Suggestions and Feedback

A.V.

we have sub-forum for computer technology and gfx already under general talk

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
can we have a e books section/DFI library where our respected members can give reviews and read for their knowledge. Members can contribute/pledge their genuine purchased e books for DFI.

A.V.

A.V.

can we have a e books section/DFI library where our respected members can give reviews and read for their knowledge. Members can contribute/pledge their genuine purchased e books for DFI.
i have made a military book review section in the wiki if more book review section is needed can be made in one of the general talk subforums there is enough space there to start the idea

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
That would be infringing upon the copyrights and we don't want to be part of such idea. You can always find e-books by other means.

But the reviews of the books can be shared as AV has pointed out.

Quickgun Murugan

Can we have full country name besides every members country flag instead of ".At", ".Ct", ".IT" . Its difficult to understand some countries abbreviation you know?

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Those .in .au .pk, etc are Internet TLD codes of the country. It's probably the shortest possible abbriviation for any country since it doesn't exceed two characters. Refer to the list in this article for TLDs of all countries. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Country_code_top-level_domain

Yes, it is possible to also display what country's flag it is (earlier there used to be a scrolling text of the country of the flag). The TLD codes are part of the flag animated images, so they will stay.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Also, for users to whom the country flag is displayed next to the avatar instead of below, there's a quick fix. Use an avatar image with width greater than 100 pixels.

Quickgun Murugan

Those .in .au .pk, etc are Internet TLD codes of the country. It's probably the shortest possible abbriviation for any country since it doesn't exceed two characters. Refer to the list in this article for TLDs of all countries. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Country_code_top-level_domain

Yes, it is possible to also display what country's flag it is (earlier there used to be a scrolling text of the country of the flag). The TLD codes are part of the flag animated images, so they will stay.

Yeah I was actually referring to that marquee which displayed the country name.That was good. Also, the comment feature which was available in the previous version cannot be implemented in this platform eh?

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
To my knowledge, we aren't able to get Micro-comments and Thanks to work on vBulletin 4. The database structures are slightly different, and those plugins aren't working smoothly.

bhramos

Country flag
hi mods, please add rutube also to embed in videos.
thanks in advance.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I suggest badguy be banned from posting external links to Chinese sites. Every time I try to open it I get a malware warning.

Patriot

Country flag
Respected Moderators,
I would like to suggest that there should be some approval process before launching a thread. As I have observed that there are two many new interrelated threads without any substantial value for the further discussion. People are just keep on adding threads out of any xyz news item. At times it makes difficult to make post in the relevent thread.

Regards
Patriot

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Respected Moderators,
I would like to suggest that there should be some approval process before launching a thread. As I have observed that there are two many new interrelated threads without any substantial value for the further discussion. People are just keep on adding threads out of any xyz news item. At times it makes difficult to make post in the relevent thread.

Regards
Patriot
i will like to take a leaf from yusuf's book of suggestions with a slight moderation, this again be taken as a part of suggestion:

we allow members to start just 1 thread max a day, with a max 3 for a week, and at most 8-10 for the month. beyond this any new thread created be queued up for moderation.

A.V.

To my knowledge, we aren't able to get Micro-comments and Thanks to work on vBulletin 4. The database structures are slightly different, and those plugins aren't working smoothly.
UPDATE---- COMMENTS working great ... check tutorial on announcements helpful answers is better than thanks .....

A.V.

I suggest badguy be banned from posting external links to Chinese sites. Every time I try to open it I get a malware warning.
will try and ask him to cut down his cd links but then china has no proper source to even justify ...
report make wale posts we try and remove those links at the earliest

plugwater

How about some alert message when someone comment in your post and when someone reply to your comments in others posts? many of the comments are going unnoticed

A.V.

How about some alert message when someone comment in your post and when someone reply to your comments in others posts? many of the comments are going unnoticed
cannot be done with comments as of now its only for posts as of now but if connected with facebook can see the alerts on facebook wall but marked for future development for sure ....

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles