Taiwan allows Dalai Lama to visit typhoon victims

ZOOM

Founding Member
I am sure that your illusion could not reach its reality ever.
Tibet being a part of China is the truth that accepted and respected by almost 99% countries in the world including India.

Dalai Lama is a leader of religion but not political instigator. But in the recent years, his behavior and speach in the public disappointing Chinese people and government very much.

The odds are that Dalai wanna rise his personal international political reputation or he must be crazy.
Oh, so Dalai's speech and Behaviour is creating some sort of disappointment for Chinese people and according to you he is upholding his reputation and he must be crazy. So can you tell me what kind of unease is he creating among chinese people and its government? Is such unease related to stomach, brain, chest or some other organ has some troubles with Dalai's speech?

ZOOM

Founding Member
How many times should we reiterate that Taiwan and Tibet are integral parts of China? Maybe i should remind you that Inida government - the democratic government which represents the Inidan people, admits that fact. Then what the hell are you doing here? you want free tibet, free taiwan?
My indian friends, pls leave us alone, mind your own business, trust me, all the problems China are dealing with are happening in India, too.
Oh so Taiwan has become integral part of china? so according to you, Taiwan must be hoisting Chinese flag on this soil? why does't we are seeing the same?

At the same time, please tell me date, time and day when India has conceded Taiwan as an integral part of china?

And yes, don't tell us to mind our business, if you are so mindful of that fact then go and tell your CCP government to please refrain from interfering in our Arunchal pradesh and stoping shouting bitter venom on International platform like Asian Development bank where china had tried to stalled India's attempt to borrow $60 million for a development project in Arunchal. First have a relook at yourself right in front of mirror then come and tell us what should we mindful of.

shankarosky

just another provocative gesture from taiwan towards PRC - make china more determined than ever to take back the country and they will some day

Koji

Dalai Lama in Taipei as nephew says 'gag order' imposed
Dalai Lama in Taipei as nephew says 'gag order' imposed - Yahoo! News

AFP – Exiled Tibetan leader the Dalai Lama arrives at Taipei train station. The Dalai Lama arrived in Taiwan's …
Play VideoTibet Video:Dalai Lama meets Taiwan Cardinal Reuters
Play VideoTibet Video:Hotel creates Dalai Lama Latte Reuters
Play VideoTibet Video:Dalai Lama speaks to typhoon victims Reuters
by Amber Wang – 28 mins ago
TAIPEI (AFP) – The Dalai Lama arrived Wednesday in Taiwan's capital Taipei, as his nephew said the island's government had put a "gag order" on Tibet's exiled religious leader due to fears over China's reaction.
The Dalai Lama travelled on a high-speed train from the southern city of Kaohsiung after two days focused on the plight of communities devastated by last month's Typhoon Morakot.
The Dalai Lama's nephew, Khedroob Thondup, told AFP that Taiwan had directly requested the tour be kept low-profile.
"They put a gag order on him. Before he left India he was told not to say anything political and to curtail his activities," said Thondup, also a member of the Tibetan parliament-in-exile in India.
"This was conveyed to our office in New Delhi. He was told to cut down even religious activities. This is all because of pressure from Beijing," he said by telephone from India.
A Taiwan government official denied a gag order existed, saying the Dalai Lama's schedule was arranged by the foundation that represents the Tibetan spiritual leader on the island.
"The Dalai Lama's schedule in Taiwan is decided by his foundation, and the government fully respects its decision," Wang Yu-chi, spokesman for President Ma Ying-jeou, told AFP.
The Dalai Lama's five-day visit has triggered strong reactions from Beijing, which considers him a "splittist" fighting for Tibetan independence, in turn causing the island's leaders to worry publicly about the impact on China ties.
"The coming few days will be extremely crucial," said Wu Poh-hsiung, chairman of the ruling Kuomintang (KMT) party, according to the Taipei-based China Times newspaper.
China sees both Tibet and Taiwan as inalienable parts of its territory, and the fact that he is now touring the island, which has governed itself since 1949, is an extra source of ire in Beijing.
"We have a typhoon blowing from Beijing," an unnamed KMT official said, according to the China Post newspaper Wednesday.
The official said a planned economic cooperation framework agreement, widely seen as the first step towards a free-trade pact with China, could be delayed because of the Dalai Lama's visit, "to the detriment of Taiwan".
The Taiwan government said earlier that China had cancelled various delegations to the island, including one led by a Chinese deputy central bank governor.
As the Dalai Lama arrived at the Howard Plaza Hotel in Taipei, about 100 protesters favouring Taiwan's reunification with China were waiting for him.
"The Chinese come to help, the Dalai Lama comes to make trouble," they chanted. They were waving posters saying "Taiwan, Tibet are both part of China."
At least one demonstrator was carried off by police after a scuffle with officers before the Dalai Lama's arrival.
Organisers said the Tibetan spiritual leader would spend most of Thursday at his hotel meeting Buddhist groups.
A mass appearance Thursday at a stadium with a capacity for thousands in Taoyuan, a city near Taipei, had been called off, according to Taiwan's Dalai Lama foundation.
This followed other cancellations earlier in the week, including an eagerly awaited press conference Monday, which was scrapped after a senior KMT official voiced fears that questions embarrassing to China might emerge.
Amid attempts to keep the visit discreet, the KMT government has repeatedly stressed the need to focus on comforting victims of Typhoon Morakot, which killed at least 609 people.
"If the Dalai Lama's visit to Taiwan is confined to the religious and humanitarian level and aimed at consoling the souls of the victims, there's no big problem," Premier Liu Chao-shiuan said, according to the China Times.

Member of The Month SEPTEMBER 2009
No surprises there the KMT has been working toward greater engagement with China as well as supporting re-unification.Their concerns about economic ties with China will take precedence over the Dalai Lama.

IBRIS

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
China is irritated by the Dalai Lama's visit to Taiwan. It was wooried about about co-operation between the independence force of Taiwan and Tibet. China is not convinced that the Dalai Lama's visit was simply a religious visit. Taiwan government, especially President, reportedly supported heartedly but decided to not meet Dalai Lama. Even the meetings between the Dalai Lama and other high officials as well as the D.P.P. Leaders. In March 1997 during Dalai Lama's visit to Taipei, Taiwan also quietly gave approval for Tibetan government in exile to set up an office in Taipei. Dalai Lama while in Taiwan gave public support to Taiwan's democracy, thus giving his religious tour to help typhoon victims.
The Dalai Lama's visit was intepreted by beijing as an ecouragement to Pro-Taiwan independence forces. It did not simply project Taiwan's international image but one which was as distinct as Tibet, one that was fighting for democracy and freedom just like Indian democracy, and one that was fighting against being reunified by beijing CCP government.

yuebaili

How many times should we reiterate that Taiwan and Tibet are integral parts of China?
你们把中共宣传重复多少次没关系。西方人不是被洗脑的机器人。我们有独立思想能力。为什么不问台湾和 西藏人民的意见?

It does not matter how many times you reiterate communist propaganda. Westerners are not brainwashed robots. We are able to think independently. Why not ask the Taiwanese and the Tibetans what they want?

xebex

its kinda funny to that China is tracing Dalai Lama when where ever he goes, i wonder if they have any spies inside Dharmasala.

stuka

Oh, so Dalai's speech and Behaviour is creating some sort of disappointment for Chinese people and according to you he is upholding his reputation and he must be crazy. So can you tell me what kind of unease is he creating among chinese people and its government? Is such unease related to stomach, brain, chest or some other organ has some troubles with Dalai's speech?

In chinese government and people's opinion, Dalai is a religion leader but not a political leader in Tibet.
I think that as being a example of democracy country, India will support China that Dalai is not the political leader.
But Dalai still wanna show his repution and political influence, Tibet is part of China historically and people living in Tibet has upgraded and improved their living standard since their liberation from religion dictator.

regards to the idea of dividing India, this is ridiculous!!!
For the integrity and prosperity of India is also good for China.

stuka

It does not matter how many times you reiterate communist propaganda. Westerners are not brainwashed robots. We are able to think independently. Why not ask the Taiwanese and the Tibetans what they want?
那你亲身去台湾西藏过吗?亲身和他们交谈过这个话题吗?没有就闭嘴,如果只听媒体,你也只能算是被媒体洗脑的机器!

Have u ever went to Taiwan or Tibet to talk about this topic to the people in there? If you have not, please shut your mounth up! Listen to western mass media, then you repeat what they said to you, so you are becoming a brainwashed robot by western media.

Seeing is believing!

IBRIS

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The Indian government has made solemn commitments on several occasions that (it) does not allow any activities on its soil aimed at dividing China. for example India did it's best to get the torch of communist china to go around the world from it's terretory without disspleasing chinese communist government. When it comes to china they want to devide India into 30+ different countries....73-year-old Dalai Lama has convened a six-day meeting to determine the future direction of his quest for ‘genuine autonomy’ for his Himalayan homeland under Chinese sovereignty. Great importance is being attached to the meeting as this is only the fourth occasion after 1951,1959, 1997 and 2009 that such a conclave of Tibetans to be held.

Jagdpanther

The Tibetans were too much involved in the religious virtue and did not have a consulate in any country other than India. They had a pact with the Chinese that they would not offend the Tibet region and would secure it. When the Chinese forces marched in to Tibet, they did not have anyone to oppose them except some rebel monks who decided not to part with the Chinese.

India protested but did not intervene militarily, if we would have done we would not have any border tensions between us and china. As Tibet would have been an independent country and peaceful place to live in.

Dalai Lama is a great soul, Taiwan is doing nothing wrong in respecting and welcoming him.

I am sure that one day Tibet will be once again become a Independent Nation.

I can ensure you that you will never see the day come unless China collapse.

IBRIS

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Beijing and New Delhi have adopted a pragmatic approach to manage there differences and seeking ways to broaden areas as of common interest, serious obstacles reamain in establishing an amicable and cooperative relationship. However, the two countries' efforts to normalize relations have reduced, though not entirely eliminated, the prospects of an open-ended conflict. Although India's relation with Unite Nations is asymmetreical-with India enjoying permanent membership, eventhough china and pakistan opposed the edict.

Jagdpanther

So,from your point of view, when a group of people who lives in a certain region of a country want their own independence, the other countries should show their support to those guys. You must think that's the logical and reasonable behavior,and that is why you support the independence of Tibet & Taiwan.

But what about the ETA in Spain or IRA in UK? They also want their own "independence",why don't you back them up?

Member of The Month SEPTEMBER 2009
Dalai Lama meets Tibetans in Taiwan

Taipei: The Dalai Lama met today with Taiwan-based Tibetans as a survey showed widespread support for his visit despite anger in China, which sees him as bent on independence for his Himalayan homeland.
Hundreds of followers crowded the lobby of the Howard Plaza Hotel in downtown Taipei while waiting their turn to be brought face-to-face with the exiled spiritual leader.

The Dalai Lama, who is seen by China as a dangerous separatist bent on Tibetan independence, has said repeatedly his aim is to provide consolation after Typhoon Morakot, which hit Taiwan last month, killing at least 613.

"He has no plans to meet with political figures," said Dawa Tsering, chairman of the Tibet Religious Foundation of the Dalai Lama in Taiwan, which is organising the trip.

"The purpose of the Dalai Lama's visit is to comfort typhoon victims and to visit Buddhist faithful and Tibetan people in Taiwan," he said.

China has announced twice it opposes the Dalai Lama's visit to Taiwan, an island which Beijing claims as its own although it has governed itself for six decades. The Chinese government has further signalled its displeasure by cancelling several official delegations to Taiwan.

In an apparent bid to avoid upsetting China, Taiwan President Ma Ying-jeou and several other ranking members of the ruling Beijing-friendly Kuomintang party have said they have no plans to meet the Dalai Lama.

Bureau Report
Dalai Lama meets Tibetans in Taiwan

yuebaili

So,from your point of view, when a group of people who lives in a certain region of a country want their own independence, the other countries should show their support to those guys. You must think that's the logical and reasonable behavior,and that is why you support the independence of Tibet & Taiwan.

But what about the ETA in Spain or IRA in UK? They also want their own "independence",why don't you back them up?
Neither ETA nor IRA represent the majority in their regions. As there have been democratic elections there, we can know that.
Taiwan has also regular democratic elections.

But China controls Tibet. So democratic elections are not allowed. I can just guess. But I guess that CCP does not dare to let the Tibetans express their opinions in democratic elections.

badguy2000

Respected Member
Neither ETA nor IRA represent the majority in their regions. As there have been democratic elections there, we can know that.
Taiwan has also regular democratic elections.

But China controls Tibet. So democratic elections are not allowed. I can just guess. But I guess that CCP does not dare to let the Tibetans express their opinions in democratic elections.
then, why did Lincoln suppressed the elected the Confederate of America?

yuebaili

那你亲身去台湾西藏过吗?亲身和他们交谈过这个话题吗?没有就闭嘴,如果只听媒体,你也只能算是被媒体洗脑的机器!

Have u ever went to Taiwan or Tibet to talk about this topic to the people in there? If you have not, please shut your mounth up! Listen to western mass media, then you repeat what they said to you, so you are becoming a brainwashed robot by western media.

Seeing is believing!
我没去过台湾。也没去过西藏。如果我去,我也没办法问每一个人的意见。所以我听不同媒体,不同别的报告之后做自己的结论。
台湾有民主选举。按照我所理解基本上没有支持共产党的投票。你说对不对?
西藏没有民主选举。所以我们只可以猜想。

I have not been to Taiwan or Xinjiang. And even if I went there I would have no chance to ask everyone about their opinion. So I rely on different media and different other reports and then I draw my own conclusions.
Taiwan has democratic elections. As far as I understand there are just about no voters supporting the communists. Right?
Tibet has no democratic elections. So we can only guess.

yuebaili

then, why did Lincoln suppressed the elected the Confederate of America?
He had probably several motives. How can I know?

But as far as i understand the Confederate of America was not democratically elected. At least the slaves were not allowed to vote. I don´t know about women.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles