Sukhoi Su 30MKI

Enquirer

Btw, I found the old proposal for MKIs radar upgrade too =>

1. Phase PESA upgrade
2. Phase changing the antenna to an AESA, just as the RBE 2 PESA example
3. Phase new AESA based on the FGFA radar

Now with FGFA cancelled, it will be interesting to see, what Russia is ready to propose now and most importantly, how long a decision will take with the government in election mode.
You've the knack to restate the info that I already provided and attempt to take credit for it! I had already explained the (dubious) Russian proposal to make India buy 2 sets of radars systems. I further explained that IAF has rejected it and will be going directly for AESA!

When it comes to technical aspects, I've realized your level of comprehension. I feel no productive reason to engage in further discussion with you. You're free to interpret stuff in any which way your limited understanding of technology makes you do. I realize that my altruistic attempt to explain stuff to the un/mis-informed has proved futile.

Enquirer

MKI is the star of IAF - So, plenty to talk about - Nirbhay integration, Brahmos NG integration, improving availability, TOT for components.
My point was that Super Sukhoi upgrade will turn this bird into a very different beast altogether and there are many possibilities - stealthy Silent Sukhoi vs missile totting Sukhoi 2040c vs Sukhoi with Weapons Pod and so on.
If Su-30MKI upgrade to carry Brahmos-A can be discussed in this thread why cannot the info related to upgrade of the radar, EW & engine?

Just because a set of upgrades are given a special name (Super) it doesn't mean it is different from the aircraft itself!!

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
#DidYouKnow: Air Launched #BrahMos is a 2.5 ton Supersonic AirtoSurface Cruise #Missile with range of more than 400kms. #IAF is the First AirForce in the World to successfully fire an Air Launched 2.8 Mach SurfaceAttackMissile of this category. ReadMore on
wah ...then our land variants also have same range ............,...................

arya

Country flag
China testing hyersonic missile / plane & u r showing 2017 pics again & again . we should be live in present & work for future .
ISRO + DRDO+ HAL now should work together for future fighter planes

Sancho

You've the knack to restate the info that I already provided and attempt to take credit for it!
Looooool, you claimed that the Russians are proposing a PESA upgrade, because they can't provide an AESA and denied that PESA to AESA is possible. My reply to that was =>

Because they wanted us to make the available upgrade to Su 35s Irbis-E PESA now and upgrade later to the Su 57 AESA, to have common radar or common techs in MKI and FGFA.
That's even LMs sales pitch for the F16 B70 too, because the APG 81 is based on the techs of the F35 AESA.
So I only added one more source, to confirm what "I" already said. That's called backing up an argument.

Enquirer

Looooool, you claimed that the Russians are proposing a PESA upgrade, because they can't provide an AESA and denied that PESA to AESA is possible. My reply to that was =>

So I only added one more source, to confirm what "I" already said. That's called backing up an argument.
Dude! I didn’t say ‘Russia’ is incapable of producing AESA; it’s the company Bars that wants to double dip into revenues (Zhuk makes plenty of AESA raders!). I also said that the marketing spiel by Bars is BS!
You’re the guy who orders chicken biryani in a restaurant and at the table have it converted to mutton biryani - plate, rice, fork, water will be the same, just need to swap out chicken pieces for mutton (also the most expensive part!)

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Dude! I didn’t say ‘Russia’ is incapable of producing AESA; it’s the company Bars that wants to double dip into revenues (Zhuk makes plenty of AESA raders!). I also said that the marketing spiel by Bars is BS!
You’re the guy who orders chicken biryani in a restaurant and at the table have it converted to mutton biryani - plate, rice, fork, water will be the same, just need to swap out chicken pieces for mutton (also the most expensive part!)
According to the global marketshare they are incapable of selling AESA radars, they don't even show up.

Advaidhya Tiwari

According to the global marketshare they are incapable of selling AESA radars, they don't even show up.
Russia nowadays rarely ever sells major arms. Russia is more into petroleum and gas. That is why Russian share in arms market is dwindling quickly. It is not incompetency. Russia simply has too much foreign exchange and surplus trade every year and getting more trade serves no purpose

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Russia nowadays rarely ever sells major arms. Russia is more into petroleum and gas. That is why Russian share in arms market is dwindling quickly. It is not incompetency. Russia simply has too much foreign exchange and surplus trade every year and getting more trade serves no purpose
Russia sells plenty of arms, just not AESA radars.

Sancho

Russia sells plenty of arms, just not AESA radars.
True, but they don't have to sell AESAs, because their PESAs worked well and outclassed most of their competitor radars.
How many PESAs did they exported with MKI, MKM, Su 35 and how many did they produced for their own needs, with Su 30SM, 34 and 35?
Their PESA developments are a major success story and there are hardly doubts on their AESAs being good too, when they are needed.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles