survey about indians and romani people relations

should romani be legally recognised as ethnic group of indian origins

• yes

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • no

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

Soul83

do you support that india recognises romani people as ethnic group of indian origins, and to make it official that romani should be tied to india etc. maybe get special legal status for immigration, tourism, visa and other rights which non-indians dont have, similar to PIO (Person of Indian Origin)

give your vote as yes or no

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I vote no.

But i also think any Indian who gives up his citizenship should also not receive better treatment than the citizens of his adopted country, so im not in favour of even pio etc There should be only one distinction citizen and foreigner.

Soul83

I vote no.

But i also think any Indian who gives up his citizenship should also not receive better treatment than the citizens of his adopted country, so im not in favour of even pio etc There should be only one distinction citizen and foreigner.
maybe but most countries make distinction between people of similar ethnic group and people unrelated, for example there are people from urguay and argentina or usa who receive italian or german citizenship because they descend of europeans, i know one uruguayan girl who has german citizenship, but when i needed to remove my serbian citizenship to be able to have austrian citizenship, in austria/german only ethnic germans can have double citizenship.

kseeker

Retired
I vote no.

Ditto :thumb:

nrupatunga

Living there for generations now, romani's are still "outsiders" in europe. But how much of a connect does romani's have with india or vice-versa.

India is alien to people of suriname, fiji etc though they are relatively recent "migrants" (i.e. some 150-200 hundred years) there from india. In that case, romani's though of indian origin, will find it very very difficult to connect to india today and vice-versa.

Hence providing something like pio status to romani's may not be put into practice when the migration happened centuries ago. So, india may/does want the romani's to be "accepted" in europe and face no discrimination whatsoever in europe and make progress.

Soul83

Living there for generations now, romani's are still "outsiders" in europe. But how much of a connect does romani's have with india or vice-versa.

India is alien to people of suriname, fiji etc though they are relatively recent "migrants" (i.e. some 150-200 hundred years) there from india. In that case, romani's though of indian origin, will find it very very difficult to connect to india today and vice-versa.

Hence providing something like pio status to romani's may not be put into practice when the migration happened centuries ago. So, india may/does want the romani's to be "accepted" in europe and face no discrimination whatsoever in europe and make progress.
i dont know how all roma think but i noticed that some do feel connection to india, it is visible that when there is a indian movie they watch it, lot of romas are bollywood fans and indian movie fans etc. roma who are more educated often see india as ancient homeland etc. eventhough they dont all that details about india, which i do by now for example that not all indians are alike that there are many different groups of people there
check out

it is like with some african americans, who reported having been in africa it felt amazing and such. not all roma from europe would pass in india but many would especially from balkans and turkey and where im from many look as if they pass in india and they look strange in europe, as time progresses that might change within generations of interbreeding gradually but for now many look as if they pass in india.

Last edited by a moderator:

Defenceindia2010

Country flag
do you support that india recognises romani people as ethnic group of indian origins, and to make it official that romani should be tied to india etc. maybe get special legal status for immigration, tourism, visa and other rights which non-indians dont have, similar to PIO (Person of Indian Origin)

give your vote as yes or no
I vote ''Yes''.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
No, because if Romanis who left several centuries back can be considered Indian then in that case pakis can also be considered Indians :lol:

sydsnyper

Country flag
There is a difference though, pakis and bangladeshis (majority, not all) chose to be recognized as a separate entity based on religion. The romany on the other hand were our people who were displaced centuries ago by invaders, ill treated and abused over centuries, endured pogroms and still are not considered natives of the lands they have inhabited over centuries. If they wish to return to their roots, gain a sense of belonging and associate with the history and culture of India, I would choose to welcome them. But instead of an open invitation for people with Indian ancestry, it has to be an invitation for a specific group of people, Romany in this case.

Pakistanis and Bangladeshis are Indians. You may think otherwise because of lines on a map.

pkroyal

Pakistanis and Bangladeshis are Indians. You may think otherwise because of lines on a map.
Most white Americans are Irish / German/ French, African Americans from all over Africa, Hispianics from South America etc.

Go back in History the first humans ( Adam & Eve ? ) were from the African continent. our ancestors ( as per DNA study) are all common, from Africa.

People who live within the geographical confines of India are Indians rest will have some adjunct, NRI, PIO, Immigrant & so on.

As far as facial & other similarities are concerned more the merrier. It proves an ancient Indian philosophy in right context. " Vasudev Kuttumbukam" the whole world is family. great going for International relations & world peace.

In the same breath, brothers fight more viciously ( The Mahabharata), Love each other but be prepared to Fight

Last edited:

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
Most white Americans are Irish / German/ French, African Americans from all over Africa, Hispianics from South America etc.

Go back in History the first humans ( Adam & Eve ? ) were from the African continent. our ancestors ( as per DNA study) are all common, from Africa.

People who live within the geographical confines of India are Indians rest will have some adjunct, NRI, PIO, Immigrant & so on.

As far as facial & other similarities are concerned more the merrier. It proves an ancient Indian philosophy in right context. " Vasudev Kuttumbukam" the whole world is family. great going for International relations & world peace.

In the same breath, brothers fight more viciously ( The Mahabharata), Love each other but be prepared to Fight
So you would put Prithviraj Chauhan on same league with Mansa Musa from Mali? After all our ancestors have common origin.

pkroyal

So you would put Prithviraj Chauhan on same league with Mansa Musa from Mali? After all our ancestors have common origin.
No, you are not able to discern the irony in what I wrote as a reply to W.G. Ewald

@ W.G.Ewald ↑ Pakistanis and Bangladeshis are Indians. You may think otherwise because of lines on a map.

Human beings may have common origin or only four types of blood group, what defines them individually is what they stand for ( ideology), their facial characteristics, height, weight & chest, their past , present & how this will have a bearing on their future, their IQ, EQ, SQ, CQ & MQ, their education, the stuff they read, friends & company they keep, character, contemporary environment, intellectual development, their own philosophy of life and how many fools they have suffered in life

Global Defence

New threads

Articles