Taiwan in live-fire missile tests

sandeepdg

Yeah, they are anyway siting ducks against the might of PLAAF !

sandeepdg

Thank you, now I found the second reason why Taiwan is not buying new weapons from France: quality
looks like French weapon has worse quality than that of US, and also has unreasonable high price.
Please make sense with what you are trying to convey !! Don't post for the sake of it. Why are you arrive the French into this ? He is only talking about the poor performance of the American missiles.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
And the same involvement must be the reason that Taiwan is not buying any new weapons from France, :balle:
Actually the frigate scandal is why Taiwan doesn't buy. They want us to refund $1 billion off the deal because of their own corrupt officials. Needless to say we won't pay that much. I wouldn't mind coming to a lower figure and get back to business.

JayATL

This is the second time in a row US missiles sold to Taiwan have failed in large numbers. Made in US is turning synonymous with "Made in China."
they were past their expiration period... :D

redragon

Country flag
Actually the frigate scandal is why Taiwan doesn't buy. They want us to refund $1 billion off the deal because of their own corrupt officials. Needless to say we won't pay that much. I wouldn't mind coming to a lower figure and get back to business.
That was the third reason I want to mention: corrupted French.
and you guys tried to pass that corruption to Taiwan.
or because French is too stupid to do a good job in bribing, now Taiwan military boss are so afraid of dealing with French, because they know the chances to get caught is much higher than that of dealing with Yankees, LOL

redragon

Country flag
Please make sense with what you are trying to convey !! Don't post for the sake of it. Why are you arrive the French into this ? He is only talking about the poor performance of the American missiles.
Don't you think what I deduced make sense? Let me show you the logic below:

American weapons sucks(according to Armand and the poor performance)
+
Taiwanese has not bought any french weapons in the past 10 years
=French Weapons are worse or charging unreasonble prices
isn't that very easy to understand? And you are welcome.

redragon

Country flag
Taiwan should ask India for BrahMos and India should be more than happy to supply them with it, in this way live tests could be conducted near the territory for which it is actually meant. BrahMos won't disappoint, i am sure.
To be honest, I would love India to take the initiative very much, please urge GOI take action as soon as possible.

chex3009

Country flag
To be honest, I would love India to take the initiative very much, please urge GOI take action as soon as possible.
Sorry mate, policy makings are not in my hand, its decided by MoD and GoI, so you would be disappointed there.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Seriously guys any talk here of selling prithvi and Agni is highly immature and fanboyish. Taiwan and india don't have any good military relations. We don't have that good diplomatic relations either. People think before posting. Taiwan has more better options in the west and even they don't sell ballistic missiles.

chex3009

Country flag
Seriously guys any talk here of selling prithvi and Agni is highly immature and fanboyish. Taiwan and india don't have any good military relations. We don't have that good diplomatic relations either. People think before posting. Taiwan has more better options in the west and even they don't sell ballistic missiles.
Nothing serious, just giving them taste of their own flavour. Don't read much in it.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Nothing serious, just giving them taste of their own flavour. Don't read much in it.
Don't read much into it?? So some lose talk only over here without any thought. We are not joking over here but are here to in our capacity discuss serious issues. And they ain't jokes.

Country flag
Taiwan being under USA's nuclear umbrella does not need to buy ballistic missiles ,they are guaranteed to get everything they need and more by USA in any conflict with China. If the conflict is going bad for Taiwan USA will get directly involved against China.

Country flag
So you are sure there will be a war between USA and China for that matter, USA will fight for Taiwan.
Why would USA change a 60 year old policy after spending trillions to preserve it?What message would that send about US credibility to our Pacific allies?

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
That was the third reason I want to mention: corrupted French.
and you guys tried to pass that corruption to Taiwan.
or because French is too stupid to do a good job in bribing, now Taiwan military boss are so afraid of dealing with French, because they know the chances to get caught is much higher than that of dealing with Yankees, LOL
You haven't supplied a first reason yet. Paying a bribe does not make them corrupt. It is the recipient who is committing the corrupt act. It is the intent of the payer to corrupt the payee that makes it illegal. The Taiwan military was corrupt to the core by murdering the whistleblower and covering up the investigation. Pay-offs are part of doing business in arms trade, it was the ROC officers that let it get out of hand. Coming from China, you are not really one to be pointing fingers at corruption when 240,000 officials have been investigated in 2003-09.

redragon

Country flag
You haven't supplied a first reason yet. Paying a bribe does not make them corrupt. It is the recipient who is committing the corrupt act. It is the intent of the payer to corrupt the payee that makes it illegal. The Taiwan military was corrupt to the core by murdering the whistleblower and covering up the investigation. Pay-offs are part of doing business in arms trade, it was the ROC officers that let it get out of hand. Coming from China, you are not really one to be pointing fingers at corruption when 240,000 officials have been investigated in 2003-09.
You admitted that French did bribe and still stating French is not corrupted, it's always somebody else's fault, are you out of your mind? you are not a decent people, you can tell a lie with straight face

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles