Sukhoi Su 30MKI

hardip

They might reduce the no of upgrade plane to half of the strength to make money for more Rafale and Pak Fa .With these two in our air force the demand for Su 30 MKI will reduce
"होता है चलता है "

How Rude..

This Process as always.. known as indian trend ..

In Bethlon in Russia tomorrow two Indian T-90 tank trash out with competition Chinese type-96, Russian t-72b, Belarusian T-72 tank...!!! (correct me if I made mistake)..

And all happening when war on door with Dragon..

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
So we dont have any S300s?

I thought India had bought a few.
Some reports circulating in India have indicated that the S-300VM has failed trials at the Pokhran test range in 2009.
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/IAF/Today/Contemporary/328-BMD.html

A report of 2013 states
It bought S-300 anti-missile platforms from Russia, developed long-range, phased array radars in collaboration with Israel and built guidance radars with French assistance.
http://thediplomat.com/2013/08/indias-missile-defense-is-the-game-worth-the-candle/
I think Indian Army should get S-300V-4 (S-400 version for Army War Theater AD units).

My view,
Due to the International pressure against long range SAM, India hides the purchase of S300 Air defence system

As per the best of my knowledge, India bought 3 s-300 missile defence systems (excluding Radar) for creating air cover above New Delhi and its still a secret.

hardip

Some reports circulating in India have indicated that the S-300VM has failed trials at the Pokhran test range in 2009.

A report of 2013 states
It bought S-300 anti-missile platforms from Russia, developed long-range, phased array radars in collaboration with Israel and built guidance radars with French assistance.
http://thediplomat.com/2013/08/indias-missile-defense-is-the-game-worth-the-candle/

My view,
Due to the International pressure against long range SAM, India hides the purchase of S300 Air defence system

As per the best of my knowledge, India bought 3 s-300 missile defence systems (excluding Radar) for creating air cover above New Delhi and its still a secret.
I agreed.,

India have s-300 defense system

All is not for shown..

gadeshi

A report of 2013 states

My view,

What pressure could be made on sovereign state like India for will to strengthen its defence units with LR SAMs?
Is it a joke?

And BTW S-300V-4 is not AF but Army AD system.

Отправлено с моего XT1080 через Tapatalk

Flame Thrower

I agreed.,

India have s-300 defense system

All is not for shown..
If my memory serves me correctly, we brought enough(six!?) batteries of S 300 to protect Delhi in 1999; right after the Kargil war. There was a plan to buy more to defend Bombay too, but no info on that. Very few documents are in public domain.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
TA is quite big, Its already actively working in CT operations, I never know about IAF reserve pilot program but i am sure it exist if you say so, though i doubt those pilots left IAF for lucrative commercial airlines will come back..

About OSA-AKM, Its the worst SAM system i know, Once it locked onto a friendly boat and crashed 5 meters away from it ..

Kunal, isn't it the case that even the army only has a 2 year reserve liability for ORs and JCOs? Doesn't amount to many people and the TA is even smaller.
Maybe. They do have the potential to do just that. It's whether the acquisition can be made and an effective firing solution achieved at ultra low altitude. The IAF's 8 OSA-AKM sqn can certainly engage cruise missiles as can the L70/40 guns deployed at VA/VP. Akash can definitely engage cruise missiles as well.

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
What pressure could be made on sovereign state like India for will to strengthen its defence units with LR SAMs?
Is it a joke?

Отправлено с моего XT1080 через Tapatalk
That time many countries including US , UK , China raised their questions that why India need long range SAM ?
I don't know why they feel unsecure that time.

Right now, India has no such interruptions.
India has special core for ADs that is Corps of Army Air Defence which handles almost all air defence systems. IAF also have its some ADs which are solely operated by them.

hammer head

Country flag
D
That time many countries including US , UK , China raised their questions that why India need long range SAM ?
I don't know why they feel unsecure that time.

Right now, India has no such interruptions.

India has special core for ADs that is Corps of Army Air Defence which handles almost all air defence systems. IAF also have its some ADs which are solely operated by them.
and the bitter truth is that the AD arm of Both Air force and Army is Obsolete.

captscooby81

Country flag
As @Kunal Biswas said TA is big and getting even bigger and its more active in NE with special Naga infantry battalion ..Major david manlun who attained martyrdom in June was from TA not sure whether he was a TA CO or Regular CO..

@TPFscopes Hope IA and IAF gets enough Akash regiments in time and send these pechoras and SA5 to retirement ..hope Akash NS1 will give better protection with improvements from the current one.

As part of the statutes governing the IAF, there is the Air Force Reserve and something termed the Air Defence Reserve (there used to be an Auxiliary Air Force but while it exists on the statute books it was disbanded). Whether enforced or not, there is a reserve liability and the power to call up civilian pilots does exist. You'll need to go through the statute books.

Kunal, isn't it the case that even the army only has a 2 year reserve liability for ORs and JCOs? Doesn't amount to many people and the TA is even smaller.

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
@TPFscopes Hope IA and IAF gets enough Akash regiments in time and send these pechoras and SA5 to retirement ..hope Akash NS1 will give better protection with improvements from the current one.
Yup, both have enough number of AKASH SAM SYSTEMS and more on order.
Another AD Upgrade will be done by SPYDER and QR-SAM in combined manner.

sbm

Country flag
Kunal, a lot of the issues in CAG have been cleared up. One squadron at Tezpur is operational. How large is the TA - AFAIK it stands at only 40,000 in the infantry bn? What of the ex-servicemen, reserve liability etc? Guys, there were a lot of reports of S-300s being ordered. However, I haven't received any confirmation officially or unofficially. If any one has unofficial confirmation - I'd be most grateful and frankly relieved.

Superdefender

India to Make Sukhoi 30-MKI More Deadly To Counter China And Pakistan
By Raghav Gakhar - August 15, 2017

India and China is going through a standoff and the signs does not look so nice if we see from Chinese perspective. India is tackling China with a lot of patience and not reacting to provocation from Chinese forces on the land.
Indian government has decided to enhance the firepower of Sukhoi 30MKI. The enhancement will be done under a 3000 Crore proposal which was approved recently.

Sukhoi 30-MKI will be equipped with new reconnaissance pods which will help detect terrorists on mountains or inside bunkers. They can be on a rough terrain but they will be detected.
The pods will help in finding any high value enemy hidden on any terrain. It will be easier to analyze and identify any one hiding on impossible terrains. Earlier, it was not possible to identify and hit the bunkers from the air. If these reconnaissance pods would be available in any previous wars, i.e 1971 or Kargil war, it would be so easy for the air force to hit the Pakistan army bunkers. Even if is a bunker made in a natural cave, it can be targeted.

Sukhoi 30 MKI is a twinjet multi role superiority fighter and is heavy and long range fighter. Sukhoi gives freedom to Indian Air Force to fight any offensive. With Sukhoi 30 MKI, Indian Air Force won 90% of mock combat missions against US F-15C.
With more firepower, there is a lot to worry for the enemy nations who already felt the risk of countering Sukhoi 30-MKI. It will be good to see how Sukhoi performs in any future dual exercises.

Source Link: http://defencelover.in/india-make-sukhoi-30-mki-deadly-counter-china-pakistan/

Reactions: Kay

jat

India and China is going through a standoff and the signs does not look so nice if we see from Chinese perspective. India is tackling China with a lot of patience and not reacting to provocation from Chinese forces on the land.
Indian government has decided to enhance the firepower of Sukhoi 30MKI. The enhancement will be done under a 3000 Crore proposal which was approved recently.

Sukhoi 30-MKI will be equipped with new reconnaissance pods which will help detect terrorists on mountains or inside bunkers. They can be on a rough terrain but they will be detected.
The pods will help in finding any high value enemy hidden on any terrain. It will be easier to analyze and identify any one hiding on impossible terrains. Earlier, it was not possible to identify and hit the bunkers from the air. If these reconnaissance pods would be available in any previous wars, i.e 1971 or Kargil war, it would be so easy for the air force to hit the Pakistan army bunkers. Even if is a bunker made in a natural cave, it can be targeted.

Sukhoi 30 MKI is a twinjet multi role superiority fighter and is heavy and long range fighter. Sukhoi gives freedom to Indian Air Force to fight any offensive. With Sukhoi 30 MKI, Indian Air Force won 90% of mock combat missions against US F-15C.
With more firepower, there is a lot to worry for the enemy nations who already felt the risk of countering Sukhoi 30-MKI. It will be good to see how Sukhoi performs in any future dual exercises.
So the IAF is looking into possibility of multiple Kargils?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles