Survey Finds Americans are World's Worst Tourists

Status
Not open for further replies.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Survey Finds Americans are World's Worst Tourists

A survey conducted by Living Social and Mandala Research released Friday indicated that Americans are the world's worst tourist. And don't blame someone else for the name calling: 4,000 out of 5,600 respondents were Americans themselves.

Americans, Canadians and Australians all gave U.S. tourists the worst ranking on the survey, while Irish respondents indicated their British neighbors were the worst, and the British called out the Germans for bad travel behavior, according to a Living Social news release.

pmaitra

So the Irish don't like the British - not surprising.
Also, the British don't like the Germans - again, expect similar feeling from the Germans as well! Such feeling are quite evident after England-Germany football matches.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
For me it's the mainland Chinese... they spit almost everywhere...

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The Chinese also have the habit of bringing up thick, foul-smelling, yellowish-green phlegm (could be a bacterial infection).

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I believe Japanese are the best tourists in the world..
They can be spotted miles away, what with their moving around like a camera clothes-horse, with cameras dangling all over them!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The Bengali tourists are best, especially in winters. Even if it is a mild winter, they have their 'monkey caps' (balaclavas), woollen gloves, heavy sweaters on, as if there is a blizzard in the offing! :rofl:

They are known as 'samosa' tourists in Sikkim since they seem to survive only on samosas!

pmaitra

The Bengali tourists are best, especially in winters. Even if it is a mild winter, they have their 'monkey caps' (balaclavas), woollen gloves, heavy sweaters on, as if there is a blizzard in the offing! :rofl:

They are known as 'samosa' tourists in Sikkim since they seem to survive only on samosas!
Exactly. And this annoys me to no end. Last winter when I was in India, I was going about in a cotton t-shirt and people were wearing their balaclavas, mufflers, sweaters, jackets, gloves in the local trains and staring at me. Very annoying!

Tolaha

Some Indian tourists can be loud, embarrassingly loud. But most of the time, we are well behaved when we are outside the country. Far more than when we are in India. Except probably if we are in Southall!

Barak2

Surveys can be weird sometimes. I have personally experienced America and that's the most supportive time to me whenever its about tourism.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Americans are the loudest and most annoying.

Indians are annoying while boarding planes. Everyone wants a wheelchair!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles