Terror attacks in Belgium

Illusive

Country flag
Brussels Zaventem airport blasts cause casualties

The Belgian government has confirmed casualties but has given no numbers. The cause of the explosions is unknown.

Another explosion has now been reported at the Maelbeek metro station close to the EU institutions. The whole metro system has been closed.

The blasts come four days after the capture in Brussels of Salah Abdeslam, the main suspect in the jihadist attacks in Paris on 13 November 2015.

Belgium has now raised its terror threat to its highest level.

Illusive

Country flag
Le Soir confirms that terror alert level has been increased to the maximum of four.

Immanuel

Country flag
10 Confirmed dead and over 30 critically injured, the airport is about 3 km from my office. Very hectic morning, all highways leading to airport closed, Brussels on virtual lockdown including Metros. Quite surreal with plenty of ambulances rushing to the airport.

The bastards have struck again.

Immanuel

Country flag
13 dead, 35 injured, 2 explosions at Airport, 2 explosions at 2 Metro stations, Metro network closed.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
I am just observing their media and they are so united and this is what I am tweeting that, they are not like our media who starts criticising government and don't let do the crisis management.

Critics and blame game they have left for after the crisis.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
10 Confirmed dead and over 30 critically injured, the airport is about 3 km from my office. Very hectic morning, all highways leading to airport closed, Brussels on virtual lockdown including Metros. Quite surreal with plenty of ambulances rushing to the airport.

this will make them to rethink the schangen visa policy once again. As the influx from refugees has increased.

Illusive

Country flag

Hope you are safe and don't face racism after these attacks.

Nuvneet Kundu

Irish Times claims 23 confirmed dead and 35 injured, emergency has been announced and the entire country has been shut down.

A similar lockdown happened when they were hunting the Paris attack masterminds. Some irresponsible Twitter users shared photos of law enforcement officials which upset the administration because they apparently alerted the jihadists about the whereabouts of the raiding party. Following an advisory issued by their administration in the wake of these social media leaks, Belgians started tweeting pictures of cats to make sure any sensitive message got drowned in a sea of cat pics under the hashtag #BrusselsLockdown

Their conventional media and social media is very mature.

Nuvneet Kundu

BTW there is nothing called as 'Indian values' either Hindu or Dharmic values. :)

Terrorists with no religion by shouting allaha-ho-akbar just killed 17 and counting.
There is a rising clamor among people who are insisting that if muslims claim that terrorists have nothing to do with Islam then they should have no problem when we wrap every dead terrorist's body in pig skin and burn him on a Friday. I mean, if he's not muslim then it wouldn't matter to real muslims, amirite?

Immanuel

Country flag
Hope you are safe and don't face racism after these attacks.
11 dead at the airport, 15 dead at the Metro, toll still climbing.

Indians are largely well treated here, I have never really faced any form of racism.

I live in Antwerp, Brussels is a shit hole, the politicans, EU policies and negligence over decades has turned it into a bustling shit hole.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
terror attack confirmed by government of Belgium
21 dead , as per fire fighter who counted bodies and may rise

RIP, this is really sorrowful! That too Morning around 8 am. Wtf?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles