Targets inside India 'identified' if attacked: ISI chief

S.A.T.A

While prima facie these nervous statements from Pakistan's ISI chief,their US ambassador,all might be just posturing in the wake of the Abbottabad embarrassment,i'm wondering if thee is anything more to this.The Indian service chiefs of the army and the air force have gone on record stating that Indian retained the capability to carryout similar operation against terrorists wanted by Indian harbored by and in Pakistan.This would indicate that the decision not to carryout out putative strikes,was matter of Indian govt worried about factors other than the military viability of such operation.

Whatever those factors are,it seems that the armed forces are none too happy with the indian govt's faith in negotiating with Pakistan over the bringing to a 'real trial' these dreaded terrorists.Its possible there is an increased pressure on the Indian govt to deliberate a similar operation,from the defense community.

debasree

Country flag
the guy is under lot of pressure,so he is totally out of his mind ,better the pak authorities send mr pasha in a mental assylum.

Dark_Prince

LOL how shameless failed state pakistanis are.....they could not protect Osama Bil Laden in a Military Garrison with over 5000 troops from 25 US spl. op. guys and they have done dress rehearsal....yeah sure this time for being a nuclear wasteland! :D

It really amazes me how these sold out mercenary Dollar army of pakistan and its isi can make ridiculous statements for public consumption? The pakistani masses ought to be really dumb and bigoted not to understand or gauge how the military of failed state pakistan sells them each day for Dollars from USA.....no doubt pakistan is shameless bankrupt failed state!:)

Rage

DFI TEAM
Wow ! Was the policy changed or it was like that only ?
I don't think it's changed policy. It remains a statement by an Indian official, a pretty high one actually, NSA Shiv Shankar Menon to students at the NDC in June of 2010, but with no formal backing or official corroboration at all. On the other hand, there is strong evidence to suggest a doctrinal shift, in the sense that the documentary summary release of the 2003 nuclear doctrine specifically stated 'non-use of nuclear weapons against non-nuclear states'. Like Israel, there seems to be now some intent to keep nuclear ambiguity.

Last edited:

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Now where is Mani Shankar Iyer who was so rude and making ad hominem attacks on Indian COAS with allegations of jeopardising peace tempo his brilliant Govt. has made by surrendering Mumbai as an outdated issue. Where is his love and concern for would be Indian this terrorist organization's head will target/attack inside India; like he was having for his beloved Pakistanis.

PS: Has Mango season kicked in?..I reckon MMS should send few 'tokaries' to make them less blunt for sake of one sided summer romance GoI having.

Last edited:

SpArK

SORCERER
Oh yes. The guy who cant identify the one who is hiding inside his closet when he leaves his house is talking about identifying the shades of the store room of the neighbor.

ganesh177

Country flag
When india says targets in pakistan are identified those are mostly terrorists camps or individual terrorists.

I am more interested to know what targets are identified in india ?

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
this is another bluff statement aimed at diverting the attention.it is mainly aimed at domestic audience to gain some self pride in the backdrdop of the big embarresment on may1.the whole world is laughing at how us made a mockery of pakistani air defence architecture.everyone knows that we have humiliated them 4 times since 1947 and will continue to do so whenever there is conflict with them.

Country flag
One bluff after another first nuclear bluffs and now terrorism bluffs, atleast they are proving that terrorism is a state policy.

SpArK

SORCERER
When india says targets in pakistan are identified those are mostly terrorists camps or individual terrorists.

Agra, Goa, shimla, Kerala, Andamans ..perhaps.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Places of Worship
Hotels
Railway Stations
Army family quarters
Parliament
IPL
Busy Market places

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
PS: Has Mango season kicked in?..I reckon MMS should send few 'tokaries' to make them less blunt for sake of one sided summer romance GoI having.
Oh yeah, mango season has started. Hafooz wanted! Down south we get south indian hafooz better known as badami. The bloody rains are threatening all crop.

SHASH2K2

Pakistan is already under pressure from whole western world for alleged involvement with terrorists . Now this statement from ISI chief . Looks like he believe in hum to dubenge ISI ko le dubenge.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
If wankers were so competent then why would they bring up nukes in every scenario ?

I'll tell you why because in every scenario they would get a massive thrashing in a conventional war. In a nuclear war they might throw a couple of punches but would then get wiped off the map.

This is useless barking for domestic consumption in land of delusion.

pmaitra

NFU is only against "non nuclear armed" nations, not against the nuclear armed nations.
I think India NFU policy is for all countries, regardless of whether they posses nukes or not.

Here are some links and none specify any distinction between N-states and non-N-states:
MEA - Ministry of External Affairs *
MEA - Ministry of External Affairs
http://www.mea.gov.in/meaxpsite/others/01cv01.pdf

* - Note:
46. Despite a complex regional and global environment, India's policies have been marked by a sense of responsibility and restraint. We have been one of the earliest proponents of nuclear disarmament. Even as a nuclear weapon state, India remains steadfast in its support for the global, universal and non-discriminatory elimination of all nuclear weapons. India has a policy of no first use of nuclear weapons and their non-use against non-nuclear weapon states and we support enshrining them into global legal arrangements. Terrorists gaining access to WMDs has emerged as a major threat for our national security as well as globally. We remain engaged with the international community through participation in initiatives like the Nuclear Security Summit and the Global Initiative in order to combat nuclear terrorism to address these challenges.
I have highlighted 3 sentences in a compound sentence. This, to my understanding means:
  • India will not be the first one to use nuclear weapons. That's it. It does not mention whether the enemy state has nukes or not.
  • India will not use nuclear weapons against a non-Nuclear state. Obviously. If India is nuked, it will only be by one who has nukes and India can return the favour.
  • India favours making a NFU policy legally binding on a global basis.

New Thread Opened: India's No First Use (on Nuclear Weapons) Policy Change

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles