Sukhoi Su 30MKI

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
India recently ordered (range in km according to Rosoboronexport except R-37M ) R-27R1: 75 R-27ER1: 100 R-27T1: 80 R-27ET1: 80 R-73E (SVV-AE): 30 R-77 (RVV-AE): 80 India has recently tested (Sputnik report) R-74 (RVV-MD): 40 R-77-1 (RVV-SD): 110
can we have a proper source for this numbers , rather than some fan boy twitter claim

rone

Country flag
India recently ordered (range in km according to Rosoboronexport except R-37M ) R-27R1: 75 R-27ER1: 100 R-27T1: 80 R-27ET1: 80 R-73E (SVV-AE): 30 R-77 (RVV-AE): 80 India has recently tested (Sputnik report) R-74 (RVV-MD): 40 R-77-1 (RVV-SD): 110
Wow retardness at peak , when will u guys use the organ called Brian, IAF openly complaint about r77 and older version missile's like r27 in what contest u guys think IAF give follow order for that missiles even the lobby played his part, they push import mal which better then current ones In Use and bag profit in it, not the old cheep ones, even they do that CGA like controllers let it go?, I told u before these are proxy deals in which u buy specified weapon system or variant of weapon system that already known to public and conceal the real purchased product which will give element of surprise those who in receiving end of purchaser, use ur faking Brian's don't sallow everything tweeted or posted and darg post for another 10 pages, jeezz guys try to contribute to forum by new info not by unverified over hyped gossips, forum quality degrading in yo the level of peedeef where what ever posted became natural fact like 1971 there was no war east Pakistan donated to rebels as a gud will gesture and 90 k pak army member in India in end of that year went for Sumer vacation as a highly discount package,

rone

Country flag
I dunno what is that please explain :biggrin2::)

My guess jammer?
Knirti SAP 518 ECM pod last I checked with my friends they replied IAF prefer Israel one over this badboy becoz of flexibility but he also said when this baby on board even from too close distance radar lock impossible, due to its classified nature IAF baned its use on foreign exercise where mki participated instead birds flown with elta pods

rone

Country flag
If my assumption are correct IAF fall back to what Russian's suggested on maks 2009, config they proposed revamped ADF and deadly SEAD/DEAD role config, I forgot what was ADF config but it mentioned improved r27 with active seeker, at that time they also proposed license manufacturing of its parts if we buy bulk but UPA fcked it up and gone for harier upgrades, anyways pic of DEAD / SEAD role mki

abhay rajput

Country flag
If my assumption are correct IAF fall back to what Russian's suggested on maks 2009, config they proposed revamped ADF and deadly SEAD/DEAD role config, I forgot what was ADF config but it mentioned improved r27 with active seeker, at that time they also proposed license manufacturing of its parts if we buy bulk but UPA fcked it up and gone for harier upgrades, anyways pic of DEAD / SEAD role mki
The thing is those elta jammer Nevers works well with su30mki radars on.. there were integration problems. .. prasun Gupta mentioned that in his blog .. now IAF is back to those jammers .. but they can also be DRDO jamming pod hbj they call..
https://www.livefistdefence.com/2017/02/how-a-secretive-drdo-lab-is-saving-the-iaf-su-30mki.html

Last edited:

rone

Country flag
The thing is those elta jammer Nevers works well with su30mki radars .. prasun k Gupta mentioned that in his blog ..
Yep as I said my friend who is a wso on mki ( now no idea where that BC is no contact for long time ) he used to say abt his Peace time flying stories when all our college buddies hit drinks on rocks, so one time I asked how was the bird he said some time avionics like ur teen gf never do the stuff u wanted I asked why ?, he simply replied man she is Russian she is always one man women, while u can try to charm her with all Israeli and French kisses but she only chram to her man on Russia , he replied always like in this way ( indirect way ) when I ask technical stuff he say limited info, also when I asked abt maws he says ya some beauties lack their grandma's blessing but it doesn't mean she lacks the teeth, so all these talk's happened in early 2010 and 11 so these teething issues may be resolved am not sure, anyways whether it's Israeli or Russian the Beauty is a Beast,

abhay rajput

Country flag
Yep as I said my friend who wso on mki ( now no idea where that BC is no contact for long time ) he used to say abt his Peace time flying stories when all our college buddies hit drinks on rocks, so one time I asked how was the bird he said some time avionics like ur teen gf never do the stuff u wanted I asked why ?, he simply replied man she is Russian she is always one man women, while u can try to charm her with all Israeli and French kisses but she only chram to her man on Russia , he replied always like in this way ( indirect way ) only say technical stuff he say limited, also when I asked abt maws he says ya some beauties lack their grandma's blessing buy it doesn't mean she lacks the teeth, so all these talk's happened in early 2010 and 11 so these teething issues may be resolved am not sure, anyways whether it's Israeli or Russian the Beauty is Beast,
Read the article by Shiv aroor.

south block

up your a**
Country flag
Knirti SAP 518 ECM pod last I checked with my friends they replied IAF prefer Israel one over this badboy becoz of flexibility but he also said when this baby on board even from too close distance radar lock impossible, due to its classified nature IAF baned its use on foreign exercise where mki participated instead birds flown with elta pods
Those look more like DARE pods than SAP 518.
DARE-developed EW Pod.jpg

rone

Country flag
Those look more like DARE pods than SAP 518.
View attachment 44084
nope in order to deploy them it has to be certified by OEM, in this case, Russians not agreed to it (toi best of my knowledge )
if am correct the only non-Russian plugin they allowed is maws , for example, they asked huge amount to add air-launched Brahmos to mki but hal done it with half of it cost with better functionality (including new Indian mission computer and other things that i can't disclose here ) it happened after long tug war so now u guys understand why IAF dead set on western Birds ( Russians milking in a way they can)

porky_kicker

Country flag
I sometimes shake my head ,if OEM certification is required than why did drdo develop the same in the first place ?

Is DRDO not aware of this simple fact ?

When brahmos was integrated , why no OEM certification was needed ?

When ASTRA was integrated , why no OEM certification was needed ?

When Israeli lightning pod was integrated , why no OEM certification was needed ?

Etc
Etc

Inshort why a damn pod needs to certified by the Russian OEM ?

When the aerodynamic studies will be done inhouse , then the design will be done inhouse , then integration will be done inhouse and testing will be done inhouse.

If capabilities for certification is not present inhouse than that's another matter .

Last edited:

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Russian Fighters if observed closely doesn't boast "all aspect stealth", they never were designed for that, its an old cold war era design. The purpose they serve is simple... multirole. Since geographical coverage of Russia is huge (even post soviet era collapse) they were designed to have long range, more armament and able to switch role. Russians believed that rather than having slew of jets for each role, create one fighter, make it good and make it in large numbers.

More importantly, they were designed to "out maneuver" missiles from a distance. Missile lock can be dodged, it's proven in Balakot air action. EW doesn't work that well, especially with radar homing and jammer homing missiles. AMRAMM 120c or120d can home on target even if it's being jammed, so the only possibility I can think of is that our pilots out maneuvered those missiles by bleeding it's energy. SU30MKI were flying at very high altitudes, if the missile lock did happened they would've made a hard-turn, dive sideways very fast and later sustain increase of AoA envelope until the missile bleed its energy.
Russia design different fighter for different role.

For e.g they have Mig 31 Sukhoi and Mig 29/35 series . Then they have heavy bombers like Tu series .

porky_kicker

Country flag
https://www.livefistdefence.com/2017/02/how-a-secretive-drdo-lab-is-saving-the-iaf-su-30mki.html
If this is being developed, I think Russians don't protest or will protest because this news is three years earlier to say.
There is nothing to protest

EW pod or any pod for the matter is not an original OEM ( Sukhoi ) product. It belongs to another company . It's a add on product.

As long as we have the capability to integrate the same with the relevant sub systems inside the aircraft and certify it , we are fine.

How are we then integrating the ODL in su30mki then ?

How did we integrate the Indian RWR in su30mki then ?

How did we integrate the Indian mission computer in su30mki then ?

Etc

rone

Country flag
There is nothing to protest

EW pod or any pod for the matter is not an original OEM ( Sukhoi ) product. It belongs to another company . It's a add on product.

As long as we have the capability to integrate the same with the relevant sub systems inside the aircraft and certify it , we are fine.

How are we then integrating the ODL in su30mki then ?

How did we integrate the Indian RWR in su30mki then ?

How did we integrate the Indian mission computer in su30mki then ?

Etc
Actually the answer is simple to add any external add-on it not just plug and fly format they have to do CFD calculation and other simulation for aerodynamic characteristics change to make sure that it won't make any un nessery vibration or it may lead to resonance effect which may effect flight controls inputs ( see f22 crash video ) then ODl and rwr already present these are LRU it won't affects the bird's flying characteristics
So hal need OEM certification to get after sale's warranty if not anything happens to bird they won't take responsibility ( remember when machine computer of mki caused ejection of pilots OEM taken responsible)

porky_kicker

Country flag
Actually the answer is simple to add any external add-on it not just plug and fly format they have to do CFD calculation and other simulation for aerodynamic characteristics change to make sure that it won't make any un nessery vibration or it may lead to resonance effect which may effect flight controls inputs ( see f22 crash video ) then ODl and rwr already present these are LRU it won't affects the bird's flying characteristics
So hal need OEM certification to get after sale's warranty if not anything happens to bird they won't take responsibility ( remember when machine computer of mki caused ejection of pilots OEM taken responsible)
Seriously ?

Read again what I wrote previously

When the aerodynamic studies will be done inhouse , then the design will be done inhouse , then integration will be done inhouse and testing will be done inhouse.

Even installing RWRs need aerodynamic stimulations , who said they are simply LRUs , only the associated processors are LRUs. Where are the receivers placed, inside ? or outside the aircraft ?

And who said ODL is simply LRUs , where will the associated antennas be placed, internal ? Or external ?

Anything external to the aircraft even if of minute dimensions need aerodynamic stimulation and certification.

And also what OEM certification in the case of Su30mki ?

Who is building the aircraft from scratch ?

Sukhoi ?
Or
HAL ?

And therefore who provides the warranty ?

The manufacturer who got the ToT to build the same ?
Or
The designer ( cum manufacturer ) who gave the licence to another manufacturer to build the same ?

OEM gives warrenty to products build by it not those built under license by another company.

My last post regarding this.

Last edited:

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
Yes, that's why the hbj pod was made, I posted that three years old article above to prove my point.

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
Seriously ?

Read again what I wrote previously

Even installing RWRs need aerodynamic stimulations , who said they are LRUs , only the associated processors are LRUs.

And who said ODL is simply LRUs , where will the associated antennas be placed internal ? Or external ?

When the Israeli pod was installed then also aerodynamic stimulations was done.

Anything external to the aircraft even if of minute dimensions need aerodynamic stimulation.

And also what OEM certification in the case of Su30mki ?

Repeating the same thing again and again.

Who is building the aircraft from scratch ?

Sukhoi ?
Or
HAL ?

And who provides the warranty ?

The manufacturer who got the ToT to build the same ?
Or
The designer who gave the licence to the manufacturer to build the same

I am done believe what you want
O.... sirji you have any news of that mythical brahmos hypersonic version or Russians have grown too much close to Chinese and decided to not piss Chinese anymore.
Becuase no news of it and the CEO of brahmos keep increasing years.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles