Tallest buildings in India

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Wanted to start a thread about the tallest buildings in India. Looks like Mumbai going to explode skywards because its genuinely a land locked city with a lot of wealth with no wear to go but up! Ambanis house is actually more expensive than the Burj Khalifa in Dubai which costs 1.2 billion USD while Mukeshs home costs a cool 1.8$ billion USD! He could have easily made it far taller than Burj Khalifa but instead made a lavish and insanely luxurious house, which is the most expensive home ever built and probably ever to be built.

The new ideas in the Horizone like India towers are quite breath takeing in Size and there are plenty in the pipeline which would make Mumbai a sky scarper haven.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tallest_buildings_in_Mumbai

India Towers

World One

Last edited:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Does anyone know if the India Towers building is a real project?

Param

I just hate the ultra rich building towers when millions rot in poverty in neighboring slums. Btw I don't think really tall buildings suit India .Imagine if something goes really wrong like a fire in a highrise, do we have the necessary equipment and trained personnel in large numbers?

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
I just hate the ultra rich building towers when millions rot in poverty in neighboring slums. Btw I don't think really tall buildings suit India .Imagine if something goes really wrong like a fire in a highrise, do we have the necessary equipment and trained personnel in large numbers?
Lets not be Hypocrites at the end of the day most people here are sitting in an Apartment and typing their anti-apartments rants! :D

Mumbai high rises are more of an necessity than an luxury, they dont have enough land to spread out like Delhi,Bangalore or some other places. You dont want the slums to go at the same time we dont want apartments to come up, lets all stay in slow deterioration of Gandhi values and increase the poor.

Param

Lets not be Hypocrites at the end of the day most people here are sitting in an Apartment and typing their anti-apartments rants! :D

Mumbai high rises are more of an necessity than an luxury, they dont have enough land to spread out like Delhi,Bangalore or some other places. You dont want the slums to go at the same time we dont want apartments to come up, lets all stay in slow deterioration of Gandhi values and increase the poor.
My apartment is a necessity unlike apartments of billionaires. Btw I meant that extremely tall buildings would not suit India.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
My apartment is a necessity unlike apartments of billionaires. Btw I meant that extremely tall buildings would not suit India.
We are not talking of India but just Mumbai and neither are we talking of Mukesh Ambanis Antilla. Tall buildings bring down the cost of living and give good value to the plot not to mention you can house more people in less land. Indias population explosion requires some rethinking. We need tall housing apartment which take up less land for the poor instead of vast sprawling Slums.

amitkriit

Delhi lies in Earthquake-prone zone, so I would not like to see many high-rise buildings coming up here. Besides, destabilizing of soil due to unchecked withdrawal of ground-water might spell doom on one of these buildings in future, even if some dreamer builds one. I will never go to live or work inside one of them.

Last edited:

Param

We are not talking of India but just Mumbai and neither are we talking of Mukesh Ambanis Antilla. Tall buildings bring down the cost of living and give good value to the plot not to mention you can house more people in less land. Indias population explosion requires some rethinking. We need tall housing apartment which take up less land for the poor instead of vast sprawling Slums.
Dude I understand your noble idea but those two pictures do not look like a solution to the problem of slums. Those look more like landmarks.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Delhi lies in Earthquake-prone zone, so I would not like to see many high-rise buildings coming up here. Besides, destabilizing of soil due to unchecked withdrawal of ground-water might spell doom on one of these buildings in future, even if some dreamer builds one. I wuill never go to live or work in one of them.
Dude high raises are built to with stand earthquakes and Storms, only thing you should be concerned about is those illegal structures which keep falling apart after every rains?

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
GIFT (Gujarat International Finance Tech-City), Narendra Modi's pet-project. Upcoming building in Surat. Since Surat houses the diamond-cutting industry, the building is shaped like one to keep up with the theme. Modi wants a huge chunk of the world's diamond trade cartels to move to Surat.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
looks nice but Surat!!! I did not expect a town like Surat to have an Sky Scraper. Its not even a city like Ahmadabad.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
looks nice but Surat!!! I did not expect a town like Surat to have an Sky Scraper. Its not even a city like Ahmadabad.
Surat already has one of the highest rated municipal corporations in the country. It's a small city, but there's enough wealth concentrated there to let the city build its own skyline.

And like I said, Modi plans to attract all segments of the diamond-trade industry to Surat, since it already has its most vital segment (diamond cutting).

plugwater

Does anyone know if the India Towers building is a real project?
yes GK they are building it. DB realty is the developer, with the arrests of key persons in that group i doubt they ll finish this project.

Construction picture

Last edited:

Cutting Edge 2

Space Power
Mumbai to get building taller than Burj Khalifa, road bigger than Marine Drive

A structure taller than Dubai’s iconic 163-floor Burj Khalifa with a green boulevard bigger than Mumbai’s Marine Drive will form part of a new eastern waterfront to be developed on a wasteland in the country’s financial capital.

These grand plans are part of a dream project of Nitin Gadkari, the union minister for shipping, road transport and highways, who sees the Mumbai Port Trust as the “richest landlord” of the city and wants to give a makeover to its huge swathes of industrial wasteland.

“In Mumbai, we are the number one landlord. The iconic Taj Hotel, the Ballard Estate, the Reliance building, we (MbPT) are the owners. There are beautiful plans to develop the huge land with the port,” Gadkari told PTI.

The plans are ready and we are awaiting Centre’s nod, the Minister said.

“We are not giving our land to the builders and investors. We have plans to develop the area...We are making a green, smart road, three times bigger than the Marine Drive. We plan historic landmark bigger than Burj Khalifa. The plan is ready, we are waiting for the approval from the Cabinet,” Gadkari said.

The proposed projects also include creation of spaces for community recreation and engagement, maritime museum, marinas etc

MbPT, which was earlier called the Bombay Port Trust, is one of the largest public land holders in Mumbai city and has been operating the port since 1873. It is one of the top 12 major ports in the country.

“About 500 hectares is proposed to be developed with a mix of port operations, business, office, commercial, retail, entertainment, community projects and convention centres, etc,” a top official said.

A key feature of the plan is a 7-km long marine drive between Mazagaon Docks and Wadala, much bigger than the existing Marine Drive.

The proposed projects also include creation of spaces for community recreation and engagement, maritime museum, marinas etc.

Mumbai port has already invited global tender from consulting firms for master plan and infrastructure design of the port. The Centre had earlier set up a committee under the chairmanship of R Jadhav for preparing a roadmap for development of Port’s waterfront and land, which has already been submitted to the ministry of shipping.

Mumbai sea front will also have a statue of the Hindu warrior king Chhatrapati Shivaji,. It will be built at the cost of Rs 3600 crore and Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone for this in December 2016.

At 190 metres, it will be twice the height of America’s Statue of Liberty and almost 40 metres taller than the world’s current tallest memorial -- a statue of Buddha in China.

Gadkari said the shipping ministry has plans to develop other ports too. “We are planning development of Kolkata port. We are also making smart city at Kandla port,” he said.

The minister said there was no paucity of resources nor land as there is “one lakh hectares of land” among ports and the government has already come up with ambitious Rs 14 lakh crore Sagarmala project for port-led development of the country. Major ports in India have between them 2.64 lakh acres of land.

A blueprint for utilisation of land available with 12 major ports was underway while consultants are also in the process of submitting a report on how to utilise 1.98 lakh acres of submerged land with ports.

India’s 12 major ports handle approximately 61 per cent of the country’s total cargo traffic.

The roadmap for port land assumes significance, given a CAG report which observed that major ports had failed to utilise close to half of the total land under their possession.

“Land measuring 22,949.82 acres was identified for future activities by ports while 13,045.56 acres were yet to be earmarked for any future activity,” the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG) had said in a report.

According to the audit report on ‘Land Management in Major Ports’, out of the total land holding of 77,191.14 acres, title deeds were not available for 34,943.41 acres representing 45.27 per cent of the total land portfolio.

The 12 major ports are Kandla, Mumbai, JNPT, Marmugao, New Mangalore, Cochin, Chennai, Ennore, VO Chidambarnar, Visakhapatnam, Paradip and Kolkata (including Haldia).

The cabinet last year had approved a policy for award of waterfront and associated land to port dependent industries in major ports.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/mumba...ive-gadkari/story-ajsmMsEyrVCozTrzo8EOkK.html

Global Defence

New threads

Articles