Sukhoi PAK FA

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
This article is confusing the hell out of me:-

On account of the technological, capability and price issues, the IAF was clearly unhappy with the platform and was keen that the project be called off.
Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA) which is still on the drawing board and currently with an uncertain future.
I would like to ask the learned Air Marshal Pandey, what 5th gen aircraft does the IAF have in mind to counter J-20 and J-31?
If FGFA is an expensive fu** up and if AMCA has an "uncertain future", which aircraft does the IAF plan to field?
F-35? I would think not, since ACM Dhanoa recently spoke against such plans.

for HAL, it was more an issue of their survival. Since the Su-30MKI project will be completed in the next few years, the Indian aerospace major is looking for another major aircraft project for its survival. Given the fact that the tender for 126 medium multi-role combat aircraft has been cancelled and other projects such as for building single engine combat aircraft in India in large numbers under the ‘Make in India’ programme not moving forward, HAL is keen that the FGFA project would come as a saviour and ought not to be cancelled. HAL is also of the view that the experience gained with the FGFA project will ultimately help develop the indigenous Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA) which is still on the drawing board and currently with an uncertain future.
About the question for HAL's survival, I think HAL would do quite well producing HAL Tejas aircraft over the next decade, and HAL AMCA thereafter. Why does it need another aircraft to stay afloat is beyond me. HAL also has a lot of other aircraft that it makes, so if the Su-30 MKI line stops and Su-57 is not ordered, all HAL would loose is a part of itself, not its whole self.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
This article is confusing the hell out of me:-

I would like to ask the learned Air Marshal Pandey, what 5th gen aircraft does the IAF have in mind to counter J-20 and J-31?
If FGFA is an expensive fu** up and if AMCA has an "uncertain future", which aircraft does the IAF plan to field?
F-35? I would think not, since ACM Dhanoa recently spoke against such plans.

About the question for HAL's survival, I think HAL would do quite well producing HAL Tejas aircraft over the next decade, and HAL AMCA thereafter. Why does it need another aircraft to stay afloat is beyond me. HAL also has a lot of other aircraft that it makes, so if the Su-30 MKI line stops and Su-57 is not ordered, all HAL would loose is a part of itself, not its whole self.

It makes sense for India to be closer to US as China, Russia and Pakistan forms a de facto alliance. India cannot continue to believe that it can balance China with Russia and US. Russia is increasingly becoming a puppet of China. Nehru's disastrous naivety should be in bold characters to Indian foreign policy experts.

Regarding PAKFA, I think once all capabilities that India wants are factored in, the price per unit and operational cost would be much more than the F-35. It's a simple rule on economies of scale since Russia's order would only be in two digits. Second, PAKFA is not going to be an effective LO aircraft judging from its design and the low state of Russian RAM technology. Furthermore, it's avionics are questionable given Russia's lack of access to high tech electronics due to sanctions.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
It makes sense for India to be closer to US as China, Russia and Pakistan forms a de facto alliance. India cannot continue to believe that it can balance China with Russia and US. Russia is increasingly becoming a puppet of China. Nehru's disastrous naivety should be in bold characters to Indian foreign policy experts.

Regarding PAKFA, I think once all capabilities that India wants are factored in, the price per unit and operational cost would be much more than the F-35. It's a simple rule on economies of scale since Russia's order would only be in two digits. Second, PAKFA is not going to be an effective LO aircraft judging from its design and the low state of Russian RAM technology. Furthermore, it's avionics are questionable given Russia's lack of access to high tech electronics due to sanctions.
We have seen the alliance between Pakistan and USA and are not stupid to simply go on the basis of Pakistan-Russia alliance. Even China did not support Pakistan like USA did. Simply saying that India should be closer to USA holds no ground

Russia gave India ToT for making Su30MKI including AL31F engine, T90 tanks, cryogenic engine for ISRO etc. So, in case of PAK-FA too, India can expect to get lot of ToT for making the entire plane in India. Russia India relation is not business but an alliance.

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
We have seen the alliance between Pakistan and USA and are not stupid to simply go on the basis of Pakistan-Russia alliance. Even China did not support Pakistan like USA did. Simply saying that India should be closer to USA holds no ground

Russia gave India ToT for making Su30MKI including AL31F engine, T90 tanks, cryogenic engine for ISRO etc. So, in case of PAK-FA too, India can expect to get lot of ToT for making the entire plane in India. Russia India relation is not business but an alliance.
Cryogenic, when.

Sent from my Aqua Ace II using Tapatalk

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
Cryogenic, when.

Read about Nambi Narayan arrest. In 1994, Russia gave 7 cryogenic engines to India. Russia did not give ToT under USA pressure as Russian economy was fragile back then but the engines were reverse engineerable.

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
Read about Nambi Narayan arrest. In 1994, Russia gave 7 cryogenic engines to India. Russia did not give ToT under USA pressure as Russian economy was fragile back then but the engines were reverse engineerable.
He is falsely charged. I didn't found any detail about Russia providing 7 cryogenic engines.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
He is falsely charged. I didn't found any detail about Russia providing 7 cryogenic engines.

He was falsely charged of leaking details to Maldivian women. But the real intention was to stop the cryogenic engine from coming to India. Russia did give 7 cryogenic engines in 1994 to India against the wishes of USA

prohumanity

Country flag
So does that mean that India will simply roll over if China occupies contested territories?

Why spend Gazillions on S-400?

Well..Well. Well...friend ! India doesn't need to roll over....just the opposite ! India and China both will become so strong militarily that War between them will become impossible. It will be understood by both sides that war between India and China will mean mutually assured destruction..

Just a few days ago, Chinese foreign minister, Yang lee said " Dragon and Elephant must not fight but dance together." Chinese leaders understand the future outcome of any war between Dragon and Elephant.

These are some other forces who have wishful thinking of making India and China enemies....because Pakistan has become useless for them now as its too weak to corner India.

The only choice left then...will be peaceful co-existence and TRADE across Himalayas.

prohumanity

Country flag
[Russia is increasingly becoming a puppet of China.

No...Russia is NOT becoming puppet to China or anyone else...This is not in nature of Russians...They are too prideful people.
If you don't believe...go to YouTube and watch March 01 address of Vlad Putin where he displays extremely powerful weapons Russia has made in an attempt to counter any pressure and arm twisting by any country.

Valdimir Putin is going to win again on March18 and will be President of Russia for next 6 years(till 2024)
So expect the same from Russia in future...continued efforts to help the World to become Multi-Polar.

gadeshi

Any updates on the goals of the Syrian mission, after they arrived at home?
No.
It was just a series of express tests like very condensed Romb mission (Afganistan, 1987).

Отправлено с моего XT1080 через Tapatalk

scatterStorm

Country flag
S-400 is next to useless in India against China since Russia also supplied China with S-400 and China by now would have already mastered everything about it including how to defeat it.
I disagree, any Defence system isn't useless, take the example of Yemeni's shooting down an F16 Advanced variant with a surface launched R27ER recently, that is hilarious considering that missile isn't meant to be highly maneuverable and is dedicated to destroying large aerial targets like tankers or AWACS systems because of it's extended range. I would also say that depends on certain factors to why that F16 was shot but you get my point.

So like the western propaganda machine, they are still living in utopia, air defence systems are real threat even to Stealth planes or whatever. We just don't know what a S300 could do, since not much of action it has seen but there's enough evidence that a puny R27 can do such thing, this reflects the prowess of Russians in terms air defence systems. They didn't perfected Fighter jets, because Russian geography wan't in favour of them so they took rather cheap approach and perfected air defence systems.

On the other hand, Western philosophy was all about cutting edge air supremacy, this is the very reason they perfected Stealth tech.

Besides, we are also missing the point of an air-to-air battle at Himalayas, it's not possible because of geography. Even Americans know this.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles