Sukhois shift the balance of power in the Asia-Pacific

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
RAAF has wedgetail AWACS with Link 16, that is an oversight APA always makes.

p2prada

RAAF has wedgetail AWACS with Link 16, that is an oversight APA always makes.
APA is of the opinion that AWACS won't survive a Flanker environment. They have some simulations to back it up and they actually presented that in a Aussie Congress hearing.

JBH22

There is a reason why the Indian Air Force describes the Su-30 MKIs as its "Air Dominance Fighter". The aircraft is a generation ahead of any other aircraft – bar the stealth types – in the skies. The MKI version is actually superior to the Russian Air Force's own Flankers, which is a result of Russia's policy to provide its trusted customers with export versions that are half a generation ahead of its own base models.
SU-30MKI is often touted to be the best Sukhoi variant in place.

If I go as per the above excerpt from the article it may be assumed that the SU-30MKI is outclassed may be only by F-22/ EF-2000 or Rafale.

nirranj

Country flag

If I go as per the above excerpt from the article it may be assumed that the SU-30MKI is outclassed may be only by F-22/ EF-2000 or Rafale.
How come Rafale? Isn't Rafale a Medium Aircraft while the Flanker is a Heavy Aircraft? So the Flanker can carry more than Rafale and Can out maneuver Rafale as it has twin engines?

TrueSpirit1

The Nobody
Banned

outclaased by Su-35 also, that RuAF has inducted.

Last edited:

TrueSpirit1

The Nobody
Banned
I wouldn't sat outclassed. I guess the super mkis will be upto the same level.
Yes, Super MKI's. Not the current MKI's. Super MKI's would be a different beast altogether.

And, even then, Super MKI's would not be able to equal Su-35, all the way. Su-30 MKI has limitations which cannot be overcome whether it has enhanced into Super or Duper version.

Su-35 is the most potent one is this region.

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
How come Rafale? Isn't Rafale a Medium Aircraft while the Flanker is a Heavy Aircraft? So the Flanker can carry more than Rafale and Can out maneuver Rafale as it has twin engines?
Rofl mao

I wonder how many engines can u see in Rafale :lol:

CHEERS

rvjpheonix

Country flag
Yes, Super MKI's. Not the current MKI's. Super MKI's would be a different beast altogether.

And, even then, Super MKI's would not be able to equal Su-35, all the way. Su-30 MKI has limitations which cannot be overcome whether it has enhanced into Super or Duper version.

Su-35 is the most potent one is this region.
The airframe is not the only criteria.I expect the mki to have superior avionics. It is possible to easily change mki's PESA to AESA so that advantage should well be nullified.

p2prada

Su-35 and MKI outclass Rafale and EF in some parameters and the other way round in some parameters. All three are good aircraft.

Just that all three outclass current Aussie fighters in most parameters. And so they need a new aircraft to compete with regional Sukhoi fighters. So, look at the article in that view rather than comparing one fighter to the other.

TrueSpirit1

The Nobody
Banned
The airframe is not the only criteria.I expect the mki to have superior avionics. It is possible to easily change mki's PESA to AESA so that advantage should well be nullified.
Ok, AESA is the only between MKI & Super-MKI ?

Please have a look at relevant threads on DFI or ask @p2prada

Last edited by a moderator:

nirranj

Country flag
actually i could also prove your other points in your post also wrong
But i dont want another D^ck measuring contest for this thread

CHEERS

:thumb: If you see my point, i have put a question mark on them. That is because I was not sure on the superiority of Rafale over MKI and wanted to get that clarified. If You post the answers, I will be more than Happy!!!

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
That article is hogwash. There's no shift in airpower dominance in Asia-Pacific no matter how many pimped up Sukhoi 27s are inducted. The dominance still rests comfortably with the Americans (and its alliance in the region) and will be further cemented with the introduction of F-35 to compliment existing American F-22s. And as long as Australians maintain its traditional relationship with America then no aspiring air power in Asia can touch it (or will dare touch it).

Australia BTW is not "the" power to contend with in Asia. And another BTW, there's no Sukhoi "Alliance" against Australia in Asia...

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles