Suggestions and Feedback

Neo

Is it possible to delete my account + posts ? Need some insight from mods.
Technically yes, when banning a person there's an option to (hard) delete all posts and account. But mods won't allow it because it affects many threads abs quoted posts.

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
Technically yes, when banning a person there's an option to (hard) delete all posts and account. But mods won't allow it because it affects many threads abs quoted posts.
If I don't know that you are from pakistan, I would have mistaken you for an another Indian.
Dude, your behaviour is very Indian like. A passive Indian misguided by lot of propaganda.

Too bad.

asingh10

I know there's an option because Mad Indian's posts were deleted.

Kay

Country flag
Suggestions - Don't know if feasible

1. Creation of Subforums under main forumsb e.g. Submarines under Indian Navy ...and then under Submarines, Scorpene, Arihant, etc...this would make finding info much easier....

2. Separating news and discussion threads

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
at the moment when i quote a post, the quoted post is shown and there is a small dagger-like icon and if you click on it , it takes you to the original quoted post

that is a great feature to have and thanks for it , it takes us back to the original

what we now need is a facility to take us forward ....that is to say when we read the original post and someone has quoted it , we at this time have no way of knowing that the post we are reading has been quoted somewhere ahead and we have to go through pages to see see the follow up on the post we are reading ...

so my suggestion is that when someone quotes or replies to a post , there should be some icon o the original post to indicate that someone has quoted or replied to it and when we click on that icon, it will take us forward to the later posts which are replying or quoting it as a basis for further discussion . .... we will of course need more than one icon as more people that just one will possibly quote it or reply to it ....we could have asterisk and then number 1, 2, 3, and so on so that we are not limiting ourselves s as to how many future posts can reply or quote it .....

any need to understand what i meant, please send me pm

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
Its not up to me, but the whole staff ..
But you can lobby.
Their job is commendable,they have upped the standards of the forum,The LAC-LOC-IB thread and the Speical forces thread are gems of this forum.
==========================================

Last edited:

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
@Kunal Biswas @Yusuf @pmaitra @tarunraju @sayareakd @LETHALFORCE

Lately there have been a spate of troll accounts on the forum. At a time when one of you are online, it doesn't matter but sometimes there is no mod online and it just derails the whole forum..

Can we use a plugin like Trust+ (https://xenforo.com/community/resources/trust.4486/) so that we block users registering using proxies or VPN?

I would personally be happy to pitch in with some money if required to buy such a plugin.

Or maybe we just make new user accounts be approved by a mod. Most trolls are not smart, you can usually tell it is the same guy.

sthf

Country flag
What the hell!!!

I created the new thread to put some light on OFB. Now it'll be firmly buried into the sticky thread if the news of OFB making a new and improved Dunali hit the internet.

@sob @tarunraju

Guys please restore the thread and turn my multiple posts into a single readable article.

@Kunal Biswas You asked me to open a new thread for OFB, I did. Reinstate the thread.

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
There been plenty of threads of OFB in various sections, Its better to post in a single main thread ..

I never asked you to open new threads, The conversation is still there ..

sthf

Country flag
@Kunal Biswas

First of all, get off your high horse and have the common courtesy to tag me if you are addressing me unless in your mind, we have some kind of messed up relationship where know each other's thoughts, hopes and dreams.

Second, you asked me to "criticize it (OFB) to death, But in way it make sense.. (sic)". I have done so, if it still doesn't "make sense.." to you, its your problem not mine. Reinstate the thread.

Third, if you can read that conversation, I am still banned from the two threads for more than six months or so I remember.

If you intend to have to a conversation like a decent human being stop being a petty narcissist.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
If you want to retort to a post with a smart alec comment & If you feel like wasting bandwidth and other people's time, this forum is not for you..

You were given sufficient chances to prove your claims so does warnings ..

Rule violations & consequences

1. The Staff of DFI reserves the right to delete any topic or post and ban any user at any time without any previous notice. The staff will edit or delete any offending post.

2. Consequences for violation of forum rules include warning or infraction issued by a staff member. A gentle reminder or friendly advice too may be issued, which should be taken seriously.

3. Permanent ban will be issued for continuous violation of forum rules and disregard for warnings by Staff of DFI.
@Kunal Biswas

First of all, get off your high horse and have the common courtesy to tag me if you are addressing me unless in your mind, we have some kind of messed up relationship where know each other's thoughts, hopes and dreams.

Second, you asked me to "criticize it (OFB) to death, But in way it make sense.. (sic)". I have done so, if it still doesn't "make sense.." to you, its your problem not mine. Reinstate the thread.

Third, if you can read that conversation, I am still banned from the two threads for more than six months or so I remember.

If you intend to have to a conversation like a decent human being stop being a petty narcissist.

Global Defence

Articles