Sufi clerics issue call to reject hardline Wahabis

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The All India Ulama and Mashaikh Board has urged Muslims to reject hardline Wahabi Islam, which it said was giving the community a bad name.

http://toi.in/4SkUDb

Don't know how influential they are, hope others listen to them.

Galaxy

Country flag
Islamic scholar Maulana Wahiduddin Khan, however, didn't accept the presence of Wahabi-inspired hardliners in India. "At best you can call them mild fundamentalists. Muslims can't afford to be radical in India. About 95% of Indian Muslims had Hindu ancestors. So Hindu culture dominates India, the basis of which is tolerance.
I must say, Maulana Wahiduddin Khan really gave very liberal and frank opinion. Hope everyone follows his honest opinion and follow the path of tolerance which is foundation of Indian culture. We are Indian and not arabi. :thumb:

TOI

Last edited:

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Wahhabis have petrodollars. That's what counts at the end of the day, isn't it? Sufis and moderate can issue all the calls they want, if they don't have cash they don't have influence.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Actually at the start the Saudi kings were not "Wahabized". It was a political decision for them to let the Wahabis do what they want in return for the Sauds to rule

Sikh_warrior

Professional
a nice initiative, but so many before have gone wasted.

i hope the learned ones heed to the call.

chances are hardliners might brand these people as kafirs......

KS

Bye bye DFI
With the likes of Imam Bukhari on the other side I dont think these sane voices will ever prevail.

Anyway I wish them the best in their ordeal.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I don't know. These guys will never get publicity and neither will the media prop such thoughts.

For some violence has some kind of a glamor or "cool" quotient to it that excited people. I don't know what it is. I really hope the lunies change track.

sandeepdg

It is a good step but it will hardly have any effect of India's Sunni Muslim population. Institutions like Jaamaat-I-Hind and Deoband have immense following among the Sunnis and they are totally Wahabized.

As long as you don't have money power to support your cause and views, you are nothing.

pmaitra

With the likes of Imam Bukhari on the other side I dont think these sane voices will ever prevail.

Anyway I wish them the best in their ordeal.
If Bukhari was sent back to Uzbekistan (his ancestral home), I am sure he will land up being incarcerated. He should know better.

Same goes for Gilani, if he is sent back to Iran.

Similar fundamentalists also issued fatwas again Dr. Mohammad Yunus of Grameen Bank and called his idea of financing as un-Islamic, but he went on with his idea. We should just ignore these morons who are looking for cheap publicity; or just tell them, in no uncertain terms, that they are no authority in doling out certificates about who is a Kafir and who isn't.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
This is nothing new. Plenty of similar calls have been made in the past.

One word from extremist and whole media attention will be on him thus nullifying the words of many sane people. Controversy creates max trp....open tomorrow's newspaper and you'll see news regarding death, destruction, rape and other negative things.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
If Bukhari was sent back to Uzbekistan (his ancestral home), I am sure he will land up being incarcerated. He should know better.

Same goes for Gilani, if he is sent back to Iran.

They all claim foreign descent, but that is the way most hide their real antecedents.

None in Pakistan, for instance, have descent in India. They are thoroughbred Arab steed!

And to imagine, the Bangladehis too claim the same!

And then they all claim to be the direct descendant of their Prophet, by chucking in a Syed or a Sheik at will!

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles