Super Sukhoi-30 MKI

Shirman

Country flag
i rest my case i guess the proposal of mine only serves as an alternative of a half baked idea of conducting a first day of war super-duper air-to-air bvr strike with the mentioned modifications nothing else :scared1::fear:

p2prada

So you mean to say that this super hornet blk-3 is a sub sonic jet. I don't think so ,
Huh? No.

The only time an aircraft goes supersonic, among 4th gen fighters, is when the aircraft is carrying an air to air missile load. There are certain small external tanks that are supersonic capable, but that's about it. Add anything bigger and there will be issues with going supersonic.

Most fighter drop their tanks before entering a fight, to retain the edge in energy. EWP doesn't help in that.

No the scenario i envisioned was a hardpoint less super mki with a center line EWP should be only for air-to-air strike missions..
How many missiles can your EWP carry? Even if the centerline EWP carries 4 R-77s, it won't serve a purpose since there is a limit to MKIs RCS reduction features. A little bit better if you say we have the Rafale F4 which is better optimized for stealth. If the EWP is supersonic capable, then there is some merit, but even this will come at a cost the force may find unwilling to spend.

Like I said, EWP limits a 4th gen fighters other more important capabilities and is entirely useless on a 5th gen fighter.

The EWP is primarily meant to carry some missiles while conducting strike missions. Perhaps the EWP pods can hold something better, like 1000lb LGBs. With stealth optimized drop tanks and EWP carrying one LGB and 1 missile each, maybe it would work out.

the German airforce typhoons which i mentioned earlier only had air-to-air gun fights with raptor in spite of that they scored a good rate against raptors at recent red flag exercise ...........
Pure WVR scenarios don't really matter.

My entire concern is how we can enhance its air superiority capabilities...
Reduce clean RCS to as low as possible and carry a big jammer. That's what 4.5th gen is all about.

PD_Solo

The only one
Country flag
Courtesy Defenseworld.net

The Indian defence ministry is working towards inking the final Research and development design contract with Russia this year for the Indian "perspective multi-role fighter", a variant of the Russian single-seat FGFA called Sukhoi T-50 or PAK-FA.

India is also working on upgrading its existing Sukhoi- 30MKI jets into 'Super Sukhois' with advanced avionics and weapons, TOI reported Monday.

"Apart from resolving technical and cost issues, Russia has also agreed to allow IAF test pilots to fly its prototypes now," said a source. The final R&D contract for the FGFA was on hold till now despite the two countries having first inked an inter-governmental agreement in 2007 and then following it up with a $295 million preliminary design contract in 2010.

Earlier reports had said New Delhi had proposed that instead of commencing the detailed project report(DPR), India would pay for three prototypes and transfer of technology (TOT) instead of US$6 billion for the DPR and joint production.

It is not clear if India wants to use the prototypes and TOT to set up its own production line in India. The FGFA, also called T-50, is the most advanced aircraft to be built in Russia. It combines stealth technology with super-manoeuvrability enabling it to penetrate deep into enemy territory and conduct bombing as well as dogfight with enemy planes.

smestarz

Country flag
Traditionally centreline pylon was looked at just one pylon where one big fuel tank or a big missile was mounted, but with the EWP the options increase, for example earlier say the thought was maybe just one AMRAAM and now there is possibility of carrying more AMRAAMS.

Your concept of dogfight.. etc is not what USA is looking at, The American concept is to detect the enemy first, use the missiles to shoot at the enemy before the enemy can see you and head back to base. They do not see dogfighting as a necessity. If you have a gun, why would you want to get into a knife fight?
Huh? No.

The only time an aircraft goes supersonic, among 4th gen fighters, is when the aircraft is carrying an air to air missile load. There are certain small external tanks that are supersonic capable, but that's about it. Add anything bigger and there will be issues with going supersonic.

Most fighter drop their tanks before entering a fight, to retain the edge in energy. EWP doesn't help in that.

How many missiles can your EWP carry? Even if the centerline EWP carries 4 R-77s, it won't serve a purpose since there is a limit to MKIs RCS reduction features. A little bit better if you say we have the Rafale F4 which is better optimized for stealth. If the EWP is supersonic capable, then there is some merit, but even this will come at a cost the force may find unwilling to spend.

Like I said, EWP limits a 4th gen fighters other more important capabilities and is entirely useless on a 5th gen fighter.

The EWP is primarily meant to carry some missiles while conducting strike missions. Perhaps the EWP pods can hold something better, like 1000lb LGBs. With stealth optimized drop tanks and EWP carrying one LGB and 1 missile each, maybe it would work out.

Pure WVR scenarios don't really matter.

Reduce clean RCS to as low as possible and carry a big jammer. That's what 4.5th gen is all about.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
I think that if the only air intake is changed like PAKFA, a lots of stealth shall be added. RAM coating will be an another area. I had read one discussion in which people were discussing about bringing down the RCS to 3 SQ mtr from current 20 Sq Mt. Whether engines shall be changed or not is also a big question. Pleple say that engine shall also be changed and it will be able to carry 1 ton more payload.

smestarz

Country flag
Su-35 is more modern plane and in some attributes, as good or better than Su-30 MKI, But Super Sukhoi upgrades will be some avionics which are for PAKFA project and in a way superior to what avionics are fielded on Su-35. Thus Super Sukhoi will be better than Su-35 till the Russians decide to go for Super 35 upgrade and make Super 35 better than super Sukhoi

Su 35 should be better. ...................

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles