Syria Staged Bombings: VIDEO

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
What happens in Syria very much affects Lebanon. How should Indians feel about Lebanon?

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Don't take this personally, but I definitely find your blind support for anything Western (and trolling) rather annoying. Furthermore, they are often factually incorrect just for the sake of being pro-Western. Your comments on Mil-26 helicopter, on the geographical location of the USSR, and many more ... but let's not go there.

You ask Mr. Ewald here if I have a blind support for their policies... But it's safe to say that by and large I agree with them. This is specially true with regards to their policies in the SEA. More importantly I recognise that were it not for the stabilising influence of the US in our region we would not be as economically successful as we are now (economy is the No. 1 on our list of priorities not status).

I like constructive conversations with the end result of a conclusion, although I know this is not possible all the time. But I must say I've had a civil discussion with you as with all the other posters here, entertaining and addictive (BTW I made a new year's reso to cut my engagement in this forum to 2 hours day and night...It's not doing well I must say. I'm still trying), okay, sometimes annoying.

But do tell me where was I wrong on the Mi26? Just so that I know and make the necessary corrections in my mind. How about the geo of Russia (I was not referring to USSR mind you)? Didn't I post the Eurasian location of Russia? I was only expressing my reservations on Russia being considered an Asian just because part of it's territory is in Asia. Besides as far as I can recall Russia has not openly claimed to be an Asian. Then about the "many more," well even you seem to have forgotten about them so it's pointless to ask for specifics. But do indulge me on those 2 matters for my peace of mind dear buddy... :cool2:

BTW, Messiah seems to agree with you. I'm not surprised... :laugh:

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
You ask Mr. Ewald here if I have a blind support for their policies...
And my answer would be that asianobserve has veered close to my Ignore List once or twice (which still remains empty, by the way). :-D

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
And my answer would be that asianobserve has veered close to my Ignore List once or twice (which still remains empty, by the way). :-D

You have a great country and equally great political party in the Republican Party. But not entirely faultless in my humble opinion. :cool2:

pmaitra

You ask Mr. Ewald here if I have a blind support for their policies...
Why are you making a bilateral discourse trilateral? You got your response.

Again, argue on your own merit. Mr. Ewald and I exchange pleasantries in and beyond DFI. We live in the same state.

Nonetheless, do not take this personally. Our political disagreements should not stop up from being friends. I do understand that some countries need to have the support of a bigger power and they tend to drag in that bigger power in a bilateral dispute to make it trilateral. India has been in that situation during 1971-72. However, when two persons are arguing, why do you have to drag in a third person?

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I'm arguing on my own merits. The allusion to Mr. Ewald was in reference to policies of the Bush (Republican) Presidency that I pointed out to him on previous discussions as counterproductive. He even wanted to ignore me according to him, as obviously I touched on raw nerves.

But enough with this line of conversation.

Back to Syria, I think Mr. Assad's grip to power is now on a terminal stage. The chess pieces have been moved and he is almost checkmated. With this inevitability it's in India's best interest to jump in (it will not do anything other than offer lip service) with the side of the winner to be favorably viewed by the succeeding Syrian regime...

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles