Tendulkar to retire from Test cricket

nrupatunga

Sachin Tendulkar to retire from Test cricket after 200 tests

In a BCCI release, Sachin Tendulkar, who announced his retirement today, said, "All my life, I have had a dream of playing cricket for India. I have been living this dream every day for the last 24 years. It's hard for me to imagine a life without playing cricket because it's all I have ever done since I was 11 years old. It's been a huge honour to have represented my country and played all over the world. I look forward to playing my 200th Test match on home soil, as I call it a day."

"I thank the BCCI for everything over the years and for permitting me to move on when my heart feels it's time. I thank my family for their patience and understanding. Most of all, I thank my fans and well-wishers who through their prayers and wishes have given me the strength to go out and perform at my best."
So a HUGELY succesfull career will come to an end soon. Once tendulkar retires, indian cricket would see a generational change.

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
I hope Sachin gets his 200th International wicket against West Indies, his last 2 Test's.

Free Karma

Wow! End of an era, in the true sense.

Remember the time when we could not imagine a team without sachin back in the nineties! Well done, wish him a happy retired life!

Wonder what he's going to do next.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Why should he retire?

He gave the impression that he still has many years to go.

Recently, he broke another record IIRC.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Wow! End of an era, in the true sense.

Remember the time when we could not imagine a team without sachin back in the nineties! Well done, wish him a happy retired life!

Wonder what he's going to do next.
He still has many years to go the endorsement route.

That brings in the real money!

ramakrishna

the day when He plays his last test innings will be a senti day for whole India and Cricket world ... You are the god of Cricket

kseeker

Retired
Why should he retire? He gave the impression that he still has many years to go..
It appears that, he has been pressurised by BCCI. Along with BCCI, Media is equally responsible for his departure.

Vishwarupa

Country flag
After cricket its politics for him.

Earlier BCCI was controlling him & now it will be MadamG.

But i liked his batting it was amazing.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
It appears that, he has been pressurised by BCCI. Along with BCCI, Media is equally responsible for his departure.
There was greater pressure before when he was not performing.

But he did not quit or allowed anyone to throw him out.

He said he will quit, when he wants to!

He knew he was a legend and no mortal had to guts to throw him out!

Why is he wanting to quit now?

As per him, he still has much cricket left in him.

He still has a great fan following.

I don't think he has stated he is done for.

Or has he?

I really don't know.

Last edited:

kseeker

Retired
After cricket its politics for him.

Earlier BCCI was controlling him & now it will be MadamG.
Absolutely !!!

Who knows, he might even contest for a MP seat from Khangress Ticket in upcoming elections !

sob

Mod
Country flag
He should have quit a long time back. I do not know why was he dragging on. The low point would be the 100th 100 against Bangladesh.

This time also BCCI has protected him from the SA pacers.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
He should have quit a long time back. I do not know why was he dragging on. The low point would be the 100th 100 against Bangladesh.

This time also BCCI has protected him from the SA pacers.
Are you suggesting that he is a bum and a selfish chap cashing on on his star power and his immense fan following?

I lost interest in cricket once I realised it was organised on betting and not reality.

And more so shocked Kapil Dev bowling repeated wides in his last game!

But if you chaps who are more conversant with the game as of now, say so, then I will go with you.

Yet, I will say BCCI is a den of looters!

sob

Mod
Country flag
@Ray sir,

It is very difficult for a star like Sachin to call it a day. Obviously he relies on his friends and advisors who may not have the guts to advise him otherwise.

For a Sachin fan it has been very painful to see him go on like this for the some time now. For reasons best know BCCI/the selection committee have just gone along. With a record like his for the last 12 -18 months any other player would have been sacked a long time back.

VVS Laxman comes to my mind who retired very gracefully and so did Rahul Dravid.

Dada despite retiring had to be pushed off from T 20

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
@Ray sir,

It is very difficult for a star like Sachin to call it a day. Obviously he relies on his friends and advisors who may not have the guts to advise him otherwise.

For a Sachin fan it has been very painful to see him go on like this for the some time now. For reasons best know BCCI/the selection committee have just gone along. With a record like his for the last 12 -18 months any other player would have been sacked a long time back.

VVS Laxman comes to my mind who retired very gracefully and so did Rahul Dravid.

Dada despite retiring had to be pushed off from T 20
Yes, one should have the grace to retire gracefully.

But some cannot stop since the allure of money is too strong.

I think it was Bal Thakaray who said Sachin is a victim of such a weakness.

He stated that Sachin never gave his personal fortunes for good causes as others did, and instead, signed a bat of no consequence to him personally, that was auctioned and the people paid the money and Sachin basked in the credit and glory at other peoples' expense!

Last edited by a moderator:

jmj_overlord

farewell to sachin.....may he perform well in his last test........our country truly owes him in the field of cricket

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Tears, respects, salutes as he announces this. What a player, what a legend. Cricket won't be the same again for a long time to come. Grew up watching every bit of his 24yrs. I remember his first test. I was in a train listening to commentary. I was 11 years old!

No matter what the world says, a true cricketing genius. I will miss his presence in the Indian Cricket Team.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
As a cricket there is no match.

As a human being, the jury is out.

Bilal

Good cricketer,overall and good human keep doing good works.

Neil

Country flag
and finally GOD of cricket retires... amazing journey ... i'd say...!

his every stroke kept viewers glued to their tv sets and opposing team on their toes and their captain biting their nails trying to figure how to send him back ... !!

legend has it if he played we should win and if he didnt rest of the boys followed him back to the pavilion one after another like a pack of cards falling down ... !!

sad day indeed ... but he broke another record ... a GOD retired...!!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles