing me but not anymore. I think me being tolerant to abuses directed at me, makes the members feel that we actually encourage such posts and this vitiates the atmosphere.

The said member @DingDong has to remedy this post before he is allowed to continue on this forum.

=

I am sure you are better explosives expert than all on this forum, but the issue at hand is this:

Parrikar claimed something. Various journalists, no doubt fed by their sources, punched some holes in Parrikar's narrative. Parrikar ended up contradicting himself several times.
And then came the DIG's shocker.
That the boat burnt for many hours is something we knew from day 1 but the issue is still murky.
DIG Loshali who was the Chief of Staff of NW Region of CG has today been removed by Def Min.

Now, is the aim of this controvery to help Pakistan, or keep a check on Parrikar, or done by a concerned patriot or some other power play at hand is a matter of speculation which I will not indulge in and we might never know.

As I have said I have no sympathies for the dead Pakistanis.

However, I feel that this whole episode could cause a massive Insitutional damage to the CG and also endanger the safety of our own fishermen trawling International waters.

If DIG lied then how was such an idiot allowed onto such a post, if he is telling the truth then he should be reinstated; we should not create an enviroment where promotions or demotions are given by licking the politicians feet.

Reactions: Neo

pkroyal

I agree with Singh that bum suckers have no place in higher defence establishment.

But so do loose canons !! what happens is we get so overtaken by events that "every Tom ,Dick, Harish wants to give a sound byte to the press.

Loshali had no business to go over his country's Defence Minister & propound a theory.

At times half truths are important as they are not complete lies but not complete truth either !.

Absolute grandstanding is not always possible in up keeping national interest.

Leave the job to the person having the best inputs from multiple sources ( in this case the Defence Minister)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles