Suggestions and Feedback

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
We had that setup years ago. Many staff members have become inactive. Very few are left to moderate, and not all posts and threads are being reviewed.
Yeah, I thought so. There is a scarcity of active mods in this forum.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
^^ Looks that a step's completed.
Troll thread is gone from strategic section. :)
I will look ahead regarding it's offensive title and offensive posts (except PDF comments) after some time. Abhi thoda rehne do.
I'll talk with admins. Let's restrict some words, clean the garbage and get more international members on a dedicated and informative forum.:first:

sasum

Atheist but not Communists.
Yeah, I thought so. There is a scarcity of active mods in this forum.
DFI ̧̧has 15000+ members. How many are active? Around 80 I think. We are not getting popular view on any matter. At any given time 500 odd guests browse various threads. How many get inspired to register? Public forums are instruments of socio-political reforms. Internet based forums have the added advantage of traversing geo-political barrier. Is DFI on course to realise its enormous potential? A few members, staff/mods have been dominating all discussions and trying to mould views of others. Why cannot Admin allow guests to post comments, provided they log in thru google/ twitter/ facebook/ email ! There is a need to manage this forum in a more professional way. There is inconsistency and opacity in dealing with delinquent members. All complaints received needs to be dealt with in public, in full glare. Many of the members' arguments are driven by false ego rather than any substance.
I have always felt, if you keep a thread open for too long, invariably old issues will be repeatedly raised. @Kunal Biswas has many times pointed to it. Finally, this being a defence forum, why Religion and politics are discussed so much?

Last edited:

anoop_mig25

Country flag
DFI ̧̧has 15000+ members. How many are active? Around 80 I think. We are not getting popular view on any matter. At any given time 500 odd guests browse various threads. How many get inspired to register? Public forums are instruments of socio-political reforms. Internet based forums have the added advantage of traversing geo-political barrier. Is DFI on course to realise its enormous potential? A few members, staff/mods have been dominating all discussions and trying to mould views of others. Why cannot Admin allow guests to post comments, provided they log in thru google/ twitter/ facebook/ email ! There is a need to manage this forum in a more professional way. There is inconsistency and opacity in dealing with delinquent members. All complaints received needs to be dealt with in public, in full glare. Many of the members' arguments are driven by false ego rather than any substance.
I have always felt, if you keep a thread open for too long, invariably old issues will be repeatedly raised. @Kunal Biswas has many times pointed to it. Finally, this being a defence forum, why Religion and politics are discussed so much?

May be most of them are not expert in defence technology + termonology and so cannot contribute in defence threads , hence we see such huge debates in politics section rather then defence section

also lots of good old users have left or are inactive

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Little suggestion, can "Report" option be moved to somewhere else since I always hit trying to hit "Like" :D

Neo

May I suggest using the filter to block some derogatory/abusive words and name calling wrt nationality/race/religion? This will certainly add up to the quality of the debate and reduce provocation and trolling. After all behavior breeds behavior.

@pmaitra please delete my post from the moderation announcement thread as I am unable to do so.
Thanks
@pmaitra , @sob, @Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Name calling and personal attacks are still being tolerated in many sections. As derogatory terms such as "Porkies, Porkistan, Pukies, Poopies" etc are tollerated, I'm sure you won't mind my replies with creative names for India /Indians and won't delete them.

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
May be most of them are not expert in defence technology + termonology and so cannot contribute in defence threads , hence we see such huge debates in politics section rather then defence section

also lots of good old users have left or are inactive
Or most of the people don't have any interest in defence related things.
Admit it, our defence technologies barring few, are crap compared to US or other countries.
Most of the technical activity is happening since parrikar term.
I found this forum when I was searching for Agni-5 missile info.
After chewing some of it, I left empty stomach.
All speculations and no substantial progress for some time. I found no learning curve in the whole scenario.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
@Yusuf @Singh @Daredevil @LurkerBaba

Can we have auto delete or some other mechanism to delete words like Porkis. Leg pulling is one thing but this just goes beyond all acceptable levels.
@pmaitra , @sob, @Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Name calling and personal attacks are still being tolerated in many sections. As derogatory terms such as "Porkies, Porkistan, Pukies, Poopies" etc are tollerated, I'm sure you won't mind my replies with creative names for India /Indians and won't delete them.
I don't wanna offend anyone (and I rarely use such racist slurs), I got to learn something from YouTube that Bharati is a racist slur for Indians according to Pakistanis. :lol:

sasum

Atheist but not Communists.
Name-calling is a habit developed by kids in schools and play-grounds. At least it is more harmless than sexually colored abuses (integral part of punjabi lingo) that go unedited in social media. As for Pakistanis, most use the same cuss words as Indians. Punjabis in Lahore and Delhi are same. I have seen comments section of various news sites where Pakis call Hindus as Bhindis (ladies finger), Jai Hind as Gay Hind. On DFI, I once ticked off @DEJAVU for habitually writing "indians" for "Indians".
So it works both ways. As for PDF, it is more sanitised but bias against Indians are palpable. I find it very difficult to log in there with my valid password. Once webmaster inquired why i used that particular webmail service !!!! Such is their mindset. I have stopped visiting defencePk and am happy about it.

pmaitra

@Yusuf @Singh @Daredevil @LurkerBaba

Can we have auto delete or some other mechanism to delete words like Porkis. Leg pulling is one thing but this just goes beyond all acceptable levels.
Couple of years ago, we were clamping down hard on name-calling, including the word "porki." Now, we have a member whose nomme-de-plume includes the word "porki."

pmaitra

Despite repeated reminders [LINK], members seem to cross the line. It happens too often for some members. Some action has been taken. Hopefully, this will encourage members to review the forum rules.

Temporary bans are in consideration. Also in consideration is the Rabbit Breeding Algorithm to determine the duration of the temporary bans. Every subsequent duration shall be longer.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
hello @pmaitra @Sakal Gharelu Ustad
a friend of mine username' endeavour' needs conformation as he just created a new account. And he hasnt got even after 48 hours.
please help.. thanks.
@LurkerBaba -can you take a look. He can view PMs but cannot post or see content. Error says- account needs to be confirmed.

Also he could not find confirmation email in spam.

Global Defence

Articles