Suspect held for Chungking rape

huaxia rox

Suspect held for Chungking rape - The Standard

A transportation worker was arrested hours after a mainland student on holiday was raped in a hostel in Tsim Sha Tsui's Chungking Mansions.
The suspect, a 26-year-old Indian, is said to be seeking political asylum and has been living in the territory for several years.

The university student, 21, was visiting Hong Kong with a female friend and staying in one of the many guesthouses that provide cheap accommodation. Communal bathrooms are also a feature of many of these cheap hostels.

According to police, the student had just finished showering in a bathroom reserved for women around midnight on Saturday.

Returning to her room clad only in a towel, she was attacked, gagged and raped.

The victim screamed for help when her assailant left and her friend, in a neighboring room, called the police. All exits of the building were cordoned off as officers checked CCTV footage and conducted a door- to-door search.

The suspect, who was also staying in the building, was arrested at 4.50am.

The student was sent to Queen Elizabeth Hospital for a body check. She was accompanied by her friend.

Officers of the Yau Ma Tei Regional Crime Unit are now investigating the case.

Police said the victim had previously visited Hong Kong and usually stayed at Chungking Mansions.

The 17-story building on Nathan Road was originally a residential block when built in 1961. But with the demand for cheap accommodation, it has since become a warren of hostels, serviced apartments and curry shops.

huaxia rox

since there is already a post discussing indian rapist suspect focused on 'rape' i am not adding too much on this and my focuse is on this 'seeking political asylum ' aspect.

1 why would hk goverment allow indians to seek political asylum in hk is really beyond my understanding. what a way of on the one hand wasting money and the ohter hand to induce potential criminals.

2 what are these people? delits threatened by Ranvir Sena? biharis that have fled out of Maharashtra fearing discrimnation and attacks?? or naxal sympatheizers?? why cant they go to the uk to seek political asylum??

3 i dont care if indians rape indians in india or even in kashmir. i dont care if indians rape indians in hk but what i do care is indians rape other people in hk. innocent people dont deserve this.

4 possibably raw agent in hk??? although this scum is very dumb having no idea about cctv and got caught so easily.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles