Strategic Forces Command to conduct Agni-I user trial

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
BALASORE: After successful tests of nuclear-capable Agni- II and Agni-IV missiles, India is preparing to conduct a fresh user trial of Agni-I missile from a defence base off the Odisha coast.

The Strategic Forces Command (SFC) of Indian Army will carry out the test on December 1.
Sources at the integrated test range (ITR) at Chandipur here said preparation for the test had already begun at the Wheeler Island launching complex.

"There were considerable improvements in its re-entry technology and manoeuvrability since Agni's first trial.
This test will reconfirm the technical parameters set for the Army," said a defence scientist.

As the missile has already been inducted in the Army, the test will be conducted by the personnel of Strategic Forces Command.
This will be limited stock production (LSP) test of Agni-I, which will be selected at random from a bunch of missiles and used for the trial.

User Trial of Agni-I - southindia - Orissa - ibnlive

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

"There were considerable improvements in its re-entry technology and manoeuvrability since Agni's first trial.
This test will reconfirm the technical parameters set for the Army," said a defence scientist.

As the missile has already been inducted in the Army, the test will be conducted by the personnel of Strategic Forces Command.
This will be limited stock production (LSP) test of Agni-I, which will be selected at random from a bunch of missiles and used for the trial.
8)....................................................:thumb:

SpArK

SORCERER
Strategic Forces Command to conduct Agni-I user trial

29 November 2011

Balasore, Odisha: India is preparing to conduct a user trial of the Agni I missile from its missile testing facility located at Balasore, off the Odisha coast. The test follows on the heels of successful tests of the nuclear-capable Agni II and Agni IV missiles.

The Agni I is a single stage, solid fuel, road and rail mobile, medium-range ballistic missile (MRBM), which is Pakistan-specific. The 15 metre tall Agni-1 missile, weighing about 12 tonnes, is capable of carrying both conventional as well as nuclear warheads of 1,000 kg.

The user trial will be carried out by the Indian Army component of the Strategic Forces Command (SFC) on 1 December.

Sources at the integrated test range (ITR) at Chandipur here said preparation for the test had already begun at the Wheeler Island launching complex.

''There were considerable improvements in its re-entry technology and manoeuvrability since Agni's first trial"¦.This test will reconfirm the technical parameters set for the Army,'' said a defence scientist.

As the missile has already been inducted in the Army, this will be limited stock production (LSP) test, with the missile being selected at random from a batch.

domain-b.com : SFC to conduct Agni-I user trial

agentperry

Agni-1 (A1) planned to be tested on December 1, 2011 by personnel of Strategic Forces Command (SFC). The test will be conducted from the Wheeler Island launching complex at the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur in Odisha.

A defense scietist told Indian Express, "There were considerable improvements in its re-entry technology and manoeuvrability since Agni's first trial. This test will reconfirm the technical parameters set for the Army," said a defence scientist.

A missile will be randomly picked from a lot of limited stock production (LSP) missiles for the trial.
agni still in lsp??

Galaxy

Country flag
agni still in lsp??
I suppose we have enough number as we inducted almost decade back. it's just that we do few test for further improvement. May be we concentrating more on Brahmos, Prahaar, Shaurya, Nirbhay. Also not to forget we have Prithvi too. Agni-1 has limited advantage as per our current and potential missile arsenal. Why we will use Agni-1 when Brahmos, Shaurya, Prahar can give better result ?? Think over it.

Nov 25 2010 -- http://www.indianexpress.com/news/india-successfully-testfires-agni-i-ballist/715859/

Last edited:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
agni still in lsp??
Limited serial production (LSP) because we are not making agni missile on production line, it require in limited number (50 or so) then what is point in setting up production line for the missile.

Agni is costly missile for which only nuke payload is needed, BTW A1 is Pakistan specific only. Therefore limited A1 missiles, same would be for other missiles of agni series.

Mods and Admin please move these posts to Missile discussion thread.

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag
The AGNI A1-06 was successfully flight tested from Wheeler Island today at 0930 hrs by the Indian Army. The missile was launched from a Road Mobile Launcher System and reached the target point in the Bay of Bengal. The missile was tracked by radar andtelemetry stations located along the coastline. Two Naval Ships located near the target point tracked the missile in the terminal phase of the flight.

The missile, indigenously developed by DRDO, is already in the arsenal of Indian Armed Forces.

PK/NN
(Release ID :77985)

Press Information Bureau English Releases

Why they are referring it AGNI A1-06 - any chance of the test being 6 th or is it 6 th block / mark .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles