Su-30 MKI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
A sad day for Su30MKI and for us jingoes. RIP to the pilot.

venkat

sad indeed! what could be the cause? Engine failure,,,cant be ...Su-30 is twin engined! Hydraulic failure? FBW has gone awry? one of the original eights or HAL made one? A thorough failure analysis is required...

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Shocking to say the least. Its the pride of our AF. Lost a pilot as well which is even more devastating. May his soul RIP.

shiv

can it be pilot error?

dont worry guys,even the americans have lost a couple of f-22's,its all a part of the game,i am sure whatever happened our boys in the sky learnt from it and wont repeat the same mistake again.

the good thing is that one of the pilot is safe,his life is worth much more than a 40 million dollar plane.

my condolences to the deceased.Rest in heaven o son of the motherland.

bhramos

Country flag
IAF Su-30MKI Crashed, one pilot dead???

IAF Su-30MKI Crashed, one pilot dead???

A sophisticated Indian Air Force Sukhoi-30 MKI fighter aircraft today crashed near here, killing one of the two pilots.

This is the first time that a Sukhoi-30 MKI, a frontline fighter plane, has crashed.

The incident occurred at around 1020 hours near Rajmathai village, about 70 kms from here, when the plane, the squadron of which is based in Pune, was on a routine exercise, Defence PRO Lt. Col N N Joshi said.

According to district officials, one of the two pilots, who were both holding the rank of wing commander, was killed.

The other pilot managed to eject safely from the aircraft, they said.

A court of inquiry has been ordered into the incident, IAF sources said.

IAF's SU-30 MKI crashes, one pilot dead

Pintu

It is a very sad thing happened, I pray before the almighty to give strength to the family of the valiant son, I pray solemnly to almighty let the soul rest in peace .

Pintu

Here is another report of the sad incident from RIA Novosti.

Link and the report from RIA Novosti follows:

http://en.rian.ru/world/20090430/121393308.html

Pilot killed in Indian Su-30 fighter crash

16:03 | 30/ 04/ 2009

Print version

NEW DELHI, April, 30 (RIA Novosti) - An Indian Su-30MKI fighter plane crashed on Thursday morning in the west of the country, killing the pilot, an Air Force spokesman said.

The spokesman said both pilots ejected, but one was severely injured and later died. The cause of the crash in the state of Rajasthan is unknown.

The crash is the first of a Russian-made fighter in India, the first of which was delivered in 1997. The Indian Air Force has a fleet of more than 50 Su-30MKI's.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Can anybody say if the bird is russian-built or HAL's?

RIP

ahmedsid

Top Gun
A Very Sad day for me Indeed! Never thought I would see this one Crash, but Alas, its a Machine and these things do happen, But I feel Extremely Saddened by the Loss of a Pilot, He tried to save the plane till the last moment I guess, but sadly in Vain. Just wish he had ejected a bit sooner! May His Soul Rest In peace, in eternal Bliss. God Speed.

chandrahass

Professional
Here is another report of the sad incident from RIA Novosti.

Link and the report from RIA Novosti follows:

RIA Novosti - World - Pilot killed in Indian Su-30 fighter crash

Pilot killed in Indian Su-30 fighter crash

16:03 | 30/ 04/ 2009

Print version

NEW DELHI, April, 30 (RIA Novosti) - An Indian Su-30MKI fighter plane crashed on Thursday morning in the west of the country, killing the pilot, an Air Force spokesman said.

The spokesman said both pilots ejected, but one was severely injured and later died. The cause of the crash in the state of Rajasthan is unknown.

The crash is the first of a Russian-made fighter in India, the first of which was delivered in 1997. The Indian Air Force has a fleet of more than 50 Su-30MKI's.
Hmm. Really sad News and worry some too . eagerly awaiting the cause of crash know . it shuld not be the russian mahine in indian dessert in indian summer at least

But i sincerly don't doubt the support crew of MKI for this. after all it is a machine and even raptor has crashed

but sad news indeed sad news ... RIP for the brave pilot

Stargazer

New Delhi: One person was killed when a frontline Su-30MKI combat jet of the Indian Air Force (IAF) crashed while on a routine training mission in Rajasthan, an official said.

The crash occurred at 1030 hrs IST., some 70 km southeast of Jaisalmer, an IAF spokesperson said, adding that the aircraft had taken off from the Lohegaon air base near Pune.

The two-man crew ejected before the jet crashed. The pilot, Wing Commander S V Munje, survived but the navigator, Wing Commander P.S. Narah, succumbed to his injuries, the spokesperson added.

There were no reports of damage to property on the ground.

This is the first crash of a Su-30MKI, which was inducted into the IAF in 1997. The IAF operates three squadrons (approximately 55 aircraft) of the jet, which is being manufactured under license in India by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL).

It was not immediately clear whether the aircraft that crashed was among those purchased in fly away condition or had been manufactured in India.

IAF Sukhoi fighter jet crashes; navigator killed

VayuSena1

Professional
A very shocking news indeed. I did not expect something like this to happen especially to any of the Pune based aircraft since they have a very disciplined check-up structure. Sad to hear that Nara sir couldn't make it.

vijaytripoli

why the navigator died? russian are known to make world best ejection seats even better than us?
that what happened to that crap?
chau

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
why the navigator died? russian are known to make world best ejection seats even better than us?
that what happened to that crap?
chau
It might be the altitude.....the navigator had a forced landing and broke his spine I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles