Student in China Calls Police Because Military Training Too Tiring

blueblood

Delegates from Chinese People's Liberation Army / AP

BY: Morgan Chalfant
August 21, 2015 5:59 pm

A student undergoing military training at a high school in China called police because he felt too tired to complete the exercise.

“My instructor forced me to practice even though I am exhausted,” the student told police during military training at a high school in Nanjing, the capital of China’s eastern Jiangsu province.

People’s Daily Online reported:

According to the National Defense Education Law of China, college students and students in high school should participate in the military training. Generally the training is set in August before the start of a new term and in October after the National Day. It has been implemented for many years that students who enter high school take part in military training. The student calling for police has drawn the attention of netizens and triggered aheated discussion.

While educators regard the military training as beneficial physical and mental exercise, parents believe the training may put students at health risk. Experts, meanwhile, have called for the training to be more “humane.”

http://freebeacon.com/issues/student-in-china-calls-police-because-military-training-too-tiring/

Global Defence

New threads

Articles