Sucessful Brahmos launch from SU30MKI

G10

Country flag
That zee news is not a reliable source. I lost faith when they ran the chip in new 2000 note program for days.

delbruky

THE VALOR OF BHAI SATI DAS 1621-1675
Country flag
Can someone kindly enlighten if there an ongoing project with the IAF that envisages firing of Brahmos from carrier based mig 29upg.
Secondly Why wasn't carrier based mig29 chosen over MKI, As I understand MKI's are only ground based and we have the capability of launching Brahmos from ground based stations?

If mig29s were chosen instead of MKIs we would have this strike capabilities in the deep sea missions as well? Both migs 29s and Brahmos are russian platforms just like Sukhois. Mig 29's also have a very good thrust to weight ratio.

Superdefender

That zee news is not a reliable source. I lost faith when they ran the chip in new 2000 note program for days.
400km range is not wrong. I just noticed now in Facebook too. Perhaps the source was LiveFist.

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
Can someone kindly enlighten if there an ongoing project with the IAF that envisages firing of Brahmos from carrier based mig 29upg.
Secondly Why wasn't carrier based mig29 chosen over MKI, As I understand MKI's are only ground based and we have the capability of launching Brahmos from ground based stations?

If mig29s were chosen instead of MKIs we would have this strike capabilities in the deep sea missions as well? Both migs 29s and Brahmos are russian platforms just like Sukhois. Mig 29's also have a very good thrust to weight ratio.
Mig-29 will be equipped with BrahMos-NG..

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
Sorry it was IADN. Here is the screenshot.
View attachment 21699
These guys don't have their well settled sources.
They are only best to share open source materials.
Few months earlier IADN claimed smoking kuznetsov as Chinese Liaoning and later deleted it.

Another example is the example of self destruction, huh!
Screenshot_2017-11-23-22-48-54-191_com.UCMobile.intl.png

Original incident is
Birds hit the J-15 after taking off and the pilot landed successfully
http://war.163.com/17/0817/09/CS1H4ULI000181KT.html

Beware of fake claims and keep some safe distance from them.

Good Day

Kay

Country flag

Brahmos is too heavy.
Maybe with Brahmos-NG/Mini.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Can we increase brahmos missile range to 900 km so that we can strike deep into enemy base or other targets and return safe without being fired by enemy sam missiles.
up to 800 km is planned. Current brahmos has a range of 600 KM. it shall be increased to 800 KM in coming 2-3 years.

pmaitra

Use the kavari engines, we dont want to go supersonic, stealth design will do.
Internal bay with View attachment 21701

This type of internal bay would be good.
Yes Sir, that is what I had in mind. We should be able to use Kaveri for this new project. Rotary launchers are used in the B-52 and Tupolev-160. Whether we want to go supersonic or stealth, we should discuss in a dedicated thread.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Most of the news channels have questionable credibility when it comes to technical details. Either its private (zee, the hindu , HT etc) or government (AIR, dd news etc)

This is embarrassing for citizen's of india.
Our media is of extremely poor in quality full of incompetence.
Remember how they detoriated our repute in Nepal 2015 earthquake, this caused a lot of backlash and hate for India among Nepalise that is still present today.

Government must take step to regulate the media. Tell them to tighten up or leave the floor.

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
Government must take step to regulate the media. Tell them to tighten up or leave the floor.
Like GoI opt to 1 day ban of NDTV ?
Than these so called journalists protest for freedom..

Immanuel

Country flag
Current versions of land, air and sea versions are being delivered with software changes that allow the Brahmos to hit targets at atleast 450km. Upgraded versions from 2019-2020 will be over 800 km in range. With new fuels, lighter engine and other hardware, I hear rumors of warhead weight also being reduced with newly developed ICL-20 explosive filling, essentially a warhead potentially 3rd the weight can achieve far better explosive results. Weight savings there should allow for more fuel which jacks up the range as well.

The 42 MKI initially will be able to deploy the Brahmos and that number will most likly increase, 200 Brahmos-A will be deployed by SFC MKI and atleast 3 dozen of these missiles will be N-armed for sure.

This whole excercise of signing MTCR, range increase, upgraded guidance etc. was to ensure SFC can N-Fuck without prejudice.

Chinmoy

Country flag

Its simple. MKI had undergone massive structural change to accommodate BRAHMOS. Although MKIs are license built in India, even then we had to toll hard with Sukhoi design bureau for needed modification. Same is not the case with Mig-29.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Current versions of land, air and sea versions are being delivered with software changes that allow the Brahmos to hit targets at atleast 450km. Upgraded versions from 2019-2020 will be over 800 km in range. With new fuels, lighter engine and other hardware, I hear rumors of warhead weight also being reduced with newly developed ICL-20 explosive filling, essentially a warhead potentially 3rd the weight can achieve far better explosive results. Weight savings there should allow for more fuel which jacks up the range as well.

The 42 MKI initially will be able to deploy the Brahmos and that number will most likly increase, 200 Brahmos-A will be deployed by SFC MKI and atleast 3 dozen of these missiles will be N-armed for sure.

This whole excercise of signing MTCR, range increase, upgraded guidance etc. was to ensure SFC can N-Fuck without prejudice.
Technically Russia can't cooperate in anything over 300km.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles