Syrian T-72 POV

collegeboy16

The infantry are there- they just need to be ninja and move from building to building without exposing themselves in the open, thatwkuld be inviting sniper fire. The samecan be said with regardsto the commander, having the tank buttoned up may be bad for visibility but at least the commander won't get headshotted. I remember a similar tactic employed by abrams where they controlled the macro(street by street, block by block) and the infantry controlled the micro ( house by house)

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I think it is a hollow box containing Kontakt-1 era, the purpose is to deflect small arm fire over it also the first layer of the box will initiate HEAT round before it hits the ERA hence slowing the penetration..

Afaik, The side side screens of T-72 are meant to only use Rubber skirts or thin sheet of steel, they are not design to hold heavy skirts specially in War Zone unless these are heavly modified as T-55 enigma..

I have a theory it might some sort of simple and primitive NERA armor, similiar to Iraqi "Khafji" armor seen on some of their T-55 during Saddam's reign.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Another Vid..

Friendly Infantry hiding and indicating tanker about Sniper / MG post ( 0.52 )

What i was talking about, been practiced ' first shoot MG then use cannon ' ( 1.32 )

Last edited by a moderator:

methos

Country flag
There are photos indicating that Syrians started to replace side screens with 4S20 "Kontakt-1" ERA which is more and more ineffective and obsolete, with something else, more massive, yet nobody knows what is this new protection.

I heard some speculations that these might be boxes with concrete... but then again such protection is even more ineffective than Kontakt-1.

I have a theory it might some sort of simple and primitive NERA armor, similiar to Iraqi "Khafji" armor seen on some of their T-55 during Saddam's reign.
I doubt that they use any kind of advanced armour, just remember how they "upgraded" their T-72s:

Edit:
Here is such a BMP:

Thin (5 - 10 mm) steel screens and rocks/stones/dirt.

Last edited:

Damian

Well this solves the mystery, primitive indeed, not very effective either probably.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

vid on improvised armor for T-72 and BMP-2 with English subtitles. (Youtube Captions).

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

"  Death of a Tank "  Destroyed T-72 mission

Mission to open grounds in Daraya that got one Tank destroyed
filmed by T-72 Tanks equiped with onboard cameras + Subtitles
More missions:

Armoured group dropping troops to storm a group of buildings. But than the Rebels couter-attacked and the Tanks cover retreating infantry. Just before mission-succes,one got a fatal hit.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Published on Mar 26, 2013

Improvised spaced armor for T-72 and BMP-2 of Syrian Arab Army as an additional level of protection on the top of ERA and main armor.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Published on Jun 25, 2013

Onboard missions from T-72 Tanks equiped with GoPro cameras while attacking insurgents in Darayya. The Tanks support the infantry clearing fortified positions .. . .. . .Mission INFO:

00:31 á´¥ T-72's clear the route for the infantry
08:38 á´¥ Pin point strikes on enemy fortifications
09:40 á´¥ Prepping for the storming
16:30 á´¥ Storming the fortifications
21:36 á´¥ With the other side
24:25 á´¥ Cleaning the remaining defenses

Part I:
T-72 Tank missions with GoPro - Attack on South Darayya ٭ˢᵘᵇᵗᶥᵗᴵᵉˢ٭ - YouTube

Onboard compilation from the Stouthern attack series.
Source ANNA newsanna - YouTube
Rebels: Shuhada Al-Islam Brigade - YouTube

More Reworked♫GoPro missions:
T-72 Tank missions with GoPro in Darayya Syria ٭ˢᵘᵇᵗᶥᵗᴵᵉˢ٭ [ HD 59min. ] - YouTube

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles