Tejas SP-1 had its maiden flight

janme

Country flag
#BreakingNews Sources say that Tejas SP1 had its maiden flight today with a Hawk aircraft as chase. As this posts go live, SP-1 is still flying. (Update soon)

http://tarmak007.blogspot.in/2014/09/tejas-sp-1-maiden-flight.html?m=1

Sylex21

Can someone please explain what the SP1 means? I thought the Tejas had flown many other times before. Is this the final version or a new model or something? Is this still using the general dynamics engine or was the Indian one completed and installed?

sgarg

It is a relief, honestly. I was beginning to worry.

These planes need to be flown by IAF fighter pilots so that operational procedures and infrastructure can be established.

It is important that IAF receives these planes quickly.

Kranthi

Can someone please explain what the SP1 means? I thought the Tejas had flown many other times before. Is this the final version or a new model or something? Is this still using the general dynamics engine or was the Indian one completed and installed?
Hehehe... Chill dude.. this is no secret hidden from you.
Well nothing new in it.. Only the jet is new. SP means series production. This is the first of the 20 planes ordered by IAF. These jets will be built to IOC-2 (Initial Operational Clearance 2) standards.. and will later be upgraded to FOC (Final Operational Clearance) standards.

Last edited:

power_monger

Country flag
Kranthi,

You dont understand it.SP is a better plan then IOC prototypes as production techniques are better.Now you will also see Envelope being opened and jet will be tested for various untested paramters.I heard AOA of fighter is reaching near 26.An AOA of 28 will be as good as any other fighter jet.

pmaitra

General Electric makes the jet turbines.
General Dynamics makes submarines.

:)

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
Great news, any more info\ pics available?
It is a relief, honestly. I was beginning to worry.

These planes need to be flown by IAF fighter pilots so that operational procedures and infrastructure can be established.

It is important that IAF receives these planes quickly.
Hehehe... Chill dude.. this is no secret hidden from you.
Well nothing new in it.. Only the jet is new. SP means series production. This is the first of the 20 planes ordered by IAF. These jets will be built to IOC-2 (Initial Operational Clearance 2) standards.. and will later be upgraded to FOC (Final Operational Clearance) standards.
Kranthi,

You dont understand it.SP is a better plan then IOC prototypes as production techniques are better.Now you will also see Envelope being opened and jet will be tested for various untested paramters.I heard AOA of fighter is reaching near 26.An AOA of 28 will be as good as any other fighter jet.
General Electric makes the jet turbines.
General Dynamics makes submarines.

:)
FYI

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/indian-air-force/43717-ada-lca-tejas-iv-234.html#post951829

Post 3502 has some pics.... FYI

praneet.bajpaie

SP1 is the Series Production 1, i.e., produced in a Series. This is the aircraft which will be inducted.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles