Surgical strikes inside Pak. Possibility?

Should India carry out surgical strikes in Pak after next big terrorist attack

• Total voters

airtel

Country flag
Did we use military to kill civillians , women and kids? It doesn't seem like Pakis are uncertain about who did what. As per their brigadier, coas, vice coas, Some indian soldiers entered the village while Paki soldiers were facing heavy fire. Killed 14 civillians, 11 of them being women and children, 3 men decapitated.
yes Indian SF Killed civilians inside POK , ...........................it was reply of Chittisinghpura massacre , in which 36 sikhs were killed by paki terrorists in Anantnag .

Last edited:

SANITY

A Sepoy of Maratha Light Infantry was beheaded and some of his colleagues were also killed after that incident took place.
There are various assets to avenge our death. You must have heard the local militia called Pir Panjal Scouts raised by Army.
I understand you have different idea of vengeance. I have heard of mountains not the scouts. I will read about it. Okay I read about it but those assets are not result of our action in POK.

And please don't bring this killing of Civilians and Paki Kids. An enemy is an enemy especially Pakis. Next you will say that APS incident was very unfortunate.
It was unfortunate but their own people were responsible. Even our PM had tears in his eyes, might have been fake though.

There is a reason why lines from Geeta inscribed on almost major military installation.
You have misunderstood Geeta if you've actually read it.

Last edited:

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
1.If this was a GOP sponsored act, and not one by Kashmiri separatists, then GOP would have known India would retaliate. The question is: what will be Pakistan's response to India's retaliation?
2. Emotions aside, I feel GOI will back out through a face saver. With a rising economy, India will not risk embroiling into a war.
The decision to not retaliate "visibly" will cost Modi 5-10 Lok Sabha seats. He will find those precious in 2019. Each martyr's widow will become a poll ambassador for opposition parties.

Maybe India is able to inflict more damage - heck, the whole PAF highway drill hoopla and the Karachi Stock Exchange slump must have drained at least half a billion dollars from the Paki economy - but Modi knows the rural Indian voter. The rural illiterate voter should be able to tell his kid that Uri was avenged, and how it was avenged. He won't be able to explain diplomatic pissing contests. That is what will cost Modi votes.

SANITY

yes Indian SF Killed civilians inside POK , ...........................it was reply of Chittisinghpura massacre , in which 36 sikhs were killed by paki terrorists in Anantnag .
The incident we are talking about took place in February. The incident of Chittisinghpura massacre that you are talking about took place in March.

sasum

Atheist but not Communists.
1.If this was a GOP sponsored act, and not one by Kashmiri separatists, then GOP would have known India would retaliate. The question is: what will be Pakistan's response to India's retaliation?
2. Emotions aside, I feel GOI will back out through a face saver. With a rising economy, India will not risk embroiling into a war.
GoP sponsored act is absurd. Next you will say, " GoI is planning to explode a nuclear device in Kashmir valley to find an excuse to atomise Pakistan as well as cleanse Kashmiri ethnicity".

Vishwarupa

Country flag
Is Paki media reporting any casualities in POK? I dont see any news from Paki media as well.

SANITY

Today even if some separatist/jihadist act by themselves without instruction from any master, still, it's Pakistan that is to be blamed as it's only a result of what Pakistan has been doing in Kashmir for so many decades. There is no excuse for them to say that the uprising is indigenous now. The first atrocities were committed when they sent their dogs in Kashmir before the Maharaja acceded to India.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
A Sepoy of Maratha Light Infantry was beheaded and some of his colleagues were also killed after that incident took place.
I am sure you have also heard about Paki troop heads pinned to the trees as trophy according to Barkha Dutt.

I understand you have different idea of vengeance. I have heard of mountains not the scouts. I will read about it. Okay I read about it but those assets are not result of our action in POK.
Those were militias they are not bounded by Soldier's code of honor. They are free to respond in any manner against the killing of their own people.

Even our PM had tears in his eyes, might have been fake though.
So what. I am not bounded by what PM think. He may be a Secular, i am not. He may be a follower of non violence, am not.

I perfectly justify APS attack. You kill our people, you got your people killed.

You have misunderstood Geeta if you've actually read it.
It depends on the different people how they interpret Geeta. Its the beauty of Geeta.

For a Nazi Himmler Geeta has a different message compare to Gandhi and what is his understanding of Geeta.

Just like its message is different for a proud Rajput and a Baniya.

su35

Country flag
Is Paki media reporting any casualities in POK? I dont see any news from Paki media as well.
Even though their may or may not any operation undergoing in POK do not expect any casulties report from PAK source. We have to wait for at least six to one year hear something about their casulties if any opeartion has really been done

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
If pakistan launches a nuclear missile, Indian Missile Shields can counter and destroy the incoming missile or missiles. But if India launches a counter strike then no one can save pakistan from the incoming missiles and the pakistani army will be in the hell along with their 72 virgins.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
From last few days I have clearly learnt that India is a pussy country with corrupt leadership. It has always been the case irrespective of UPA or NDA. We don't have any capability is what I perceive from last few days' reports...
Think whatever you want. It is not so easy to attack any country. Can you go and attack your neighbor anytime you want? Stop making idiotic statements like these. If you are so daring then go to the border and attack the incoming terrorists. What do you know about strategy, planning and attacking, using the armed forces? Do you think that war is like counter strike game which you play in PC and x-boxes.....? You are too immature. Please get matured before joining defence forums and posting nonsense statements like these. AAGAYA MAHAVEER, JHO GHAR MEY BAITKEY SALAAH DEY RAHA HEI..... TERA VEERTAH GHAR KEY ANDHAR HI HEI. BORDER PEY JAAOGEY TOH PAHTLUN KEY ANDHAR HI SU SU KARLOGEY.....

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
I would like to see the MODS taking strict action against idiotic rhetorics and immature statements being made by some immature members in the forum. These statements are bringing down the quality of the forum and also leads to unnecessary fights.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Where are the senior members in the forum? What happened to the quality posts by responsible members, which lead to a very knowledgeable discussions?

sasum

Atheist but not Communists.
From various social-media, I have gathered this impression that only citizens of Northern States want India to go to war. People from other parts are not really bothered about Kashmiri secessionists. They point out, Paki infiltrators attack only 2 states, Punjab and J&K. 26/11 was an aberration. In the rest of the country terrorist-attacks are by home-grown outfits like IM, SIMI etc. In case of Assam & W.Bengal, Bangladeshi group like HUJI are involved.
In the circumstances, Govt. may call for a referendum on war from citizens above the age of 18 years, who are not mental. If more than 50% say yes, go for overt military action; else fight state-sponsored terrorism with state-sponsored terrorism.
In the end I can not help but think, India is indeed a soft state. She doesn't have guts to even cancel IWT.

Last edited:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
As per the DGMO:
Though, Pakistan has rejected it calling it a mere "Border Skirmish".

From ET (A Documentary Video has been embedded inside the website):
4 hours, choppers and 38 kills: How India avenged the Uri attack

India carries out surgical strikes on terror launch pads at LoC
Nearly 10 days after the Uri attack that claimed 18 jawans, India carried outsurgical strikes in Pakistan Occupied Kashmir, inflicting heavy casualties on terrorists and 'those protecting them" and indicating a change of stand on the rules of engagement on the disputed line of control.

Indian DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singhannounced that Pakistan had been informed about the strikes and that India has no intention of continuing the operations but is ready for any reaction from the Pak side.

The response, first of its kind across the Pakistani border during peace time, was based on specific intelligence, claim reports.

1. Operation begins around 12.30 am on Wednesday. According to reports, paratroopers from Special Forces were involved.

2. The commandos were airdropped at the LoC, from where they crossed over to the Pakistani side.

3. According to sources, Indian commandos entered three kilometres across the Line of Control to conduct the 'surgical strikes'

4. The strikes were carried out in Bhimber, Hotspring, Kel & Lipa sectors, on Pak's side of LoC, according to reports.

5. The location was 500 meters-2 Km across LoC, sources said

6. 7 terror launch pads were destroyed during the surgical strike

7. 38 terrorists and 2 Pakistani soldiers were killed in Indian Army surgical strikes, no Indian casualties. Those killed included terrorists, their guides and handlers

8. Helicopters were used. Mission, according to reports, ended at 4.30 am

Why did India go for this
The option of surgical strikes was taken in the wake of increase in infiltration bids , the DGMO informed. Terrorists had begun gathering in large numbers along the LoC with the objective of crossing the border and targeting locations in Jammu and Kashmir, as well as other metros. In such a scenario surgical strikes was considered the best option to deal with the threat.

Surgical strikes does not mean war
Surgical strikes are military operations undertaken by forces across the world to move on the offensive, hit enemy targets and installations, and return to primary positions, all with lightening speed and with the added precaution of suffering limited casualty.

Surgical strikes require not just detailed and exhaustive planning but need to be carried out with absolute precision to achieve the objective of taking down targets with either no or minimal collateral damage.
Uri response: India hits back after 11 days

India on Thursday said that it had conducted surgical strikes on terror launchpads across the Line of Control (LoC). The strikes come 11 days after the Uri attacks in which 18 Indian soldiers were killed.

Director General Military Operations (DGMO) Lt-Gen Ranveer Singh confirmed that the strikes were carried out on Wednesday night and caused heavy damage.

The announcement was made at a joint briefing held by the defence ministry and the external affairs ministry in New Delhi. External affairs ministry spokesman Vikas Swarup was also present at the briefing.

Gen
Singh said that India has shared the details of the surgical strikes with the Pakistan army in the wake of "very specific information" that terrorists were positioning themselves in the launchpads along the LoC.

Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, retaliated immediately.

"We are ready for the safety and defence of our country, we condemn this attack," Sharif told Pakistani media.

Meanwhile, Dalal Street reacted to the surgical strikes with the Sensex tanking over 500 points.

DGMO Singh said heavy damages were caused to the terror camps and there were significant casualties, adding that as of now there was no plan for further operation.

For LIVE Updates; keep tracking:
LIVE: After surgical strikes, Pakistan high commissioner Abdul Basit gets threat calls

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Where is that idiotic member who was saying Modiji is useless? His name is I play bad.... Man now please shut everything and sit. I hope you are seeing the news for 3 days now. This is how Modiji shuts his critic's mouth. They will never open their mouth again and say that Modiji is a not a brave man, Modiji is useless, Modiji is a selfies machine and all rubbish about him.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
http://**********/attachments/upload_2016-9-30_18-34-12-png.339408/

http://**********/attachments/the-economic-times_480-jpg.339406/

Just a day after the Indian government claimed that its army carried out “surgical strikes” inside Pakistan with the support of military choppers, a senior Indian minister retracted the claim saying “these did not involve any aerial operations.”

“There were no aerial strikes,” Indian Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore, himself an ex-Indian Army man, told The Hindu during an interview.

LOL they just hopped across the border

Like this

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
pathetic Indians

Reactions: Neo

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles